* Everything they are already doing
* New nighttime shows at DAK, DHS
* New parade at MK
* Parades at Epcot, DHS, and DAK
* An Epcot not completely torn apart
* A new night parade at MK
* PTN at DHS
* All new shows at DHS
* Plussing of numerous classic MK attractions (e.g. explosions for BTM).
* Fantasmic plussing
* A replacement for Stitch
* Lots of entertainment throughout the resort
* Something at each of the resort hotels
And the 50th was probably our only chance to GET some of these things. Such a letdown...

Haymarket2008

I'm hoping that they at least do some plussing of existing rides sometime during the year (beyond the already announced Philharmagic scene addition). Why wouldn't they be adding the explosions to BTM and Hatbox ghost to HM, etc? And refurb PPF while you're at it to improve the show quality.

These were ALL things I thought were no brainers. Another one? Give us the Pirate Barker Bird outside Pirates again ;)

Disney Analyst

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised whenever I ride it, but based on my experience with other similar rides, I don't think I'll be impressed. Forbidden Journey is widely considered one of the best rides in the world but it didn't do much for me, partially because of the heavy reliance on screens (the ride system is terrible too, which is another major factor).

That doesn't mean I'll hate it -- I could see it being a fine mid-level ride. It's just unlikely that I'll ever consider it something worth riding as anything more than a short wait/walk-on. I'll find out for sure sometime in the next few years, though, and hopefully I'm wrong.

I love FJ 😱 the ride system is so fun and cool. 😅

That’s the best thing about these parks. We all have different takes and feelings on things, but there is something for us all!

VJ

Let's hope they curb the issue with resellers this time..😡
kz5j0wrhdv951.jpg
what incentive does disney have to deal with resellers? disney wants money and they give disney money, lots of it

disney has shown repeatedly that they value income over the guest experience, and disney won't magically change their mind on that

VJ

Because nothing says “Walt Disney World!!!” more than R2-D2. 🤦‍♂️ They just confirmed the “golden characters” are nothing more than marketing ploys to get people to buy more overpriced crap. Congrats.
why were you expecting anything different?

TTA94

What the 50th should have been:

* Everything they are already doing
* New nighttime shows at DAK, DHS
* New parade at MK
* Parades at Epcot, DHS, and DAK
* An Epcot not completely torn apart
* A new night parade at MK
* PTN at DHS
* All new shows at DHS
* Plussing of numerous classic MK attractions (e.g. explosions for BTM).
* Fantasmic plussing
* A replacement for Stitch
* Lots of entertainment throughout the resort
* Something at each of the resort hotels

I get the pandemic threw a wrench into some things, but the 50th could have been so much more.

If only they kept HEA and brought back a nighttime parade instead of Enchantment.

UNCgolf

I love FJ 😱 the ride system is so fun and cool. 😅

That’s the best thing about these parks. We all have different takes and feelings on things, but there is something for us all!

The FJ ride system is great in theory, but it's not smooth enough IMO. It's really jerky and throws you all over the place. It gave me motion sickness and actually hurt my GF's neck.

deix15x8

what incentive does disney have to deal with resellers? disney wants money and they give disney money, lots of it

disney has shown repeatedly that they value income over the guest experience, and disney won't magically change their mind on that
20 people going into the parks and buying a plush generates more money than one person going in and buying 20 to resell. The more people can't buy things in the park that they want the less likely they are to go. Disney wants everyone to go in as often as possible and buy everything possible.

Cmdr_Crimson

There was an article about the problem of resellers Flippin it on eBay..
https:///2020/12/disney-parks-resellers-ba1/

Stevie Amsterdam

20 people going into the parks and buying a plush generates more money than one person going in and buying 20 to resell. The more people can't buy things in the park that they want the less likely they are to go. Disney wants everyone to go in as often as possible and buy everything possible.
I’m not sure if this is true though? I mean I get that annual pass holders visit the parks with a different approach than people who visit every few years or even once in a lifetime, but I find it hard to believe that there are folks who wouldn’t visit The World because their favorite pluche isn’t available 😕

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I haven't been on it in person, but in watching a ride video, it looks like roughly 90% of the ride is just watching something on a screen in front of you. There are at least some physical props scattered throughout, but it looks more screen heavy than any currently existing ride at WDW outside of the aforementioned Soarin' and FoP.

It doesn't feel that way, though. It's truly immersive.
Even I’ve said I feel Rat is rather good 😂

skypilot2922

There was an article about the problem of resellers Flippin it on eBay..
https:///2020/12/disney-parks-resellers-ba1/

There is a concept called 'velocity' or how fast does stuff sell, Resellers provide velocity to Disney especially on limited items, As others have said Disney has no interest in preventing resellers from buying as much as they can carry all Disney cares about is selling every last one of them.

The online limitations in the article are probably because Disney like most online retailers is using automated picking carts which have a limited capacity, Same reason if you order say 100 of something from Amazon it usually takes a week or more to get it delivered because instead of amazon's robots doing the pick the pick must be done manually.

Brenthodge

Between this and CARNIVALE parade across multiple properties this year, Disney has shown its really more about cutting costs than safety concerns. Keep it up Cedar Fair, you are making the mouse look pretty weak right now (for 1/3 the cost)

UNCgolf

Even I’ve said I feel Rat is rather good 😂

I'm not mad they're building it -- don't love the fit, but it's certainly better than Frozen -- I just don't think I'm going to personally be a big fan. The fact that it's an actual addition is great, and I think a lot of people will love it.

I also think the new Beauty and the Beast ride in Tokyo (while far from perfect) looks significantly better than Rat, although it would be a worse fit than Rat and should go in New Fantasyland if it ever comes to WDW.

Brenthodge

I would trade my first born child for a night time parade.
And brought over Magic Hapoens. A parade that looks like it was designed for the blue/gold 50 AND uses a snippet of the song from the said resorts 25 anniversary. It actually FEELS like an anniversary parade. Would’ve been perfect time to bring back an updated, all new spectro as well since wasn’t that a 25th debut as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom