News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Ouch, baby

newly-returned-disney-ceo-bob-iger-is-cutting-7000-jobs-and-reorganizing-the-company.jpg

UNCgolf

We got D+ free through Verizon and I cancelled it. We can now get it free as Spectrum customers ~ still not interested.

Yeah, the Spectrum thing is new -- as of this month, I think. I also now have Disney+ included with my Spectrum subscription.

I was planning to subscribe to it for a single month to watch the new season of Loki and Guardians 3, but now I don't have to.

Vegas Disney Fan

As a subscriber, I'd say that there is barely enough new content I care about to make it worth-while to me at the ridiculously discounted rate I'm paying now and this is far from a new thing.

Most of what my son watches isn't new and we have it on bluray. We're just lazy…

This describes us also, most of our D+ viewing is older movies and shows, most I also own on Blu-ray, it’s just easier to watch them on D+.

The convenience, plus the new stuff we do watch, is well worth $10 a month to us, the risk to Disney is that convenience has a price ceiling, bump D+ to $20 a month and we’ll dig out the Blu-ray’s again.

Ayla

Meanwhile Disney+ in Canada is full of so much content thanks to Star. It’s probably our most watched Streamer.

Currently binging Futurama, still need to catch up on Abbot Elementary, haven’t started Echo yet, but will soon. Lots to watch and catch up on.
I'd say about 50% of my viewing is streaming from Max, the other 50% is traditional cable.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is a terrible take even for you.

YouTube’s algo doesn’t determine what type of content people like and then create it.

It just figures out what you like and suggests appropriate content.

Disney has to create the content.

Completely different from YouTube.
This is a terrible retort.

Even for you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, the Spectrum thing is new -- as of this month, I think. I also now have Disney+ included with my Spectrum subscription.

I was planning to subscribe to it for a single month to watch the new season of Loki and Guardians 3, but now I don't have to.
But all that money they make off you…I figure that viewing of guardians makes Bob at least $350 a pop…cha-chinnnnngggg
This describes us also, most of our D+ viewing is older movies and shows, most I also own on Blu-ray, it’s just easier to watch them on D+.

The convenience, plus the new stuff we do watch, is well worth $10 a month to us, the risk to Disney is that convenience has a price ceiling, bump D+ to $20 a month and we’ll dig out the Blu-ray’s again.
I think that’s the problem the dusters won’t hear…that they need higher fees and ads to make money…without mass exodus

Try threading that needle traveling at Mach 1

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m mostly surprised by how little I use Netflix now. There are few series I’m invested in on there now. All the good stuff is long over, and new series get cancelled so often it’s hard to get invested.
And why I keep saying the content is gonna the streams…they will burn through audience interest without huge reinvestments. It’s never gonna be “cheaper” to run. Ever

Trauma

This is a terrible retort.

Even for you.
I deserve the snarky comeback because my insult was inappropriate.

I’m sorry.

I will however stand by my comment that Youtube and D+ are not even close to the same product.

Just because an Algo makes YouTube successful doesn’t mean it will help D+.

Vegas Disney Fan

I'd say about 50% of my viewing is streaming from Max, the other 50% is traditional cable.
I’d say 75% of my tv viewing is YouTube, probably 10% cable (mostly sports), and the other 15% split between D+, Hulu, Prime, and Netflix.

My GF is probably close to 50% traditional cable still though, she loves the Hallmark channels and the Great America Family Channel. Christmas movies playing year round is not uncommon when she has the remote.

UNCgolf

I’m mostly surprised by how little I use Netflix now. There are few series I’m invested in on there now. All the good stuff is long over, and new series get cancelled so often it’s hard to get invested.

Yeah, I should probably cancel Netflix. I don't think I've watched anything on it months. I could just resubscribe whenever the last Stranger Things season is released, which probably won't be until next year.

I mostly watch Peacock now (which still isn't very often) because of Parks & Rec and to a lesser extent the Office. Perfect for the background while doing other things.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I deserve the snarky comeback because my insult was not appropriate.

I’m sorry.

I will however stand by my comment that Youtube and D+ and not even close to the same product.

Just because an Algo makes YouTube successful doesn’t mean it will help D+.
I forgive.

OMG... did we just become best friends!!!

;)

The algorithm has issues as I've mentioned, for new content.

But when it comes to sequels? The algorithm is king.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom