News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
So $DIS is looking to spend out the end of the quarter to start next year with better numbers......

More details from THR - the September 30 date is just an initial deadline.

"Roberts reported that Sept. 30 will mark an initial deadline to set in motion Disney using a put option that would require the studio that owns the remaining two-thirds in Hulu to take over its minority stake. “As of Sept. 30, after some short period of time, Disney can call, we can put, and I believe that’s what will end up happening,” Roberts told the Goldman Sachs Communcacopia + Technology Conference during a session that was webcast about the Disney-Charter carriage dispute.

He also talked about the valuation for the Hulu stake, which would likely have a floor of just under $30 billion. “I think we are excited to get this resolved and the minimum of $27.5 billion, that was just a hypothetical we picked out five years. The company is way more valuable today than it was then,” Roberts said, while arguing Hulu and Netflix are “in a class by themselves.”

He added the put call to be triggered around 30 days after the start gun is fired on Sept. 30, but that both parties were appraising the value of the Hulu stake and more possible suitors may step forward. “That’s a scarce kingmaker asset,” Roberts said of the Hulu stake set to go up for auction."

kingdead

Doesn't make sense. Iger does wake up early then works out 45 min on his home gym Versa climber ( not for the faint of heart ) then the article says he then showers in his office ? After 45 min of any cardio you would be drenched in sweat.
He needed the shower to freshen up to go out on the town, he was sleeping there, other people were sleeping there 😏 (although I'm sure if any such gossip was true, that was Eisner! no imputations to Iger's clean living 🙂) Chapek is the straitlaced country mouse.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
More details from THR - the September 30 date is just an initial deadline.

"Roberts reported that Sept. 30 will mark an initial deadline to set in motion Disney using a put option that would require the studio that owns the remaining two-thirds in Hulu to take over its minority stake. “As of Sept. 30, after some short period of time, Disney can call, we can put, and I believe that’s what will end up happening,” Roberts told the Goldman Sachs Communcacopia + Technology Conference during a session that was webcast about the Disney-Charter carriage dispute.

He also talked about the valuation for the Hulu stake, which would likely have a floor of just under $30 billion. “I think we are excited to get this resolved and the minimum of $27.5 billion, that was just a hypothetical we picked out five years. The company is way more valuable today than it was then,” Roberts said, while arguing Hulu and Netflix are “in a class by themselves.”

He added the put call to be triggered around 30 days after the start gun is fired on Sept. 30, but that both parties were appraising the value of the Hulu stake and more possible suitors may step forward. “That’s a scarce kingmaker asset,” Roberts said of the Hulu stake set to go up for auction."

This sounds like someone trying to argue for more trade in value for an old car.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd roll my eyes if it was an option.
I would too…

…if I could convince myself to unequivocally dismiss the idea that Bob is trying it to sell it no matter the cost in an effort to save his ego and the body part located half between his hairline and his toes on the posterior side

…but that wouldn’t be a wise idea

brb1006

CNBC's illustration of Chapek steering the wheel with Iger giving him directions just made my afternoon.
107294655-1693505852962-Dotcom_illustration-_Iger_vs_Chapek-_V4.jpg

These two scenes from Spongebob pretty much sums up Chapek's short-run as Disney's CEO

(2020- late 2022)

(Late November 2022 replace Mrs Puff as Iger and Spongebob as Chapek)

kingdead

I would too…

…if I could convince myself to unequivocally dismiss the idea that Bob is trying it to sell it no matter the cost in an effort to save his ego and the body part located half between his hairline and his toes on the posterior side

…but that wouldn’t be a wise idea
I don't even think it's about saving that particular body part. A sale to Apple would preserve the company with certain values that Iger probably does genuinely feel strongly about. Keep it out of the grubby hands of DeSantis types. (I'm sure it'll do wonders for Iger's personal fortune as well, but nobler purposes and all that!)

Of course, in reality a sale might not achieve these aims because business is business, but if there's anyone who knows "it's about the story you tell yourself" it would be Iger!

Lilofan

He needed the shower to freshen up to go out on the town, he was sleeping there, other people were sleeping there 😏 (although I'm sure if any such gossip was true, that was Eisner! no imputations to Iger's clean living 🙂) Chapek is the straitlaced country mouse.
Definitely uses executive bathroom to shave. Haven't seen a pic of Iger with a mustache or beard. Iger using the Mickey soap from the resorts?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Another data point on the D+ stuff- this seems like a need to juice the subscriber numbers over the next few months.

It’s a little odd the D+ division is giving away this content for free they’re paying the other side of the house roughly $200M over the next week (TLM and Elemental streaming rights payoff) but things must be desperate.

As mentioned above:

1. All streamers (and just about every business) runs sales and discounts to drum up business.

2. This isn't just about subs, it's about subs signing up for the cheaper ad-supported tier. Since the ad supported tier brings in ad dollars, this isn't a huge loss for D+ (if any loss at all -- a sub at the ad-supported tier brings in more cash per household than the premium tier).

Thus, it's not desperation, but good marketing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom