News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Epcot82Guy

I agree that this is the "only current viable option". But that itself identifies the problem. The "temporary return" was to get succession in place. So, the failure of that to happen in this time period shows the failure.

This is pure ego and failure of major corporate powers. But, that is far from a Disney-exclusive issue. And the product will suffer IMHO. But, as others have said, it's not surprising and likely the only thing the current board is willing to do.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’m seriously amazed at how many are happy and excited about this on social media.

Now I know there isn’t a successor right now so this unfortunately isn’t surprising given the circumstances, but…the issues Disney is facing right now he created so what makes so many think he’s going to fix them?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Screaming Sinking Ship GIF by South Park

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A couple things before any more of the Swiss guard convinces themselves this is “great” to consider:

1. An extension doesn’t mean immunity from firing. It’s quite the opposite. Now poor stock performance is 100% on him as a scapegoat to shareholders
2. You can see this is “the only move they could make” (false…but plausible)…without calling it a “good move”.
Those 2 statements are mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
I’m seriously amazed at how many are happy and excited about this on social media.

Now I know there isn’t a successor right now so this unfortunately isn’t surprising given the circumstances, but…the issues Disney is facing right now he created so what makes so many think he’s going to fix them?
First thing you need to do to get out of the hole is stop digging. They just got some gray shovels thrown in there.

Bob Chapek is on a beach somewhere smiling right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom