News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

el_super

This is all on IGER.

Not really.

I’m sure Apple is watching.. see if Disney can keep imploding and get to that 90-100 billion valuation.

To buy the company? And then do what?

Give writers and directors everything they are asking for to end the strike?
Increase the cost of Disney+ to cover the new production costs?
Build a time machine to make TV relevant again?
Outsource entertainment production to China?
Require Apple IDs to enter the park?

Disney Analyst

Asked genuinely, in hopes to make this conversation more constructive.

What could Disney do now, that would improve the stock value? What does Disney need to do asap, tomorrow, this month, to see gains?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

What could Disney do now, that would improve the stock value? What does Disney need to do asap, tomorrow, this month, to see gains?
What’s best for Disney…and all of us…is to watch it fall more and force a clean sweep of management and the board.

I hate to say it…but I’m also right.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I’m afraid they are too far off the cliff with the current management to turn the ship around unless they have some miracle major shift in strategy and direction on many things within the company asap.

Even if they did I’m not sure the trust is there anymore they will do it without stepping in it or doing something to make things worse…again

LSLS

Honestly I'm far from an expert. But, I'd say eliminating the strike is step 1. Movies are a mess because they are made so far in advance, but you need to figure out what you are missing in them that is causing you to lose money. You need to figure out why your budgets are running so much higher on projects than other places and reign them in while keeping your quality. You need to focus on quality, with all your products at this point. From the cleanliness of the parks to what plush toys look like, quality has significantly dipped. You need to do a handful of good will things to instill consumer confidence back. The parking fee elimination I think helped, so think of something along those lines. And I think you need to find an added value to Disney Plus. You have things most other companies do NOT have that are in the streaming business. Find a way to use that as an asset. Things like D+ exclusive merch, or extra park hours/events, free park hopper addition to tickets with a year membership, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With the negative stock trend and other issues could the point be close where the board will relieve the person at the helm of TWDC? Historically contract extensions are meaningless.
It is a possibility. The board won’t do it (shills)

But you hear the words “institutional investors” starting to creep into the financials…

Keep an eye on that
LOL.

This attack the mouse at all costs shtick is running on fumes.

The writing is on the wall.
Blind defense got you to this point…gonna double down until he’s literally thrown out onto the dopey doormat out front?

Last edited:

el_super

The writing is on the wall.

What writing? That the stock price is too low?

What on earth do you think can be done to increase the share price? What do you think a new CEO would do to increase shareholder value and return to regular dividends?

Spoiler alert: it's not anything you would want.

el_super

In the short term? Not a whole lot. They need to make sure D+ is profitable next year and make sure they are spending less on content and park expansion. That's pretty much what will help the share price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom