The week After Thanksgiving - What day to arrive?

erstwo

I am planning a trip with my extended family the week after Thanksgiving (2010).

The week after Thanksgiving works best with everyone's schedules, but I am at a loss as to what day we should arrive. When will the Thanksgiving crowds start to leave? Sunday after Thanksgiving?

I know we run a risk of Pop Warner crowds (if I'm not mistaken) at the end of that week, so I'd like to get to Disney as soon as possible, but I don't want our first day in the parks to be packed to the max either.

Advice?

happymom52003

For this year, the crowd prediction calendar has the Sunday after Thanksgiving rated as a 4, which is as low as it gets. Saturday is rated a 7. Based on that, looks like most people leave on Sunday.

Have fun! We've been twice during that week, and it is my all time favorite time to go to WDW.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

For this year, the crowd prediction calendar has the Sunday after Thanksgiving rated as a 4, which is as low as it gets. Saturday is rated a 7. Based on that, looks like most people leave on Sunday.

Have fun! We've been twice during that week, and it is my all time favorite time to go to WDW.

thats

Thats the best news I have heard in months,I am going November 29-December 4. I was worried about the crowd on that Sunday. I guess the rest of that week is pretty slow also?

Upvote 0

thetodd

We are due to check in on the 29th. as well, we've done this before and love it, it's also the start of the value season rates. The weather has always been nice enough for the pool, however that time of year you never know I guess.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

Interesting question and great answers so far! We plan on this on our next trip. We did watch Samatha Brown at one time stroll thru DHS and interview guest...very few people there during the day and it was the week after Thanksgiving, also..Christmas decorations up also! You guys have a great trip! Report back to us about it! :wave:

Upvote 0

lisa2465

I am going Nov 28 thru Dec 6, was their the same week last year and the crowds and lines where not bad. I believe the max wait time for a ride with out using fast pass was approx 15 mins. Have fun on your trip,

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

We went right after Thanksgiving in 2007, It was great, every park decorated for Christmas, We went to MVMCP, I highly recommend going. There were no crowds during the weekdays, the park did get a little more crowded on the weekend. It was hard to pack for however. I finally puchased some "zip-off" pants before we left and zipped or unzipped the legs as necessary. I actually shoveled snow the day before I left. So we had to lay or clothing for the trip, jacket, sweatshirt, poloshirt then removed layers as we went. The weather in WDW was great and we went to the pool every day, but the nights did get cool and we had to wear a jacket. I remember laughing as we walked into the Magic Kingdom one morning in shorts and saw all the cast members wearing Navy Peacoats.

Upvote 0

Nedlo2

We're headed down for our stay Nov 29 - Dec 4. This will be our 3rd time checking in the Sunday after Thanksgiving and the first two were great.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

When we've gone that time of year, we like to fly in either Sat or Sun. One day we flew in on Friday, went to the parks on Saturday and that was our biggest mistake!:hammer: Soooo crowded that day. We ended up just leaving and renting a pontoon boat from the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

Jen0504

We were originally scheduled to fly in the 29th of November (Sun), but got a screaming deal on airfare as long as we flew on the 28th (Sat). Needless to say, we were all tore up that we had to add a day to our Disney vacation!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

mickeymaniacs

We went last year at that time and it was great as far as crowds. The weather was a little cool. We left the day after Thanksgiving and came back the following Saturday. We didn't go to the park until Monday, (we did Universal on Sunday and there was no wait times at all). The night of the MVMCP was freezing though, it was 39 degrees and we had heavy jackets and blankets to watch fireworks and parade. Most days we were comfortable in jeans and t-shirts. The most we waited in line was 40 minutes at 2 in the afternoon for Soarin. It was great. You'll have a blast ,just make sure you do the lights at DHS. That was my husband's favorite thing.

Upvote 0

Woozles944

We will be at the AS Movies Nov 25 thru Dec 3. We expect it will be busy for the first 3 days, then lighten up. We went Dec 4 thru Dec 14 last year and the crowds were fairly light.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom