News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Doesn’t raising the price and creating bundles get much closer to -
You can opt to not go for a bundle but just a more specific service.

Also, unlike cable, you can easily sub and unsub.

Also, unlike cable, you have a giant repertoire of library content to watch as one sees fit.

Also, unlike cable, new shows can be watched at one's leisure, and not have to schedule a watch time for one's favorite shows.

Also, unlike cable (mostly), you can choose an ad-free premium service.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Doesn’t raising the price and creating bundles get much closer to -
Yes, and the writing was always on the wall that it would happen. If you were the type who thought you would have $7 netflix and get everything you wanted forever you were living head in sand.

The reason bundling is happening is the same as in the generation before...
Ads were always coming back...
And prices were going to climb as streaming became the sole distribution channel for content.. instead of being able to live on recycled scraps.

The content needs to be paid for by someone... and the more you fracture the audience, the more that will have to be paid for by the viewers instead of the advertisers.

The cheap streaming services were able to exist for the very fact they were the alternative, second hand avenue. When they are the exclusive or primary avenue... they gotta support the weight of the industry and studios too.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Actually it doesn’t…. If the audience doesn’t find the value they will not pay for the content.
Producing films is not a 'try before you buy' product. Production companies don't work on a consignment basis.

The content is paid for even if your self-centered customer mind says "I'm not going to pay for that" - Someone already did.. and that company is charging prices accordingly.

I find your comment pointless.

BrianLo

This is why I’m so much more bullish on streaming than everyone else. It’s the classic park maneuver and these services are finally starting to approach the pricing they always should have been.

Now I will say it’s interesting the ad tiers are also going up.

Given this announcement - I think we can expect forward guidance on the next few years of steaming, finally tomorrow (during their earnings report)

BrianLo

<Returns dizzy>

The options and pricing are overwhelming and certain combos seem to be non-existent.

With the real lack of pricing movement on the Duo options, I feel like Fall 2025’s change is the final elimination of D+ and Hulu as actual separate products. It’s kind of silly not to buy Duo outside of maybe a mono D+ premium at this juncture.

TrainsOfDisney

It’s kind of silly not to buy Duo outside of maybe a mono D+ premium at this juncture.
$159 for a year vs. $240 is a significant difference.

Why don’t they have a yearly duo for like $189 of $199? Even then I don’t think I’d see the value - Hulu doesn’t have much for me that I can’t get out of a 1 month free trial every now and then.

BrianLo

$159 for a year vs. $240 is a significant difference.

Why don’t they have a yearly duo for like $189 of $199? Even then I don’t think I’d see the value - Hulu doesn’t have much for me that I can’t get out of a 1 month free trial every now and then.

I wasn’t looking at the yearly pricing, fair enough. Just the one dollar difference a month. The integration is inevitable though, the rest of the world already is.

TrainsOfDisney

Pricing convergence, gotta boil the frogs slowly. Eventually you’ll be sold that there “wasn’t” a price increase and Hulu is now free with D+.

Complete with a best friends forever Deadpool/Wolverine campaign. If they know what they are doing.
Is the goal for everything to be under the Disney+ brand or is the goal for Disney to be within the Hulu brand?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom