News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You don’t know what you are talking about which is why you don’t realize that you accused Disney of falsifying records. Paying contractors to file multiple notices of commencement and doing nothing is falsifying records. It’s also not “Imagineering busywork” because it involved multiple other entities who get paid based on doing construction work that you claim didn’t happen.
BS, dude…you must have zero experience in capital construction.

That makes one of us

Projects are canceled all the time and it’s not a crime. Nothing Is ironclad

And you’re doing this “crime” bit for dramatic effect

Whoever is feeding you this nonsense from that cute little office behind mission space (I assume it’s still there?)…needs to take a night class in contract law.

lazyboy97o

BS, dude…you must have zero experience in capital construction.

That makes one of us

Projects are canceled all the time and it’s not a crime. Nothing Is ironclad

And you’re doing this “crime” bit for dramatic effect

Whoever is feeding you this nonsense from that cute little office behind mission space (I assume it’s still there?)…needs to take a night class in contract law.
You can’t even keep up with your claims. You claimed nothing was done and was never intended to be done. Filing paperwork to make it look like something is being done when nothing is being done is what would make it a crime. But you’ll just spin again and again every time you’re bill is called out for the lies that they are.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The real takeaway from their recommendation is they are against the current board member due to her failures in the CEO nomination committee. They're basically pointing out the boards failure and saying the board needs new folks.. and (controversially or not) they believe Peltz can contribute more than Lagomasino. Everything else, they are basically for Iger and DIS's position.

It's not far from my earlier complaints about the board after the coup... the problem has been an ineffective board. But I don't think Peltz is the solution to that.
And who on that board is opposed to succession directives?

This is the same, tired play

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can’t even keep up with your claims. You claimed nothing was done and was never intended to be done. Filing paperwork to make it look like something is being done when nothing is being done is what would make it a crime. But you’ll just spin again and again every time you’re bill is called out for the lies that they are.
Ohhhh…I see now

Demolition was done if I recall?

And then they yanked it. Are you looking for credit for storyboards?

Congratulations…they’ll never be seen again. Impact to the audience and world = zero

Throw it into the box with thunder Mesa

Didn’t you say that people wouldn’t be happy if things were done yesterday?

Of course they will!
This is the problem: a quest for participation trophies. Nobody cares

WoundedDreamer

Oh look, an entity not associated with Disney for decades nor was part of a multibillion acquisition has weighed in on the proxy battle:

This is... wow. I'm stunned. Peltz might just pull this off. Wow. This is the most devastating piece of news to come out on this campaign. Obviously, the group was trying to be kind to Iger (by praising him and rejecting Rasulo), but this is seismic. Peltz could end up with 40%+ of the vote.

In the same way I expressed kudos to Iger for securing Lucas's backing, this is a huge win for Peltz. Whatever Peltz did to secure this approval was well worth it. This is madness.

Dranth

Funny…I thought the important part was highlighting the 2020 debaucle and how it lines up directly in causation and instability from 1984 and 2003?
I never said anything about what was most important, I said it was funny even they thought Jay was a bad idea.

As for their recommendation, they are making the argument that Peltz is a better choice compared to Maria Lagomasino for optics and to help make sure 2020 doesn't happen again. They are basically hedging.

In their own words:

“Dissident nominee Peltz, as a significant shareholder, could be additive to the succession process, providing assurance to other investors that the board is properly engaged this time around,” the report continued. “He could also help evaluate future capital allocation decisions. Moreover, multi-year concerns surrounding Lagomasino’s role as a compensation committee member strengthen the case that Peltz’s addition, on balance, would appear a net positive.”

I bolded the parts that jumped out at me.

That first one is the real winner here. That is about as weak an endorsement as I have ever heard.

He might be okay? Sweet, problems solved everyone. We've been told that it is conceivable a guy who wasn't around before could maybe, possibly, in some cases, prevent something from happening!

I'll admit this is a me thing and will gladly eat crow if I am wrong, but I tend to have a little more faith in people learning from first time mistakes (not second, sorry if you do it a second time you are on your own) and that is what the 2020 succession was, a first time mistake for those board members. With that experience, I don't believe they will let something that messy happen again and even that article points out that ISS agrees saying they think the board has already improved.

The second part I highlighted because it is exactly what a lot of us DON'T want from a Peltz addition. Disney needs to be investing in the parks right now, significantly. From a fans point of view, I don't want anyone near the decision-making process who is advocating to cut that back.

To be fair, in the most generous interpretation of both this and Peltz own words we could say maybe he won't want to advocate for cutting any spending, just spend it better but that would be ignoring his long, well established track record on the hope he will do it differently this time. Sounds like the worse bet to me so, until he provides details on where and how much he would invest I can only assume he wants to cut spending to increase shareholder value which makes him a worse choice than the existing members.

I'd love an actual good alternative here but so far none have presented themselves.

Stripes

Dang, I've taken many trips to Walt Disney World. And I've been to Disneyland too! Maybe I should be on the Disney board. 🤣
She also got married at Walt Disney World. Visited every Disney park around the world prior to becoming a board member. Has been on 5 Disney cruises. And has two DVC memberships. And again, she used to work at WDI.

She served in senior leadership positions at Microsoft and Meta and graduated from Harvard Business School.

I think if you have those credentials you might want to throw your hat in the ring 😉

WoundedDreamer

Its not people disagreeing. It's a steadfast refusal to offer evidence or to engage with offered evidence. Even then, I don't think most folks who disagree with me are stupid or evil. I've argued with guys like Penguin for YEARS. I've said some sharp things to him I wish I hadn't. I never thought he was stupid or evil. I don't think Vegas is stupid or evil... I don't even think RALEIGH is stupid or evil.

As to this post... take this post. Raleigh alluded to the incredible circumstances surrounding the production of Panther. No reasonable observer expected it to come close to its predecessor. You know this.
Let's see...

In the last few pages of the thread I've seen you:
1) Insinuate someone admires sexual abuse
2) Insinuate individuals are secretly here to spread regressive beliefs
3) Argue that individuals here need to "inform" themselves (because if they did "inform" themselves they would inevitably agree with you)
4) State that I "project my fantasies on Peltz"- implying I'm deluded

You've expressed your disdain for multiple posters. I find many of your points intriguing (even if I think they're wrong!). Personally, I think there's a level of contempt in your posts that is not warranted. I can tell I aggravate you. Fair enough.

WoundedDreamer

She also got married at Walt Disney World. Visited every Disney park around the world prior to becoming a board member. Has been on 5 Disney cruises. And has two DVC memberships. And again, she used to work at WDI.

She served in senior leadership positions at Microsoft and Meta and graduated from Harvard Business School.

I think if you have those credentials you might want to throw your hat in the ring 😉
She's got me beat by one resort... SMH. Disneyland Paris someday!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh look, an entity not associated with Disney for decades nor was part of a multibillion acquisition has weighed in on the proxy battle:

"We recommend Peltz for the board to make sure Iger is replaced, you know, Iger, who is the right person at the right time, but it's essential he's replaced."

"We recommend Peltz so he can influence the board to do the right things... the right things we're not going to specify, nor has he specified (except not to spend money on the parks unless you can show a ROI), BUT... we don't recommend his partner, Rasulo, leaving Peltz with almost zero influence on the board that we want him to influence."

Genius!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom