News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Basil of Baker Street

OH Bob........

I simply asked Chat GPT to create a Disney CEO job posting.
Now we wait on applicants.

Job Posting: CEO of Disney

Position:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

Salary: Negotiable (Will accept gold doubloons, magic beans, or just pure imagination)

Benefits:

• Unlimited FastPasses (including the Haunted Mansion—if you dare).
  • Complimentary Mickey ears in every color.
  • Free churros and Dole Whips (all you can eat, really).
  • Genie at your beck and call (no wishing for more wishes).
  • Annual trips to the happiest places on Earth (Paris, Tokyo, or even Space Mountain).
Job Summary:Are you the kind of person who sees Hakuna Matata as a viable business strategy? Do you believe in the power of dreams, even if it means chasing them down with a net and a bucket of pixie dust? Then you might just be the visionary leader we're looking for to helm the most magical company in the world!

As the CEO of Disney, you'll be responsible for making all of our dreams (and stock prices) come true. You'll need to navigate the boardroom as smoothly as Aladdin on his magic carpet and bring as much charm and diplomacy as Cinderella at the royal ball. Be prepared to answer tough questions from our investors—like why Elsa is still so cool after all these years.

Key Responsibilities:

• Lead with the wisdom of Rafiki, the bravery of Mulan, and the charisma of Jack Sparrow.
  • Strategically deploy Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the gang for maximum fun and profit.
  • Ensure all theme parks are truly the happiest places on Earth (including keeping the churro prices just right).
  • Oversee the creation of heartwarming tales that make people laugh, cry, and queue for hours.
  • Mediate disputes between rival characters (Donald and Goofy have been at it for years).
Qualifications:

• Must have at least 10 years of experience in herding cats (or at least dwarfs).
  • A master’s degree in Dreamology, or equivalent experience as a Disney Princess or Villain.
  • Proven track record of turning pumpkins into carriages or water into wine (that’s a different story, but still cool).
  • Ability to understand and speak fluent “Duck” and “Mouse.”
  • Willingness to sign autographs for children, fans, and the occasional fairy godmother.
Preferred Skills:

• Familiarity with fairy tales, fables, and talking animals.
  • Experience handling enchanted objects and unpredictable genies.
  • Strong command over catchy musical numbers (singing is a plus, but not required).
Application Process:Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a video of you singing your favorite Disney song while riding a rollercoaster. Bonus points if you do it in a full costume.

Disney is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, whether you’re a mermaid, beast, or someone who just really loves theme parks.

Remember: At Disney, it’s not just a small world—it’s a magical one! Apply today, and let’s see where this storybook leads!

TsWade2

But, he's not wrong, you know! He makes a solid point. If you guys want Disney to go bankrupt, well that ain't happening! Look, Disney not a perfect company, even during Walt's era, but cheering for Disney to fail or go bankrupt is unnecessary. Besides, Disney is a business company whether we like it or not. Sure, I don't always agree with Bob Iger, but I know he's doing his best to fix the company. I'm very nervous on who should be the next CEO of Disney, but I hope he and she is good. You can wish Disney going bankrupt wherever you want, but in reality, that's not going to happen. :rolleyes:

Lilofan

After some time passes. And when the Iger fanbois are no longer relevant. Books will be written and classes will be taught that will highlight things not to do unless you want to completely destroy and implode a brand. Most of the subject material will focus on Robert A Iger.

Well done, Bob.
It has been discussed and written in other parts how ruthless , heartless , tyrant to drive their staff to succeed or quit or be fired to achieve excellence and beyond in companies called Apple and Tesla. I’m sure these type of CEO personalities are not described on how to be a successful exec but for these guys Steve Jobs and Elon Musk their leadership style finds success.

JoeCamel

But, he's not wrong, you know! He makes a solid point. If you guys want Disney to go bankrupt, well that ain't happening! Look, Disney not a perfect company, even during Walt's era, but cheering for Disney to fail or go bankrupt is unnecessary. Besides, Disney is a business company whether we like it or not. Sure, I don't always agree with Bob Iger, but I know he's doing his best to fix the company. I'm very nervous on who should be the next CEO of Disney, but I hope he and she is good. You can wish Disney going bankrupt wherever you want, but in reality, that's not going to happen. :rolleyes:
Bob is trying to fix the company??
Bob is the one that led the company to this point......
Bob ain't going to fix nothin'

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
It has been discussed and written in other parts how ruthless , heartless , tyrant to drive their staff to succeed or quit or be fired to achieve excellence and beyond in companies called Apple and Tesla. I’m sure these type of CEO personalities are not described on how to be a successful exec but for these guys Steve Jobs and Elon Musk their leadership style finds success.

Ruthless, heartless, tyrannical. That I can understand.

Iger has made decisions that have completely divided and alienated the fan base.

Made other decisions without listening to what the fan base wanted.

And yet others because he felt we would eventually come around.

Driving with a whip to achieve maximum profitability for the shareholders, I completely get. Agreeing or disagreeing with this managerial style is not relevant for this discussion.

But you know what is? A 2 night $5k stay at a LARP hotel where people are asked to role play in a storyline nobody gives a flying fig about. Even though the persistent commentary about SWGE was that people wanted more OT. So of course, Bob gave them something else.

TrainsOfDisney

But you know what is? A 2 night $5k stay at a LARP hotel where people are asked to role play in a storyline nobody gives a flying fig about. Even though the persistent commentary about SWGE was that people wanted more OT. So of course, Bob gave them something else.
It took incredible talent to come up with a plan for a Star Wars Hotel to be such a disaster that it completely closed in less than 5 years. Think about that - Disney Quest lasted for for 16 years haha.

MR.Dis

You and Seymour Duck miss the point. No one on these forums wants Disney to fail. Most are big time fans and want the best. What is seen is a stagnation in the US parks. Not going to itemize the issues, easy enough to go thru this forum to read them. One of the big things Mr Duck does not mention is the 25% inflation in the last 4 years--is revenue and income up 25% in that time period?--Or even close?? Finally, let us all stop comparing Disney to Universal. Disney has always been the GOAT, so why should they be compared to second best. We should be comparing Disney to Disney--to its best measure of what it should be.

el_super

One of the big things Mr Duck does not mention is the 25% inflation in the last 4 years--is revenue and income up 25% in that time period?--Or even close??

In 2019, Parks Revenue was $26.2B. In 2023, it was $32.5B. Up 24%
In 2019, Parks Income was $6.7B. In 2023, it was $8.9B. Up 32%.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nobody wants to see Disney bankrupt…they want to see it under new management before ego boy does something stupid like sell it off/break it up to try and save face in a last ditch attempt.

And who let the idiot who doesn’t comprehend economics in today?

MR.Dis

In 2019, Parks Revenue was $26.2B. In 2023, it was $32.5B. Up 24%
In 2019, Parks Income was $6.7B. In 2023, it was $8.9B. Up 32%.
That is nice, but were talking about TOTAL revenue for Disney Corp, not just the parks. That is why the stock price is not keeping up with the rest market. Always love when some one takes one segment of the whole to make their point.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That is nice, but were talking about TOTAL revenue for Disney Corp, not just the parks. That is why the stock price is not keeping up with the rest market. Always love when some one takes one segment of the whole to make their point.
How has practically every other company faired in the era of corporate price gouging with government support?

Hmmm…not too bad in comparison, eh?

Lilofan

Nobody wants to see Disney bankrupt…they want to see it under new management before ego boy does something stupid like sell it off/break it up to try and save face in a last ditch attempt.

And who let the idiot who doesn’t comprehend economics in today?
If successful visionaries , Elon Musk or Steve Jobs ran Disney , some would run for the hills, get fired or produce to make a successful product. Who is to say parts won’t get broken up. Let us be real. Everything can be bought for a price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom