News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's the full memo Bob Iger sent out to the company.

Dear Fellow Employees,

I want to thank you for your tremendous dedication, patience, and optimism as we’ve taken important steps to reposition the company for enduring creative and financial success. Since my return to Disney just seven months ago, I’ve examined virtually every facet of our businesses to fully understand the tremendous opportunities before us, as well as the challenges we face on numerous fronts.

We’ve made important and sometimes difficult decisions to address some existing structural and efficiency issues, and I’m proud of what we’ve been able to achieve together. But there is more to accomplish before this transformative work is complete, and I am committed to seeing this through.

To that end, I’m writing to share that I have agreed to the Disney Board’s request to remain CEO for an additional two years – through the end of 2026.

As I’ve said many times since we began this important transformation of the company, our progress will not be linear as we continue navigating a difficult economic environment and the tectonic shifts occurring in our industry. This is a moment that requires us to remain steadfast, strategic, and clear-eyed about the road ahead.

It is also important to me that Disney is strongly positioned when my successor takes the helm. As the Board continues to evaluate a highly qualified slate of internal and external candidates, I remain intensely focused on a successful CEO transition.

Through it all, I am unwaveringly optimistic about Disney’s future. I believe in this company. I believe in the leadership team I have around me. And I believe in you – our spectacular employees and Cast Members. It’s an honor to work alongside you as we chart Disney’s path forward together, and I look forward to all that we will continue to achieve over the coming years.

Thank you for all you do,
Bob

SirLink

First thing you need to do to get out of the hole is stop digging. They just got some gray shovels thrown in there.

Bob Chapek is on a beach somewhere smiling right now.
I think the Board take all their life lessons from The Simpsons:
season 5 GIF

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Here's the full memo Bob Iger sent out to the company.

Dear Fellow Employees,

I want to thank you for your tremendous dedication, patience, and optimism as we’ve taken important steps to reposition the company for enduring creative and financial success. Since my return to Disney just seven months ago, I’ve examined virtually every facet of our businesses to fully understand the tremendous opportunities before us, as well as the challenges we face on numerous fronts.

We’ve made important and sometimes difficult decisions to address some existing structural and efficiency issues, and I’m proud of what we’ve been able to achieve together. But there is more to accomplish before this transformative work is complete, and I am committed to seeing this through.

To that end, I’m writing to share that I have agreed to the Disney Board’s request to remain CEO for an additional two years – through the end of 2026.

As I’ve said many times since we began this important transformation of the company, our progress will not be linear as we continue navigating a difficult economic environment and the tectonic shifts occurring in our industry. This is a moment that requires us to remain steadfast, strategic, and clear-eyed about the road ahead.

It is also important to me that Disney is strongly positioned when my successor takes the helm. As the Board continues to evaluate a highly qualified slate of internal and external candidates, I remain intensely focused on a successful CEO transition.

Through it all, I am unwaveringly optimistic about Disney’s future. I believe in this company. I believe in the leadership team I have around me. And I believe in you – our spectacular employees and Cast Members. It’s an honor to work alongside you as we chart Disney’s path forward together, and I look forward to all that we will continue to achieve over the coming years.

Thank you for all you do,
Bob
Translation:

I have no idea what I’m doing and a lot of you are going to get laid off.

Robbiem

I be curious if this move makes it more likely Iger will try to sell TWDC company to Apple. Some analysts have expected the company to be sold within the same time frame as Igers now remaining tenure.
I could see this playing out. After Fox there aren’t really any bigger deals Iger can do to grow WDC so the biggest deal he could do is selling WDC perfect ego play.

Apple has the cash but would they pony up? Disney plus and the studios could complement apple tv and the IPs can be used for various things but would they want to start running theme parks, comics and TV networks?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I could see this playing out. After Fox there aren’t really any bigger deals Iger can do to grow WDC so the biggest deal he could do is selling WDC perfect ego play.

Apple has the cash but would they pony up? Disney plus and the studios could complement apple tv and the IPs can be used for various things but would they want to start running theme parks, comics and TV networks?
At this point why not. Merge Apple TV in with Hulu and D+ and fund the parks and introduce new cool apple tech within

Apple Magic Band Watches for all.
Only $299

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom