News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

lazyboy97o

Why does 2014 matter?
Because that’s at least when the still ongoing search for the next CEO began and Iger kept extending his term to search for a replacement. Then you contradicted yourself by claiming Chapek wasn’t chosen that far back when he had to be chosen pretty close to then in order for him to be the reason Staggs left.

If that’s actually true, that Chapek was chosen in 2015, then why lie again that it’ll all be done during this extension and not just lay out the actually needed 6-8 year process? Why not go ahead and name names and start the training process that will take more than another 2 years?

Mmoore29

I watched the interview and its the same ol’ Bob spouting rubbish that everything is well with parks and the movie studios.
Things ARE well. Iger isn't Eisner, and this isn't like 1999-2005 by a long shot. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with Disney at all, except Genie+/Lightning Lanes. These movies are great, these shows are great, these brands are vibrant and thriving. But the press thrives on spreading the Disney in disarray narrative, because they've been eager to make it so ever since 1995. Why? Because they are jealous and envious of Disney's success. The difference is that when they spread these reports back in '95/'96 when it wasn't true, Eisner took them to heart and MADE it true. Iger isn't like that. Heck, even Chapek, for his faults, didn't take things to THAT extent.

Let's not forget that even Eisner wasn't the company's darkest hour. That was between WWII and Disneyland, when Walt was still alive.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
LOL, that is quite the piece. They lost me at saying it's all the board, then really lost me when it said the debt is cause of the pandemic.
That is indeed an odd thing to say.

Perhaps he meant it in the sense that if it weren't for the pandemic, Disney would be $10B richer, which would make their debt only $33B instead of $43B.

(Just to put Disney's debt in perspective, Comcast's debt is $100B.)

Kamikaze

Because that’s at least when the still ongoing search for the next CEO began and Iger kept extending his term to search for a replacement. Then you contradicted yourself by claiming Chapek wasn’t chosen that far back when he had to be chosen pretty close to then in order for him to be the reason Staggs left.

If that’s actually true, that Chapek was chosen in 2015, then why lie again that it’ll all be done during this extension and not just lay out the actually needed 6-8 year process? Why not go ahead and name names and start the training process that will take more than another 2 years?
Staggs left because he wasn't guaranteed in writing the position when Iger left. Rasulo was the one told he wasn't getting the position. So by the time the choice was made (2020) the only available choice was Chapek.

Is that clearer for you?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sure let’s just ignore the 50 times you reminded me that Iger would be leaving at the end of his contract.

Just like you defended Failcruiser for 500 pages but in one post you did say it was kinda expensive so you knew it was going to fail all along.

With the track record you have had lately, if you told me the sun was going to rise tomorrow, I would kiss my Wife and Kids goodbye because the asteroid is coming.
Stop bullying me.

Kamikaze

Do you think there is no one out there that could possibly run Disney as “well” as Iger?
I do not think there are any candidates that have the requisite experience at this time. The only one I've seen named that has the corporate experience of a company this large (Tim Cook) wouldn't do it because its literally a step down from Apple to Disney.

lazyboy97o

Staggs left because he wasn't guaranteed in writing the position when Iger left. Rasulo was the one told he wasn't getting the position. So by the time the choice was made (2020) the only available choice was Chapek.

Is that clearer for you?
So Chapek was not moved around for training after being chosen like you previously claimed?

Kamikaze

So Chapek was not moved around for training after being chosen like you previously claimed?
... He was. I did not contradict that at all.

Being the only choice and being groomed for the position aren't mutually exclusive.

They also move around other high level CMs to get the same training/development. This isn't a thing unique to Chapek. Thats something thats happened for many years.

Kamikaze

And despite years to do so, Iger has not provided anyone with said experience.
But he did. The guy just failed.

If you look through the job histories of the higher ups that have come and gone, you see them moved into different divisions and jobs throughout their TWDC tenure. Staggs, Rasulo, Chapek, Ouimet, etc. This is the experience of working the different sectors of the company that the person should have. Saying that Iger didn't 'provide' people experience is just factually incorrect.

lazyboy97o

But he did. The guy just failed.
How? How was Chapek being in charge of consumer products and parks him being moved around and training in different areas of the company? Why was this not announced despite years of promises for a public succession plan? Why was he not made COO so he’d have a true top level role?

And since he failed to train properly the first time when given so many years, why should we expect success the second time?

Kamikaze

How? How was Chapek being in charge of consumer products and parks him being moved around and training in different areas of the company? Why was this not announced despite years of promises for a public succession plan? Why was he not made COO so he’d have a true top level role?

And since he failed to train properly the first time when given so many years, why should we expect success the second time?
What other sector would there be to run? He's not a creative so he's not going to run a studio...

Why are you stuck on him not being named COO?

Lilofan

Is that clearer for you?
Who knows if Kevin Mayer would have stayed if he was in the running for CEO. He left for greener pastures to be CEO of Tik Tok only to be fired 3 months into his new role.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom