News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

brodie999

TheMaxRebo

Given the size and scope of the Disney company, this is for the best if not ideal.

People here will scream, but it's smart business given the circumstances.
In a vacuum I don't mind the move ... But they really need to figure out what the plan is post-Iger

lazyboy97o

I like the idea of a pair. A creative and a finance person, type thing. Doubt they'd go for it... but alas.
I disagree with the concept of a duo. The company is so big I’m not sure it makes sense to have a central creative who is trying to manage everything when certain things have different needs. You want a different creative philosophy at the different marques.

It really should be a strong business focused person who is not under any illusions of being a creative but has genuine respect for them. Someone who can properly delegate and trust those with the experience of their fields.

SirLink

Microsoft was cleared to buy ABK. Money solves problems.
FTC took MS to court, Judge made a decision no SLC was to be found and blocked a request for an injunction. A bigger question would be would Apple want to be fully commited in the Movie and Theme park business I doubt it. Considering Apple are ready to launch their boondoggle of a VR headset

TalkingHead

Excerpt from THR story:
IMG_2397.jpeg

Nice raise considering the way things are going.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Nubs70

Really - I don't think the FTC would allow Apple to purchase Disney - not without some significant divestures first. ESPN - maybe even shutting down Disney+ and Hulu and absorbing them into AppleTV...
Strategic Alternatives just entered the DIS lexicon yesterday with Star India. Are more Strategic Alternatives to come?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom