News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another streaming price increase coming October 17, 2024:

Screenshot-2024-08-06-at-12.23.59 PM-1200x520.png

Last edited:

LSLS

The bundle is nearing my cancel point, I enjoy it but they don’t have enough content to justify $20 a month. I struggle to justify paying that for Netflix and I watch Netflix twice as often.
Same. We do adds, and I know it's just an extra dollar for the duo bundle, but there is a point where it's not worth it. What's really interesting is I don't see the trio bundle. There is absolutely 0 chance I will pay an extra $12 a month to watch hockey this fall.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What happened to the trio bundle (D+, Hulu, ESPN+)?

Investigating...

<Returns dizzy>

The options and pricing are overwhelming and certain combos seem to be non-existent.

And then there are the combos with a MAX bundle. (WBD)

And then you can add (for a price) Paramount+ and/or Starz (Lionsgate).

Still sifting...

Vegas Disney Fan

Same. We do adds, and I know it's just an extra dollar for the duo bundle, but there is a point where it's not worth it. What's really interesting is I don't see the trio bundle. There is absolutely 0 chance I will pay an extra $12 a month to watch hockey this fall.
The NHL is the only reason I have the bundle
With Hulu and ESPN+, I enjoy only murders in the building but it alone doesn’t justify paying extra for Hulu.

Happy to see it’s still offered but it’s not worth $27 a month. Guess I’m back to just watching the local and nationally televised games.

TrainsOfDisney

the streaming is becoming just like the parks, too confusing and too many Up-charges.

Rather than advertising all they can offer - they have all these confusing bundles offered as up-charges.

The ads / no ads is just like lighting lane in the parks…. Charge extra for something that used to be included!

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
The only way streaming will be as or more profitable than linear is to return to the price that was linear. Price is the reason viewers shed linear.

Does anyone see a paradox here?

Price plus lack of choice is why people dropped linear. People felt they were being charged for what they didn't want and had little say to control the product bought. So price+lack of choice

People flocked to smaller, but multiple, content providers because they got to CHOSE what they spent money on. People will pay for what they like... they resist paying for what they don't feel they don't want/need.

The consolidation and price increases were always coming... for the same reasons they happened in linear. The niche product isn't sustainable on its own.. they gotta bundle to make it work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom