News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

UNCgolf

While I don't think Apple would be interested in buying Disney (at least not all of Disney) anyways, their stock is also tanking right now due to news from China, although it could rebound quickly.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

While I don't think Apple would be interested in buying Disney (at least not all of Disney) anyways, their stock is also tanking right now due to news from China, although it could rebound quickly.
I wonder if they’re approaching the point it makes more sense to buy them and sell off the parts?

Disneys market value is down to about $150 billion, if you could pick them up and sell off ABC for $20 billion, Fox for $20 billion, ESPN for $20 billion, Hulu for $20 billion, etc, etc you could hypothetically pick up the parks for probably $50-60 billion, with their current park profits of about $6 billion a year they’re nearing the 7 year return on investment range most investors want.

I have no idea what any of the parts are actually worth, just throwing out the idea.

UNCgolf

I wonder if they’re approaching the point it makes more sense to buy them and sell off the parts?

Disneys market value is down to about $150 billion, if you could pick them up and sell off ABC for $20 billion, Fox for $20 billion, ESPN for $20 billion, Hulu for $20 billion, etc, etc you could hypothetically pick up the parks for probably $50-60 billion, with their current park profits of about $6 billion a year they’re nearing the 7 year return on investment range most investors want.

I have no idea what any of the parts are actually worth, just throwing out the idea.

I actually think the theme parks are the last thing Apple would want from Disney. The studios and ESPN would help them with Apple TV, but the parks/resorts would involve expanding into a entirely new kind of business. It's obviously a profitable one, but it's also one with a completely different set of risks -- and it's not like Apple is hurting for profits. I don't really see why they'd want to take on that risk.

JoeCamel

Would Apple want to be known as the company that killed Disney?

Vegas Disney Fan

I actually think the theme parks are the last thing Apple would want from Disney. The studios and ESPN would help them with Apple TV, but the parks/resorts would involve expanding into an entirely new kind of business. It's obviously a profitable one, but it's also one with a completely different set of risks -- and it's not like Apple is hurting for profits. I don't really see why they'd want to take on that risk.
I wasn’t talking about Apple specifically, just a potential buyer.

Your post highlights the potential for selling parts though, Apple may have no interest in the whole company but may be the party willing to buy ESPN, ABC, Fox, etc. Universal or Oriental Land Co probably wouldn’t want the media side but may want just the parks.

kingdead

I wasn’t talking about Apple specifically, just a potential buyer.

Your post highlights the potential for selling parts though, Apple may have no interest in the whole company but may be the party willing to buy ESPN, ABC, Fox, etc. Universal or Oriental Land Co probably wouldn’t want the media side but may want just the parks.
Having the Disney catalog might be helpful, imagine if you could get parents to only access Disney through Apple products.

Nubs70

I actually think the theme parks are the last thing Apple would want from Disney. The studios and ESPN would help them with Apple TV, but the parks/resorts would involve expanding into a entirely new kind of business. It's obviously a profitable one, but it's also one with a completely different set of risks -- and it's not like Apple is hurting for profits. I don't really see why they'd want to take on that risk.
Would the Saudi sovereign wealth fund be interested in the parks?

Cliff

Nelson Peltz....where the Hell are you?

Disney is NOT affraid of their investors. They are NOT affraid of their customers either. There seems to be only one man on planet Earth that actually does scare them...Nelson Peltz. Why is that???

Help us Nelson Peltz....you're our only hope.

UNCgolf

Nelson Peltz....where the Hell are you?

Disney is NOT affraid of their investors. They are NOT affraid of their customers either. There seems to be only one man on planet Earth that actually does scare them...Nelson Peltz. Why is that???

Help us Nelson Peltz....you're our only hope.

I can pretty much guarantee you would not be happy if Nelson Peltz had the ability to do whatever he wanted to Disney.

Last edited:

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
If Disney was smart they would sell off a big chunk. Biggest buyer would be Apple for the pure content...

Apple would get...
Disney +
ESPN
Hulu
Fox

Disney would hold on to...
Picture Studios & Royalties
Theme Parks
Cruise Ships
Marvel
Starwars

And I would be more than fine with all this!

Cliff

I can pretty much guarantee you would not be happy if Nelson Peltz had the ability to do whatever he wanted to Disney.
Nelson Peltz wants Disney to make money and be profitable. There is only ONE way to accomplish that. Happy customers make Disney profitable. "Un-happy" customers will NOT make Disney money or give them profits.

Nelson Peltz demands that Disney do what it takes to make their customers HAPPY so that they consume MORE of Disney's products...which drives sales and makes Disney profitable.

Angry customers are NOT what Nelson Pelts wants...he want's the OPPOSITE of that. He wants HAPPY customers so that investors can make money the way Disney used to do when he became an investor.

Happy customers = Happy investors.
Angry customers = Angry investors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom