News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I guess the tv spot tomorrow morning just got more interesting. It’s probably gonna be mostly celebration talk now being extended and how he’s gonna “fix” everything. No worries. lol

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s amazing that they haven’t been able to find a single qualified candidate to replace him over the last decade, Disney is absolutely screwed if Iger gets sick or has an accident, imagine being a company that can only be ran by one person (who isn’t getting any younger).
They never looked for a damn second

This is 20 years ago on steroids

wishiwere@wdw

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned… but, 7 pages lol. IMO, it’s extended simply so he can finish the sale of the company (and likely not even finish out this new term).

Obviously, I hope I’m wrong but all of the signs are there and for shareholders, I’m not sure what other means they have to get out of this mess as things really aren’t good.

Again, I hope I’m wrong. But I guess we’ll all find out in the coming months.

Casper Gutman

I really dislike Iger as CEO and have wanted him gone for well over a decade.

But…

This contract extension is almost certainly the best-case scenario in the present Wall Street and entertainment industry environment.

DavidD

I think this is a smart move given everything that is going on. It makes no sense to bring someone in from the outside into a very complex restructuring, and there are no ideal internal candidates.
If you want to believe what the Wall street Journal and several news companies have speculated on, Disney will probably be sold within the next three years. Apple appears to be the front runner to acquire Disney. It makes sense to keep Iger as CEO until a purchase is finalized. Iger has a solid relationship with the powers at Apple and would be the person most likely to make this deal. No need to search for a new CEO, as I'm sure Apple would want all the input as to who would lead the "Disney division" of Apple.

rio

I haven’t had any respect for the man since he turned tail just before COVID shut everything down and let Chapek implement and follow through on the main bad ideas he had. Disney needs someone else at the top, preferably a duo creative/business guy that can keep each other in check.

Casper Gutman

If you want to believe what the Wall street Journal and several news companies have speculated on, Disney will probably be sold within the next three years. Apple appears to be the front runner to acquire Disney. It makes sense to keep Iger as CEO until a purchase is finalized. Iger has a solid relationship with the powers at Apple and would be the person most likely to make this deal. No need to search for a new CEO, as I'm sure Apple would want all the input as to who would lead the "Disney division" of Apple.
Which news companies?

Lilofan

Actually, NYC investment bank Needham & Co. predicts that TWDC will be sold in three years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom