News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Lilofan

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
"As I reflect on the immense progress right to the bottom we've made this year we sure did loose a lot of money in studios and streaming and look ahead to the many opportunities Kathleen Kennedy you're our only hope before us, I'm grateful to all of you - the people of this great company - that I didn't have laid off for the tremendous work you do each and every day to ensure we continue delivering incredible entertainment yeah that's how we'll spin it for our audiences who aren't showing up, guests who aren't showing up, and fans all over the world who we have ticked off because we don't know how to create quality entertainment anymore."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"As I reflect on the immense progress right to the bottom we've made this year we sure did loose a lot of money in studios and streaming and look ahead to the many opportunities before us, I'm grateful to all of you - the people of this great company - that I didn't have laid off for the tremendous work you do each and every day to ensure we continue delivering incredible entertainment for our audiences who aren't showing up, guests who aren't showing up, and fans all over the world who we have ticked off because we don't know how to create quality entertainment anymore."

There is catastrophic core damage to almost all their divisions…and I bet the DCL wake up and wise up to what’s happening to them too…due to management mistakes

And Napoleon Bob directed, oversaw and/or hired every single person that made them.

Every.
Single.
One.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On another note: Disney stock has begun its progressive slide again…

Markets are up due to blistering cyber Monday sales…

…they should have released a movie last week to capitalism on that 😎

monothingie

Premium Member
There is catastrophic core damage to almost all their divisions…and I bet the DCL wake up and wise up to what’s happening to them too…

And Napoleon Bob directed, oversaw and/or hired every single person that made them.

Every.
Single.
One.
They're going to keep pushing and pushing the Domestic Parks and DCL to squeeze every last cent out to cary everything else that's failing in the company. It's unsustainable. The domestic parks are already taking a lot of damage because of this, and DCL heading right down the same path.

Nothing is changing, they're continuing to churn out $200M+ stinkers like Ashoka, Strange World, Wish, Indy, The Marvels, She Hulk, Secret Invasion, Haunted Mansion, Elemental, Ant Man, etc. There's no reflection and correction on these complete failures.

They're still investing in Chinese Parks that won't ever offer the return they were promised, and could be snatched away by the ChiComs at any moment.

The company by its own admission has dug itself into a hole by becoming part of the culture wars. It has lost the ability to entertain the masses and it's lost the trust of half their domestic audience. You don't get out of this continuing what you've been already doing or by doubling down it.

Unless of course your CEO's ego matters most.

todd23

There is catastrophic core damage to almost all their divisions…and I bet the DCL wake up and wise up to what’s happening to them too…due to management mistakes

Every.
Single.
One.
What are the management issues with DCL? I thought it was being run well and doing a good job financially. Perhaps I'm mistaken?

Jambo Dad

The only commonality they share is that they both exist on the Internet and they stream. Their business models are completely different.

Except, with very only a couple of exceptions (baby Yoda),the integration with segments such as merchandise, leisure travel, etc. have not succeeded. This may change over time, but the need to book a trip to WDW and experience GOTG at Epcot because someone saw the last movie is not a reality.

You sound like a someone making a sales pitch. The problem for your position is that none of what you're describing has happened. D+ Subscriptions are flat, merchandise sales for the latest Pixar, Disney Animation, MCU, and Star Wars releases are non-existent or flopped. The failure is compounded by the fact that everything coming out of Disney has a $200M+ price tag on it.

Using The Marvels, add another $150M for marketing and you need this film to bring in $800M gross at the Box office to break even. It won't even make a 1/4 of that at the Box office, how can you reasonably expect merch, Streaming, or whatever to make up that difference? We can do the same for Indy 5, that film needed to make $1B just to break even. Elemental needed $750M, Lighyear needed $600M, Antman needed $750M. All tentpole franchises that under no circumstances could deliver the necessary return even if every possible piece of segment integration was firing perfectly.

Want to do DTC original content? Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, Andor, Secret Invasion, Ashoka, and Loki all had budgets well over $200M, do you think Disney got the return on that they were expecting considering they were amongst the lowest rated D+ originals ever?

On paper it sounds like a surefire winner. In reality it has been a failure because the level of segment integration is a pipe dream. Disney certainly has not helped this by completely bungling so much in their different divisions which "should" have been capitalizing on this, but are not capable of or don't know how to do it.
No need for me to write anything / this post hits all the points very well. Only thing I will add - throw in Disneys ongoing deliberate effort to create crappy woke content and you get literally billions of lost top line they will never get. As well - people don’t have any transaction costs to killing their subscriptions - there will never be enough content on any DTC service that will induce a subscriber not cancel the service periodically for part of each year to save money. There is no downside.

monothingie

Premium Member
Just checked. They're still there.
Ms Marvel season 2??
money smoke up GIF by L.I.F.T

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom