Rumor The Wave to become an 'Incredibles Steakhouse'

nicb88

Original Poster
They need to think outside the box... what is in style right now all across the country? They need a brewery/restaurant that serves only local beers. Especially at a convention hotel.

They could easily do this at The Wave with no major changes required. I’m pretty sure it would fit with the original premise for the restaurant too. Unless that’s your point? Haha.

Minthorne

89B6C617-7453-4C89-9D23-EF2B9781F4C1.jpeg

This was the fish dish I had at the Wave last Friday and it was the best meal I had all week in Disney.

*Q*

any coincidence this is happening as Coronado Spring's revamp is nearly completed? Aren't they trying to make CS into the convention area now?
Supposedly they are trying to shift convention business away from the Contemporary to the new convention center at the Yacht Club so that conventioneers will spend more money in the World Showcase and the EPCOT Resort Area.

AdventureMP4z

Supposedly they are trying to shift convention business away from the Contemporary to the new convention center at the Yacht Club so that conventioneers will spend more money in the World Showcase and the EPCOT Resort Area.

Maybe an all-suites tower at the Contemporary in place of the Convention Center? That would be awesome.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"We need to boost food sales! What restaurants don't have movie IP attached to them?"

"Well, sir, The Wave doesn't but we need that for conven..."

"CHANGE IT NOW!!! What's hot at the moment? I know, The Incredibles!! And make it a steakhouse, because those things rake in the cash for us because those lemmings are too stupid to know what good food is anymore!"

:banghead:

bUU

When The Wave first opened it was great - the menu changed very regularly and it truly used local, fresh produce. But as has been said, the homogenization then hit and the menu shrank and became less varied.
I did mention in my comment, though, that there are great options just offsite. The point is that Disney shouldn't even try to compete with that. There is nothing about The Disney Company that should result in a better non-Disney IP-driven dining experience than can be offered by a business offsite whose sole purpose is dining specifically or hospitality in general. The consolidation that is leaving us with only California Grill, Narcoossee and a handful of other fine dining experiences onsite makes sense and is a long time coming, since doing things like converting Artist Point to a character meal means Disney is expending more of its capacity offering those things that they can offer better than anyone else, for which there has be far more untapped demand than for those fine dining experiences.

Lensman

Maybe we'll get lucky and it was all just a misunderstanding and we're going to get an incredible steakhouse? 🤔 I could see the space being conducive to that wood-paneled, no window look that most steakhouses have. Traditional steakhouse decor would clash with the modern feel of the Contemporary so maybe the decor will be more like STK?

They could also address filling the need for a conventioneer table service by holding back ADR space for walk-in traffic - maybe dedicating 40% of tables for walk-in traffic vs ADR.

Last edited:

Tom P.

From their convention planning website:

"Walt Disney World Resort in Florida boasts 5 dedicated convention hotels and more than 700,000 square feet of ballroom, meeting and event space. The Resort also features 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, 3 championship golf courses, world-class spas, Disney Springs and endless recreation. Take advantage of seasonal and year-round events—indulge in the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, wander through the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival or embark on a safari at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. Your options are truly limitless!"

So I'd say "no."
Where exactly are these five dedicated convention hotels? Even Coronado Springs has significant non-convention business from "regular" Disney guests.

mdcpr

I’ve always wondered why they don’t push the conventions to other hotels. The last WDW convention I attended had rooms at the Contemporary for $199 a night. This was in April during spring break season. It was a 300 person conference and all i could think was “these rooms would be $450 a night if not for the convention rate.”

Most convention goers aren’t park people, so why wouldn’t they push the conventions to the cheaper resorts?
'Convention person' here, we do go to the parks because after the conferences our families join us. In addition, every time I go to a conference at WDW, they offer us timeshares because of the assumption of discretionary income.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Throw 💩 against the wall, get clicks, hopefully said 💩 sticks, do a victory lap proclaiming that you were right. Repeat.

Never gets old.
Yeah, it does.
Very old. Very quickly.

The worst part is that he has converted the formerly adorkable Josh into a bit of a pompous jerk too. Birds of a feather ... and all that, I guess.

nicb88

Original Poster
Where exactly are these five dedicated convention hotels? Even Coronado Springs has significant non-convention business from "regular" Disney guests.

If you mean which resorts, they’re Coronado, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Yacht Club. As said above they’re the ones with a convention center, not ‘only for convention guests’.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom