News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nice to know someone's reading my posts..

I would say the one area that we might see a *partial* merging of Disney with Apple is with regard to Apple+. With nearly limitless money, Apple can buy up all the sports rights and starve ESPN (and other sports channels).

And that is why we hear Iger looking for ESPN "partners" since Apple and Amazon could easily monopolize sports rights with nearly limitless cash.

If there is a buy out, it will be Apple or Amazon buying a significant chunk of ESPN.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

If Apple buys Disney and decides to keep the parks division, I think Apple buying Disney could have some very positive impacts to the parks, espically when you can implement Apple's tech expertise into ride vehicles and interactive interfaces. Plus, considering how much dough apple has in bank, any investment into the Disney parks will be a drop in the bucket for Apple, which means they can go full bore with adding new attractions to the parks and hopefully do it on much faster construction timelines.

Lilofan

If Apple buys Disney and decides to keep the parks division, I think Apple buying Disney could have some very positive impacts to the parks, espically when you can implement Apple's tech expertise into ride vehicles and interactive interfaces. Plus, considering how much dough apple has in bank, any investment into the Disney parks will be a drop in the bucket for Apple, which means they can go full bore with adding new attractions to the parks and hopefully do it on much faster construction timelines.
Apple worth $3T and growing, Disney worth $120B.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Someone check on the BoD, there may be a lot of heart palpitations right now.

1692889642704.png

That's a new 52-week low. And $8/share lower than when Bob torpedoed $lappie because "the Board" thought he was a better choice to lead the company due to "difficult times of transition".

Tha Realest

View attachment 739041

That's a new 52-week low. And $8/share lower than when Bob torpedoed $lappie because "the Board" thought he was a better choice to lead the company due to "difficult times of transition".

TheDisneyParksfanC8

View attachment 739041

Ouch. At this point further action needs to be taken. How long will it be before we start to see assets like ABC and ESPN spun off?

MR.Dis

Well I have been reading the forum regarding the Reedy Creek mess. Iger better win that law suite as it may be the only thing positive that happens in his second term lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom