News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So they need to be prepared for the inevitable churn of binging and purging, and the fact that their subscriber numbers aren't going to increase much beyond what they have now. There isn't a damn thing on D+ that's worth a yearly subscription for and doing the usual Bob thing (price increase after price increase) isn't going to work for more than a year. You could subscribe for a month, binge what's come out over the last 4-6 months, and do the same thing 6 months down the road and miss nothing. No matter what all their datamining tells them, things aren't making any buzz like with first-season Mando.

How many people would pay to subscribe if they didn't get either D+ or the bundle included in a cell phone plan? 40%? 50%? 60%? I know it's the old "get'em hooked on the free stuff, then they'll want to pay" theory, but there's just no compelling, on-going value proposition for D+, at least in my house. And I can't imagine we're unique in that regard. Even though they are being reduced now to "$10/month add-ons" it still leaves a lot of revenue on the table, and also represents a lot of potential loss of revenue if/when subscribers change plans and decide that even at $10/month the bundle isn't worth it.

Disney has drifted into the weeds with a lot of their TV/movie releases, not to mention their atrocious marketing, over the last 18 months. Whether or not they have someone capable of steering around them back onto the pavement remains to be seen.
Bob’s plan to save D+

“Let’s put Dancing with the Stars on there….that’ll make everyone want it!”

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
As mentioned here…the problem with D+ is they don’t really add any content to make you want to keep putting it on.

4-5 mini seasons of mostly BAD marvel and Star Wars shows…no original dramas or comedies…which get the most engagement from their competitors…

It’s a beautiful interface…the best in stream…but that window dressing doesn’t matter
I thought Echo was a comedy? Maybe to the tens of people that actually watched it?

Trauma

As mentioned here…the problem with D+ is they don’t really add any content to make you want to keep putting it on.

4-5 mini seasons of mostly BAD marvel and Star Wars shows…no original dramas or comedies…which get the most engagement from their competitors…

It’s a beautiful interface…the best in stream…but that window dressing doesn’t matter
Yeah the interface is great but that’s not what I’m paying for.

The easy to use interface just reminds me faster that there is nothing interesting to watch, time to click over to Netflix.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah the interface is great but that’s not what I’m paying for.

The easy to use interface just reminds me faster that there is nothing interesting to watch, time to click over to Netflix.
The other interface…still short on content…that rivals is Apple…

That would be the logical union

Maybe Bob sucking so bad that the stock falls so far that Tim Cook can buy him for a song?
If the fall continues…he won’t even have to bother to cut a PO for it 🤪

I see they’re up today…must be pump and dump Monday

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
The other interface…still short on content…that rivals is Apple…

That would be the logical union

Maybe Bob sucking so bad that the stock falls so far that Tim Cook can buy him for a song?
If the fall continues…he won’t even have to bother to cut a PO for it 🤪

I see they’re up today…must be pump and dump Monday
Stop it.
What Disney IP features a pig?
Also unrelated, is there a marketing tie in with a lipstick company anywhere?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
Stop it.
What Disney IP features a pig?
Also unrelated, is there a marketing tie in with a lipstick company anywhere?
1705951690002.png

Ayla

As a subscriber, I'd say that there is barely enough new content I care about to make it worth-while to me at the ridiculously discounted rate I'm paying now and this is far from a new thing.

If I was paying either the regular with ads or no ads tier prices, for as often as I fire it up to see what's new and then abandon the app to go look in a different one, I'd have a hard time justifying why I keep it rather than just wait for a full season of something I might want to watch drop and then binge my way through it in a month.

Most of what my son watches isn't new and we have it on bluray. We're just lazy but he has a game system in his room that can play blurays so making that switch wouldn't be hard and it's not like you really need D+ to see Bluey... Heck, there are other ways to get it where you don't have to wait as long for the new content and don't have missing episodes so if anything, D+ is a more convenient but crappier way to experience, even that.
We got D+ free through Verizon and I cancelled it. We can now get it free as Spectrum customers ~ still not interested.

JD80

No, the scenario was that the data would drive the development and I think that would leave the odd and special things that only resonate with some people out in the cold for lack of development funds because "the data indicates" dumbing down to the lowest common denominator offerings because they have to appeal to the widest audience and be acceptable to all.

A beige world for all if you will

Every company uses marketing data to help guide them in decisions. Any creative idea is market tested before large budgets are assigned to it. Good executives use the data properly others poorly when making decisions. This isn't a Disney only thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom