News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hear you there.

More than once, I've turned on the TV looking for something to watch and thirty minutes later, I'm still looking and I end up giving up because all that figuring out what to start into has made me no longer interested in watching anything.

I do this pretty much every night 😂

So I give up…come on here…and watch people make excuses for obselete Bob while clutching their confirmation to port orleans instead 😎

…too soon?
…….too real? 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The funny thing is that those shows were more popular, relatively speaking, in their original run than Suits.
Suits has a pretty obvious appeal…from my seat up in the 400 level

My point about Sex and the City is it has a huge rewatchability factor, holds up well over now 25 years, and has a real dedicated subtle fanbase that will watch it 10 times over

Just like she-hulk

Tomato/potato

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Perhaps. But we have no idea how that arrangement will look. Both the NFL and Disney already have a lot of heavy antitrust scrutiny - how would getting further in bed together provoke some opposition to this arrangement?
I don’t think antitrust is an issue because the nfl takes money from ALL the competitors

They also can pay the sub committee whatever they want…if you get my drift 💸

Lilofan

Former CFO says Iger eliminated any possible successor.

Ouch!

One stumbling block for Rasulo and Staggs to get the top job is having no confidence from the Board. No Go from Bob and Board means pack your things and move on. Even those guys didn't get the jackpot severance package of Ovitz when Ovitz walked away with over $100M in 1997.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Ouch!

Well that’s like saying water is wet
One stumbling block for Rasulo and Staggs to get the top job is having no confidence from the Board. No Go from Bob and Board means pack your things and move on. Even those guys didn't get the jackpot severance package of Ovitz when Ovitz walked away with over $100M in 1997.
And for the slow learners…where do the board appointees come from?

People have been real slow on the uptake of Disney history with this one

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Ouch!

Profound insight from someone who left the board 18 years ago and his job as CFO 33 years ago. Wonder if he's mad he wasn't chosen.

This is why Iger has continuously been CEO for decades... oh wait...

Dranth

Ouch!

Isn't this why we got Chapek, or Iger for that matter?

It is a pretty common practice in my experience as you can't have a bunch of type A's running around trying to back stab you all the time. Real or perceived, many CEOs believe they are a target of all the ambitious underlings.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Ouch!

The guy from 30+yrs ago talking about the period of time he wasn't even with the company... Intriguing...

And good ol BI keeping true to form... literally that one quote is the only part of the WSJ article from or about anything Gary Wilson had to say about Iger or the company.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The guy from 30+yrs ago talking about the period of time he wasn't even with the company... Intriguing...

And good ol BI keeping true to form... literally that one quote is the only part of the WSJ article from or about anything Gary Wilson had to say about Iger or the company.
The reason why elders are quoted in these articles is a lost concept: wisdom

They know it when they see it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom