News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Jrb1979

You answered your own question: you choose sports highlights
That's not what I was getting at. Yes I watch sports highlights after work. That's maybe a couple of times a week. My question was about having time to watch the amount of shows people watch. From the way it sounds for most people is other than work, they are home bodies.

MrPromey

That's not what I was getting at. Yes I watch sports highlights after work. That's maybe a couple of times a week. My question was about having time to watch the amount of shows people watch. From the way it sounds for most people is other than work, they are home bodies.
And with a lot of people now WFH, including work which is amplifies that effect.

Sounds like you understand exactly how it happens but more can't conceive of the mindset being so different from your own of someone who would want to do that and with an active lifestyle and family and other responsobilities, I can certainly understand that.

Phicinfan

My wife and I binge watch things we like, since regular TV sucks. I also travel a ton for work, so when I am out alone and sitting in a Hotel, its a great time to sit and watch things. ITs how I got through all of Game of Thrones for example

pdude81

...From the way it sounds for most people is other than work, they are home bodies.
Correct. And some homebodies with children (✋) still can't figure out how to binge watch tv shows. But part of my problem is figuring out which of the thousands of options spread among multiple services I should watch. It's easier to just go to youtube sometimes and watch concert videos.

JoeCamel

Correct. And some homebodies with children (✋) still can't figure out how to binge watch tv shows. But part of my problem is figuring out which of the thousands of options spread among multiple services I should watch. It's easier to just go to youtube sometimes and watch concert videos.
That is my issue as well, back in the day I knew what I would be watching Thursday at 8pm during the "season". Now I have to find something to try to watch. I like scheduled TV best I think

allanbarr

... And I think most of that content does not get watched by the majority of their subscribers.

I know watching the "Apple Dumpling Gang" was fun when D+ first launched and my aunt enjoyed watching the original "That Darn Cat" on Christmas that first year while I humored it and my son ignored it while playing with his new toys but it's difficult to imagine their back-catalog is doing a whole lot to keep modern audiences hooked.... at least the 60% that, according to stats MrPenguin cited, are households without children.
I’m glad to hear you say that! That was my exact thought when I signed up for Disney+ “I want to watch the Apple Dumpling Gang.” The nostalgia for our age group watching the Disney Channel in the 80’s was a great hook!

Ayla

I get how it happens. My question was how people have time to do that? Do people stay home more now? For my family during the week we busy with work and after school stuff to really have time to watch much. On days off we usually are out doing things.
We did that for 25 years and thank god it's over. Empty nesters now and typically once we are home from work, we are in for the night.

Trauma

I have been trying to complete my Discounted Cash Flow evaluation of the DIS before earnings just to see how i do.

In case you have never done this process the simplistic description of it is taking a guess at future free cash flows of a company to figure out if it is currently valued properly.

I can easily do this with a few segments of the business like the cruise line for example.

Once I’m outside those segments I have never been so lost in the weeds.

Let’s just take the elephant in the room D+.

Netflix just CRUSHED earnings. Not coming in slightly above predictions but crushing them.

Is D+ also going to kill it adding a record number of subs ? Is a portion of those Netflix switching over from D+?

Is there a chance $DIS falls short of projections?

I have complete respect for anyone who is looking at Disney as a value play and buying here. You have a greater vision and stronger conviction then me since I can’t figure this company out.

It’s best not to invest in company’s you have an emotional statement to.

Half of me wants Disney to miss earnings so badly it dooms Iger.

The other half just wants Disney to reclaim
It former glory and move forward into a bright future.

Maybe one can’t happen without the other.

Time will tell the story but my crystal ball is broken…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have been trying to complete my Discounted Cash Flow evaluation of the DIS before earnings just to see how i do.

In case you have never done this process the simplistic description of it is taking a guess at future free cash flows of a company to figure out if it is currently valued properly.

I can easily do this with a few segments of the business like the cruise line for example.

Once I’m outside those segments I have never been so lost in the weeds.

Let’s just take the elephant in the room D+.

Netflix just CRUSHED earnings. Not coming in slightly above predictions but crushing them.

Is D+ also going to kill it adding a record number of subs ? Is a portion of those Netflix switching over from D+?

Is there a chance $DIS falls short of projections?

I have complete respect for anyone who is looking at Disney as a value play and buying here. You have a greater vision and stronger conviction then me since I can’t figure this company out.

It’s best not to invest in company’s you have an emotional statement to.

Half of me wants Disney to miss earnings so badly it dooms Iger.

The other half just wants Disney to reclaim
It former glory and move forward into a bright future.

Maybe one can’t happen without the other.

Time will tell the story but my crystal ball is broken…
“…i don’t know, Butthead…sounds all complicated…and stuff”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Netflix just licensed S€X and the City from HBO…
That’s the kinda “catalogue” That pulls a draw…similar to what Max has gotten with Friends

If some will recall…I suggest Scott Stuber to be part of the new Disney briantrust years ago…
And it wasn’t JUST about Molly 🤥

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The NFL/ESPN thing buys Iger another quarter.
I’m sure that was pre-emptive

But as with all things D…no details. We don’t know it they’re being paid or paying?
Never a straight answer

Here’s where you win at the big game…like James Bond in Montenegro…

Buy the nfl NOW…take it to stream…or a significant chunk of it.

We talking $50 Bil and up. But that is gonna be the prize down the road. Just do it, Nike

MrPromey

I hear you there.

More than once, I've turned on the TV looking for something to watch and thirty minutes later, I'm still looking and I end up giving up because all that figuring out what to start into has made me no longer interested in watching anything.

MrPromey

Netflix just licensed S€X and the City from HBO…
That’s the kinda “catalogue” That pulls a draw…similar to what Max has gotten with Friends

If some will recall…I suggest Scott Stuber to be part of the new Disney briantrust years ago…
And it wasn’t JUST about Molly 🤥
So if I'm reading you right, what Disney needs to do is get the streaming rights to Small Wonder and then they'll be in the black.

Crazy like a fox(acquisition deal)!

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
I’m sure that was pre-emptive

But as with all things D…no details. We don’t know it they’re being paid or paying?
Never a straight answer

Here’s where you win at the big game…like James Bond in Montenegro…

Buy the nfl NOW…take it to stream…or a significant chunk of it.

We talking $50 Bil and up. But that is gonna be the prize down the road. Just do it, Nike
How much did Google pay for Sunday Ticket? And Amazon (using NBC for talent and broadcast crews) for TNF? I bet they won’t be happy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How much did Google pay for Sunday Ticket? And Amazon (using NBC for talent and broadcast crews) for TNF? I bet they won’t be happy.
That’s why you just get in there and blow it out of the water

With the obsession with prop betting only projected to skyrocket…the nfl is the only prize that matters

Stop wasting your time “dabbling”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom