Rumor The Wave to become an 'Incredibles Steakhouse'

Bocabear

is it a short lived trend though? I have actually ordered the vegetarian option at several of the restaurants on property though I am not a vegetarian myself...They were just a good alternative... That said, I don't think the Contemporary needs a vegetarian restaurant... Vegetarian options (which they currently have) are great, but a dedicated restaurant at one of the hotels is not necessary.

mikejs78

Premium Member
It all depends on the math you use...relative or actual.

The relative increase is reported by Forbs at 600%.

The actual increase reported in the same article is an increase from 1% of the population to 6%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetf...ndler-gentler-world-vegan-month/#2b2d2da82f2b
It also depends on the study you look at.. this one from Gallop in 2018 still pegs the number of vegans at 3%. https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...-americas-vegans-and-vegetarians-infographic/

All told, still a small percentage of the population. I think a steakhouse with a vegetarian/vegan option is perfectly reasonable.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It also depends on the study you look at.. this one from Gallop in 2018 still pegs the number of vegans at 3%. https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...-americas-vegans-and-vegetarians-infographic/

All told, still a small percentage of the population. I think a steakhouse with a vegetarian/vegan option is perfectly reasonable.
Agree 100%.

I will be wholeheartedly on board for the day when that they can make a lab grown fillet that tastes the same as the real thing without the environmental impact, but until then, I am sticking with the omnivore thing.

blizeH

I will be wholeheartedly on board for the day when that they can make a lab grown fillet that tastes the same as the real thing without the environmental impact, but until then, I am sticking with the omnivore thing.
That’s a fair point, if you’re concerned about the environmental impact have you tried any of the plant based meats available right now though? Some are surprisingly good... Gardien, Field Roast etc

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Site of Unnameable Clickbaits has pictures of a hallway of the Contemporary that has a small section with new carpeting and artwork themed to Incredibles/Monorail.

They surmise it's a test to see if TPTB want to expand this resort-wide (though it's possible it will be limited to just a section of The C.)

This does lend credence to an Incredibles-themed overlay of The Wave (not unlikely in my opinion after Snow White was introduced at Artist Point in WL... but maybe not a steakhouse).

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The Site of Unnameable Clickbaits has pictures of a hallway of the Contemporary that has a small section with new carpeting and artwork themed to Incredibles/Monorail.

They surmise it's a test to see if TPTB want to expand this resort-wide (though it's possible it will be limited to just a section of The C.)

This does lend credence to an Incredibles-themed overlay of The Wave (not unlikely in my opinion after Snow White was introduced at Artist Point in WL... but maybe not a steakhouse).

I didn’t hate the poster of Mrs. I on the monorail - the logo in the carpet was tacky and looks horrible.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I didn’t hate the poster of Mrs. I on the monorail - the logo in the carpet was tacky and looks horrible.

I view the carpet as a lateral move from the awful poached eggs carpet.

It needs to have more energy and movement and less speckled patterns on top of other speckled patterns. More like this...

Sir_Cliff

I view the carpet as a lateral move from the awful poached eggs carpet.
Yeah, the existing carpet is pretty terrible and the new one certainly doesn't seem any worse to me.

The character artwork I'm less thrilled about, though. The Disneyland Hotel provides a perfect model for how you can work with retro architecture to make a tasteful but very Disney deluxe resort. I'm also kind of surprised they'd go with characters considering this is a convention resort. I thought the whole explanation for toning down the theming for the new tower at Coronado was that business people attending conferences found it less appealing?

SpaceMountain77

I am going to be the first to say it. Disney's Contemporary Resort is going to follow Disney's Hotel New York. Instead of the Art of Marvel, Disney's Contemporary resort will soon be filled with the art of the Incredibles alongside the mid-century modern architecture. It will be a thorough retheme, from the resort's lobby to rooms.

Sadly, Mary Blair's Grand Canyon Concourse mural will be taken down. The Disney Archives will save the five-legged goat and the remaining tiles will be sold.

Instead of attempting to keep up modernity, I had always hoped that Disney would embrace its architecture as a theme and fully realize a 1950s vision of the future, perhaps drawing inspiration from Disneyland's Tomorrowland, or dig a little deeper into the resort's origins and reimagine the Contemporary as Tempo Bay.

Specialty room offerings are hidden within their respective buildings at Disney's Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside Resorts. The South Garden Wing exists on borrowed time and I could not imagine a mix of traditional and specialty floors within the Contemporary Tower.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
This is the best IP that they could cram into the CR? Yeah it was popular but is anyone really going to care about it in 10 years? Do they really have a problem selling rooms at the Contemporary that this was needed? Tbh it just cheapens the whole resort.

DaGoof00

I don’t think that it actually does. And for
Multiple reasons. People have really enjoyed the new AKL rooms despite the lion king references, the addition of Disney characters with Chip and Dale at the Grand Californian, etc. Many negative comments have been made about the loss of the Disney touch in rooms, for example the nautical Mickey lamps. So what exactly is the perfect balance. Because for many the loss of Disney characters is a negative and then the addition of them is a
Negative.

I’m not advocating that the Mary Blair art be taken down or certain other elements of the resort be lost, but this is certainly not the worst change they could make here...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom