News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The sources have to be close to the top to know the kinds of details included in the CNBC article. McCarthy? Arnold? I'm sure $lappie himself contributed a few things, along with Daniel. Anyone with a bone to pick with either Bob likely shared some dirt.

GimpYancIent

Dang the CNBC article today sounds just like what @Sirwalterraleigh and I have been saying. Iger was always to blame. Chapek was just the chosen puppet to take a fall during the hit knowing what was coming while Iger pulled the strings behind the scenes. It was all a setup basically to blame someone else.

Unfortunately for Bob, they are continuing the slide in the wrong direction and more fingers can point to him now
2019 when B.I. thought he was someone.
1694026627823.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dang the CNBC article today sounds just like what @Sirwalterraleigh and I have been saying. Iger was always to blame. Chapek was just the chosen puppet to take a fall during the hit knowing what was coming while Iger pulled the strings behind the scenes. It was all a setup basically to blame someone else.

Unfortunately for Bob, they are continuing the slide in the wrong direction and more fingers can point to him now
I don’t know who you or that person is…but you both are lying l!!!

I had a magical trip to port orleans in 2015…with free dining at le cellier and magical express!!!
…therefore Bob is great

Liars!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The sources have to be close to the top to know the kinds of details included in the CNBC article. McCarthy? Arnold? I'm sure $lappie himself contributed a few things, along with Daniel. Anyone with a bone to pick with either Bob likely shared some dirt.
McCarthy for sure…Arnold was his accomplice…so did he double cross her too?
Very possible

The guys is a nut…y’all were put on notice long ago
LOL! Those were the days
…wishes, magic, dreams, wonder 🦄

tanc

So all those risky decisions have come back to bite Iger. Sort of amazing to me that Disney is still letting him be CEO. I think anyone can agree that the Fox purchase was a huge mistake. $71 billion, and for what? Like there's practically no films or new experiences that have come from it except Avatar.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So all those risky decisions have come back to bite Iger. Sort of amazing to me that Disney is still letting him be CEO. I think anyone can agree that the Fox purchase was a huge mistake. $71 billion, and for what? Like there's practically no films or new experiences that have come from it except Avatar.
He appoints his own board…which is a failure of corporate governance

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think anyone can agree that the Fox purchase was a huge mistake. $71 billion, and for what? Like there's practically no films or new experiences that have come from it except Avatar.
I mean that's not entirely true. The Simpsons is a huge driver and retainer of Disney+ subscribers, particularly in international markets. FX on Hulu is consistently putting out some of the best shows anywhere. There's Fox's 1/3 share of Hulu itself. The X-Men are lurking in the background ready to revitalize the MCU whenever they decide to pull the trigger.

Yeah, Iger overpaid for Fox, but he did get SOME assets of real value besides just Avatar.

SuddenStorm

I mean that's not entirely true. The Simpsons is a huge driver and retainer of Disney+ subscribers, particularly in international markets. FX on Hulu is consistently putting out some of the best shows anywhere. There's Fox's 1/3 share of Hulu itself. The X-Men are lurking in the background ready to revitalize the MCU whenever they decide to pull the trigger.

Yeah, Iger overpaid for Fox, but he did get SOME assets of real value besides just Avatar.

Not to mention the huge library of classic films, which they can license for streaming, sell physical copies of, etc.

And, purchasing it kept it out of the hands of a competitor.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Yeah…they’d never do that over again…he got suckered by Brian

I think that tells the tape tale

Surferboy567

I mean, if some top brass did provide some "information" to the writer can we really believe it? I am sure lots of people have bone to pick with Iger going against Chapek's structure of the company. Loosing their comfy positions, I am not saying it's untrue but their are two sides to every story.

Nubs70

I could be wrong, but I believe Disney already does this internally.
They can do this now with internal transfer payments in order to shuffle money between business units. Transfer payments can be either inflated or discounted depending on which business unit needs help to look good.

Splitting into separate companies would require transfer payments at realistic market values. This would bring transparency to the operating costs of each company but remove accounting "flexibility"

MagicHappens1971

They can do this now with internal transfer payments in order to shuffle money between business units. Transfer payments can be either inflated or discounted depending on which business unit needs help to look good.

Splitting into separate companies would require transfer payments at realistic market values. This would bring transparency to the operating costs of each company but remove accounting "flexibiliry"
Yeah, all I was saying is that I do believe Disney currently does this. DPEP/WDI “pays” Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar, etc for the “rights” to “their characters”.

Someone with more insider info would probably have a better/clearer explanation but I’m pretty sure they do this at present.

Similarly to how D+ pays the studios for their films.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I mean, if some top brass did provide some "information" to the writer can we really believe it? I am sure lots of people have bone to pick with Iger going against Chapek's structure of the company. Loosing their comfy positions, I am not saying it's untrue but their are two sides to every story.
Several people involved have nothing to lose anymore.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, all I was saying is that I do believe Disney currently does this. DPEP/WDI “pays” Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar, etc for the “rights” to “their characters”.

Someone with more insider info would probably have a better/clearer explanation but I’m pretty sure they do this at present.

Similarly to how D+ pays the studios for their films.
It’s an intellectually false…but legally allowed thing to do.

A shell game.

Welcome to Los Estados Unidos

Vegas Disney Fan

I agree, I think the reason behind the purchase was for Hulu, not Fox, probably would have made more sense on paper to just buy Hulu. That said, there’s a lot of untapped potential.

It feels odd they haven’t done anything with Fox, or it’s huge catalog, beyond using The Simpsons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom