News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

LSLS

That isn't what I said. Chapek was who they went with. He was the only choice left at the time. It was the wrong choice, obviously. So any 'searching' before that was wasted. It doesn't matter if it was 2014 or 2020.
Chapek is who they were forced to go with when Iger turn and ran as soon as he saw Covid coming. It's not like that was a succession plan. He was thrust there when Iger ran from what he thought would tank stock. And then Iger tried to keep his power while not having to take any blame if things go wrong. Heck, Iger has straight said he didn't think Chapek was a good pick, so he obviously wasn't in the plans for Iger. I have yet to see anything that makes me think there is searching going on by Iger. Heck, McCarthy's name came out (to the horror of most here), and she's canned like a month later.

SpectroMagician

So no Tom Staggs.... Well I do not see Disney recovering anytime soon then, as Iger (and of course Chapek) is one of the major reasons why they are doing so poorly right now.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I wonder how much it costs to buy into the franchise because we need a good old Disney Park as we once knew it again without Iger involved. I mean look at all the franchise Mr Softee trucks rolling around the neighborhoods it can’t be that hard right? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’re really going to try and claim Chapek was the plan in 2014?

If they need more than two years to train someone then they need someone now so that the training can begin.
Nobody serious thinks this…

Not rasulo either…maybe…just maybe Staggs

But none of them were “successors”…in order to have one - someone has to be willing to leave and the Sweater never considered that…not once.

Except that one tiny “incident” when his self preservation kicks in.

The board has been woefully derelict in its duties on succession. The guys 72…not 55. What happens if he crashes his yacht tomorrow? Put a “closed” sign up?

Come on…this is the real story

JD80

Vomit of the mouth. Earliest any major expansion could open at this point is 2026, but nothing is announced.

Expansion is not that only way to turbo charge growth. They've got a bunch of levers they can pull to get 10% increase in visitors which is mostly discounts etc.

If they wanted to anyway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger on CNBC - Huge optimism for Disney Parks and Resorts. We have opportunities to turbo-charge that growth.
That was the biggest pile of dung comment he’s probably EVER made.

Trying to build timeshares to sell to people for a park complex they are not investing even the minimum to not stagnant.

Park stagnation..standard in amusement. Doesn’t matter if it’s Disney or not. You don’t invent your own reality.

SamusAranX

Expansion is not that only way to turbo charge growth. They've got a bunch of levers they can pull to get 10% increase in visitors which is mostly discounts etc.

It's a reflection of the attitude they have had for years now; no matter what, people will buy the disney brand and show up to the parks. The majority of the problems with the parks can be traced to their stubborn refusal to expand.

SpectroMagician

It really is a shame that Tom Staggs was too good at his job that he overshined Iger and then Iger forced him out. Now we have a Disney that is failing and constantly putting out trash products and movies.

Lilofan

Iger on CNBC - Huge optimism for Disney Parks and Resorts. We have opportunities to turbo-charge that growth.
Iger was at times deceptive in his words , even the interviewer was grilling him on questions. Iger mentioned looking at “ cost structure reflective of business “. In plain English , looking at layoffs, restructuring , possible selling of assets, looking at part ownership of assets .

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
this trainwreck if he doesnt find a way to stop the bleeding will be taken over before his 3 years are up.. i kid but lest face it Iger has done nothing at all to show he is willing to find a true replacement
The market is still in “pre-recession”…they’re still just desperately hoping it never happens.

But there’s no way to control that. Some companies are still making a lot of money…those that peddle essential products or profit off debt.

Disposable entertainment products?
What is more vulnerable?
Nothing really.

eventually the stockholders will revolt. In fact…does anyone think Peltz had no institutional backing?
Iger cut a deal with him in 10 seconds.

Coincidence, huh?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger was at times deceptive in his words , even the interviewer was grilling him on questions. Iger mentioned looking at “ cost structure reflective of business “. In plain English , looking at layoffs, restructuring , possible selling of assets, looking at part ownership of assets .
Businessman lie every minute of everyday to control spin more than a sand wedge…

That’s the disconnect on Disney fan forums. There is no “big brother” to watch it.

The second biggest bank in the US just got caught lying and ripping people off on an institutional level this week…
Anyone with a badge notice? Took years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

10% is a BB gun aimed at a battleship

I’m still waiting for a semi-valid reason why their crowds are cut in half on the ground, timeshares aren’t selling and the hotel rooms don’t get sold as 20-35% off? Just everyone was “too busy” to book and go for 6 months?

…waiting…

Kamikaze

Chapek is who they went with after years of searching. That was after multiple extensions to continue searching. That time counts because every extension was the result of failure to complete the task, a serious of failures that culminated in Chapek. That same process is now occurring again with the expectation that this time it will yield different results.
Yes. And thats why rushing the decision for the sake of 'getting rid' of Iger is a horrendous idea.

There is a very, very limited pool of people in the world that can run a behemoth thats as large and diverse as TWDC. This isn't an easy find.

Kamikaze

Chapek is who they were forced to go with when Iger turn and ran as soon as he saw Covid coming. It's not like that was a succession plan. He was thrust there when Iger ran from what he thought would tank stock. And then Iger tried to keep his power while not having to take any blame if things go wrong. Heck, Iger has straight said he didn't think Chapek was a good pick, so he obviously wasn't in the plans for Iger. I have yet to see anything that makes me think there is searching going on by Iger. Heck, McCarthy's name came out (to the horror of most here), and she's canned like a month later.
Again, he was literally the only choice left. And Chapek WAS who Iger chose, thats why the other candidates left the company before that. Just because it wasn't announced publicly doesn't mean the decision wasn't made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom