News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger was lurking and could not wait to get the throne back. I get it. My statement is that if Chapek had just been competent, Iger would never of had the opportunity to resurrect himself like the Phoenix. The mistake was allowing Iger to keep his private office where he could more easily manipulate events, Machiavellian at its finest. My only hope is that whoever takes over, the biggest demand is that Iger is forever banned from Disney Offices- period no exceptions.
Normally I’d agree…but the second Sue Arnold “retired” from the board immediately after the coup…the game was up

Only strengthened when Daniel and McCarthy were bagged
That’s a coup.

To paraphrase Holmes: “whatever facts remain…however unlikely…must be the truth”

MR.Dis

Normally I’d agree…but the second Sue Arnold “retired” from the board immediately after the coup…the game was up

Only strengthened when Daniel and McCarthy were bagged
That’s a coup.

To paraphrase Holmes: “whatever facts remain…however unlikely…must be the truth”
In my post above I was going to use the word coup, but since Iger never really left did not feel it really fit. That is why I came up with Machiavellian--just though it was a better description

Disstevefan1

Let us not forget that if Iger didn't screw up his disappearing act, we'd still have Watto running the parks and refusing new investment. Silver (haired) lining
Well, we are not so sure about any new investments into the parks, anything significant I mean.

Iger talks a lot because he knows talk is cheap.

Maybe Iger will react when Universal's EPIC is a huge success.

Tha Realest

We get it, you don’t like Bob Iger. No need to post it multiple times per day, every day.
What’s not to like?

1706296226209.png

1706296280559.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some of us don't determine how much we like Disney based solely on its stock price. Just like we don't all decide what we think about a movie based on its box office revenues.
Their movie studios are in shambles

Their stream doesn’t make money

They have nothing in the parks of note coming - which means they are decaying

How was the play otherwise, Mrs. Lincoln?

_caleb

What’s funny is it takes usually an hour or so for someone to make some ridiculous, illogical excuse or statement about Iger in several threads. Without fail.

I’ll give you the rope…and inevitably you’ll end up hanging

Bob Iger does NOT represent the soul of Disney…separate the two and you can be a better fan. I promise.
Who's making excuses for Bob Iger?

I have no idea what you mean about giving me the rope, but I've never seen anyone here claim anything even remotely like "Bob Iger represents the soul of Disney."

I'm not sure how to measure being a "better fan," but if it entails "endless bitter complaining about Bob Iger all day every day," I'm not interested.

_caleb

They’re movie studios are in shambles

Their stream doesn’t make money

They have nothing in the parks of note coming - which means they are decaying

How was the play otherwise, Mrs. Lincoln?
The studios are making movies, and I've enjoyed a good number of them (even some that didn't do well at the box office).

I subscribe to Disney+ and Hulu, and watch them regularly. I find them to be the best streaming platforms out there no matter how much money they make/cost the Company.

I love spending time in the parks. I consider it a real treat to get to visit even if there's nothing new, and I'm happy to be there whether attendance is up or down.

I don't think it's healthy to post Iger hate posts all day every day, but I guess I'm just not smart enough to connect all the dots and see how badly he's ruined my life or something.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The studios are making movies, and I've enjoyed a good number of them (even some that didn't do well at the box office).

I subscribe to Disney+ and Hulu, and watch them regularly. I find them to be the best streaming platforms out there no matter how much money they make/cost the Company.

I love spending time in the parks. I consider it a real treat to get to visit even if there's nothing new, and I'm happy to be there whether attendance is up or down.

I don't think it's healthy to post Iger hate posts all day every day, but I guess I'm just not smart enough to connect all the dots and see how badly he's ruined my life or something.
it’s great and all you like their movies and streaming platforms as they continue to negatively impact the overall bottom line and stock price, but what you have to understand is all of that takes away from the parks you enjoy. Even if you don’t care if they build anything new, what about quality of what they have or had going down and costs going up to offset the other failing parts of the company? The parks are the money printing machine but they aren’t restocking the paper

Lilofan

Iger was lurking and could not wait to get the throne back. I get it. My statement is that if Chapek had just been competent, Iger would never of had the opportunity to resurrect himself like the Phoenix. The mistake was allowing Iger to keep his private office where he could more easily manipulate events, Machiavellian at its finest. My only hope is that whoever takes over, the biggest demand is that Iger is forever banned from Disney Offices- period no exceptions.
Iger along with many others who made accomplishments will get a window named after him. He will be there for the festivities . Eisner got a window but its at DLP park.

Lilofan

Some of us don't determine how much we like Disney based solely on its stock price. Just like we don't all decide what we think about a movie based on its box office revenues.
I still love watching Chariots of Fire ( best picture Oscar 1981) a movie many never have heard of.

_caleb

it’s great and all you like their movies and streaming platforms as they continue to negatively impact the overall bottom line and stock price, but what you have to understand is all of that takes away from the parks you enjoy. Even if you don’t care if they build anything new, what about quality of what they have or had going down and costs going up to offset all the failing parts of the company?
I don't think it does take away from the parks I enjoy. In my experience, quality at Disney's parks has always gone up and down over the years. I haven't sees a tremendous crash in my parks experience during the Disney Studios transition from linear/box office to Direct-to-Consumer. CMs are mostly awesome. Prices are WAY up (so I go less), but that's true of everything these days. Some new stuff I don't care for (Genie+), other stuff I think is great.

In the end, I think "poor box office means the parks are nickel-and-diming us" would be an overly simplistic take that seems to ignore the historical ups and downs.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don't think it does take away from the parks I enjoy. In my experience, quality at Disney's parks has always gone up and down over the years. I haven't sees a tremendous crash in my parks experience during the Disney Studios transition from linear/box office to Direct-to-Consumer. CMs are mostly awesome. Prices are WAY up (so I go less), but that's true of everything these days. Some new stuff I don't care for (Genie+), other stuff I think is great.

In the end, I think "poor box office means the parks are nickel-and-diming us" would be an overly simplistic take that seems to ignore the historical ups and downs.
yeah I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. Did you ever think that maybe part of the reason they haven’t greenlit big expansion projects in the parks yet and have teased us with just drawings for 2 years now is because other parts of the company are bleeding and at the end of the day it comes down to money?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom