Rumor The Wave to become an 'Incredibles Steakhouse'

Castle Cake Apologist

I love her but I think the mural objectively just doesn't work if they are going to redo the concourse to modernize it. It's massively out of place. If only they could move it to Coronado or a place where it would work coherently with the current theme. Most people have no idea why it's there or the fact the concourse was really originally done in a southwest motif, which was very popular in the 60s and 70s. Heck, the fact the concourse is still called the Grand Canyon concourse is surprising and most probably assume name name comes from the size of the open concourse, rather than the fact there used to be anything southwestern in it.

Moving it somewhere else more aesthetically appropriate would be fine to me, as I honestly kinda agree with your overall point here. However, archiving the nine tiles that comprise the 5-legged goat and selling the rest is unacceptable. This is a work of art by a well-known and respected artist and should be preserved accordingly. Disney should be ashamed of the way they've handled Mary's art since the late 80s.

Last edited:

Spash007

I can't take this seriously, even though you are entitled to your opinion, if you don't rank DAK Lodge as number one. No other WDW resort can even come within miles of matching its grandeur.

Everyone just has their different opinions of what is the best Disney resort, depending on what is important to you. I hear you on AKL, but for me the lack of transportation options brings it down on my list. Contemporary was very much towards the top due to walkability to MK. Right now I put Beach Club at the top for theming, distance to Epcot and HS, and Stormalong Bay.

rowrbazzle

I like the look, but would prefer to lose the Incredibles aspect. Or just lose Elastigirl, as the carpet logo is a bit more hidden. Maybe throw something in the rooms, but just drop it from the hallway. But I like the image of the monorail, the decorative elements on the wall, and the bright colors.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I can see how the Incredibles can be worked into the Contemporary, just as the Wilderness Lodge has the forest animals worked into some of the details. Some artwork here, some color schemes there, sure. But a full re-theming of the entire resort? I just don't see it happening. Would the return really be worth it? And that would then require Chef Mickey's going, which I don't think they would do.
Why would it require Chef Mickeys to go?

Robbiem

I think if its done right and contained to one section of the hotel incredibles or monorail themed rooms would be ok. Several of the hotels in Tokyo have character themed and standard rooms so i dont see why WDW resorts cant

UNCgolf

I can't take this seriously, even though you are entitled to your opinion, if you don't rank DAK Lodge as number one. No other WDW resort can even come within miles of matching its grandeur.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is gorgeous, has fantastic theming, and great food. Boma is my favorite breakfast anywhere on Disney property (we specifically go to AKL one morning just to eat there). Buuuuut... it's the least convenient place to stay. You can't get anywhere without taking a bus or driving yourself. I don't think I'd ever choose to stay there -- Beach or Yacht Club would be my top choice if money was no object because of their location (Boardwalk Inn is fine too because of location, but Beach/Yacht are better).

wdwfan22

I think it comes down to a matter or opinion. I’m my opinion Contemporary is not only the weakest deluxe. It’s the weakest non value resort at WDW.
True it all comes down to personal taste but having stayed at all of them I trust in my opinion
the Resort has rooms the size of a moderate it looses all points there.

Indy_UK

I don't think a floor dedicated to the Incredibles is a bad idea. It wil only affect those staying on that floor and paying the premium probabaly

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I like the idea of Contemporary going with a MidCentury redesign. I think it would suit the building well. See photos of the new TWA hotel for what the design could look/feel like. I understand it's not everyone's taste but I think it could work well with the building.

Regarding the incredibles I'm tired of IPs everywhere, just stop already. It's already very over done and no one is asking for it at this point. However with that not being an option with today's Disney, I think this could work and I would be ok with it if the Incredibles are not the theme but just woven into a MidCentury redesign it might not be so bad.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think it comes down to a matter or opinion. I’m my opinion Contemporary is not only the weakest deluxe. It’s the weakest non value resort at WDW.

I agree it needs updating because it’s due, but the room rates and occupancy it gets however are not the weakest of properly. The main building isn’t the problem, the real problems are the drab outer building. For a deluxe resort it needs to go. Slapping IP into it does nothing.

peter11435

I agree it needs updating because it’s due, but the room rates and occupancy it gets however are not the weakest of properly. The main building isn’t the problem, the real problems are the drab outer building. For a deluxe resort it needs to go. Slapping IP into it does nothing.
It’s room rates and occupancy levels are in no way deserved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom