News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You didn’t answer who the filing of fake government records (a crime) benefited.
Government records?

You mean construction permits? Or sec docs that can be revised whenever?

I’m not disputing those at all…I’m saying if the plan was to proceed only “if, buts, candy and nuts” worked out…then it was just a placeholder…not a serious project that was a priority.

peter11435

So if we have a pattern of announcements with no intent to complete - sorry “cancellations” - what exactly do you call it? It’s not the money…and it’s surely not the lack of need…
That’s the problem. You still think (incorrectly) that the company had no intent to complete the project when they announced it. You’ve convinced yourself of something that isn’t true.

Tha Realest

lazyboy97o

Government records?

You mean construction permits? Or sec docs that can be revised whenever?

I’m not disputing those at all…I’m saying if the plan was to proceed only “if, buts, candy and nuts” worked out…then it was just a placeholder…not a serious project that was a priority.
I already said which documents. You didn’t read or don’t understand their significance so you continue on unable to explain them away.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s the problem. You still think (incorrectly) that the company had no intent to complete the project when they announced it. You’ve convinced yourself of something that isn’t true.
The “problem” is they still have a half deconstructed pavilion in a park that struggles to keep people happy and occupied

And their “intent” wasn’t strong enough, was it?

“The company”…that’s rich.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh look, an entity not associated with Disney for decades nor was part of a multibillion acquisition has weighed in on the proxy battle:

That was the other big one they were waiting on…

And explains why Bob was trying to flood the zone

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nope. Try again! But paying people to waste time isn’t usually a good cost savings strategy.
I went back to look for the secret “weenie”

It’s not there…even I don’t accuse them of falsifying records. Just not being committed to announced projects. It’s been happening.

And I never agree with “imagineering busywork”…but they’ve been doing that for decades as well. Minor cost to keep the dreamers happy. It’s a management tactic pre-dating Bob

I thought you had been around awhile? 🤔

Dranth

Oh look, an entity not associated with Disney for decades nor was part of a multibillion acquisition has weighed in on the proxy battle:

Interesting logic they use considering Peltz track record of under performing. The Peltz recommendation aside, the part I found the most entertaining was that even they wouldn't touch Jay Rasulo.

Tha Realest

Interesting logic they use considering Peltz track record of under performing. The Peltz recommendation aside, the part I found the most entertaining was that even they wouldn't touch Jay Rasulo.
He has actual, real experience with theme parks - he’d be a unicorn on that board.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Funny…I thought the important part was highlighting the 2020 debaucle and how it lines up directly in causation and instability from 1984 and 2003?

lazyboy97o

I went back to look for the secret “weenie”

It’s not there…even I don’t accuse them of falsifying records. Just not being committed to announced projects. It’s been happening.

And I never agree with “imagineering busywork”…but they’ve been doing that for decades as well. Minor cost to keep the dreamers happy. It’s a management tactic pre-dating Bob

I thought you had been around awhile? 🤔
You don’t know what you are talking about which is why you don’t realize that you accused Disney of falsifying records. Paying contractors to file multiple notices of commencement and doing nothing is falsifying records. It’s also not “Imagineering busywork” because it involved multiple other entities who get paid based on doing construction work that you claim didn’t happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, we have seen what he can do which is why everyone, including ISS don't want him.

And he hated every minute of it. Are you endorsing the view that Walt Disney World doesn’t need more attractions and Disney should focus on building more off site DVC?
I don’t like Jay…

But you both know the P&R head always takes the bullets

Look higher in the tree for the vulture

Tha Realest

And he hated every minute of it. Are you endorsing the view that Walt Disney World doesn’t need more attractions and Disney should focus on building more off site DVC?
I’m not endorsing anyone. Just pointing out he has far more experience (not good or bad, but experience) in a core competency for the company that most of the board completely lacks.

But maybe that’s by design?

flynnibus

Premium Member

The real takeaway from their recommendation is they are against the current board member due to her failures in the CEO nomination committee. They're basically pointing out the boards failure and saying the board needs new folks.. and (controversially or not) they believe Peltz can contribute more than Lagomasino. Everything else, they are basically for Iger and DIS's position.

It's not far from my earlier complaints about the board after the coup... the problem has been an ineffective board. But I don't think Peltz is the solution to that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom