News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well that’s the height of irony…from
Panama Jack, apparently?

They really don’t like nelly. It’s understandable.

The problem is they’re here because they didn’t listen to the lessons of Roy. They left the core philosophy and it’s made them vulnerable

Create from within…never devalue your customers

Iger, Inc has been the opposite.

Lilofan

Panama Jack, apparently?

The problem is they’re here because they didn’t listen to the lessons of Roy. They left the core philosophy and it’s made them vulnerable

Wonder who else is going to come out of the woodwork to support Iger...

Dranth

Panama Jack, apparently?

This one surprised me at first but it made sense once I stopped to think about it and frankly, fits with what we have been seeing. Basically, most all the players who have any real knowledge of how an entertainment company works are supporting Iger. The ones who are supporting Peltz either want revenge (Jay and Perlmutter) or are 100% stock focused with no real inside knowledge on how a company like this should run.

Tha Realest

From another interview:
1711204048295.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This one surprised me at first but it made sense once I stopped to think about it and frankly, fits with what we have been seeing. Basically, most all the players who have any real knowledge of how an entertainment company works are supporting Iger. The ones who are supporting Peltz either want revenge (Jay and Perlmutter) or are 100% stock focused with no real inside knowledge on how a company like this should run.

Not because he’s good

Eisner never liked Iger due to his lack of creative expertise

It’s just the lesser of two weevils in a scenario Iger has created

Dranth

Not because he’s good

Eisner never liked Iger due to his lack of creative expertise

It’s just the lesser of two weevils in a scenario Iger has created
Oh, I don't mistake his support for approval. I doubt Eisner would care much of it was someone other than a corporate raider but this is important enough to the company, which he does care about, to speak up.

I'm sure he won't shed many tears when Iger is replaced.

MR.Dis

Let's see: Eisner supports Iger as does the Disney grandkids, widow of Steve Jobs, and George Lucas. You have to wonder if this will end up being a blow out win for Iger.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wonder who else is going to come out of the woodwork to support Iger...
It’s the ISS backing of Peltz that got Eisner to talk

He still has a pretty hefty stake and the old guard - and Eisner is it at this point - doesn’t want them broken up.

Very ironic. For all his flaws - Eisner loves Disney. Roy drug him through the mud (and he deserved most of it)…but he’s still loyal to the idea.

Bob loves Bob

Glad I can spell it out for everyone. 😈

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I agree with all of this…but again - it is not being run well.

What is Bob doing? Sequels…jacking prices…and slashing costs. Yet ANOTHER “reorganization” - about his fifth - that smoke to cover mass layoffs.

The status quo ain’t working…option 3 is the smart play. It’s just hard to get to it with megamind holding on in perpetuity.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let's see: Eisner supports Iger as does the Disney grandkids, widow of Steve Jobs, and George Lucas. You have to wonder if this will end up being a blow out win for Iger.
There’s no mystery…it’s ego driven

But as far as the margin of win…it might be tighter than you think.

This isn’t about fans…this is about institutional investors. They’ve seen all their bets go way up for 4 years straight…except Disney which is languishing in 2016 territory. Still.

They may see a single seat as a fair compromise? State street, vanguard and black rock are very unlikely to care much what Abigail Disney says

tanc

" Don’t leave magic to people who only understand it as dollars and cents."

Oh, so you mean Bob Iger and Bob Chapek? Don't want Peltz either, we just need a new CEO who I hope can push more original ideas in the parks. In 50 years, will Avatar have the staying power of all the classic Disney attractions? That's my main concern, is will people be riding Flight of Pandora 50 years later?

Disstevefan1

Iger will cruise to an easy win. All the Disneyparks except WDW should be thankful as they all will be getting nice additions.

As for WDW, the most we can expect is more DVCs…..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom