The Universal Rumors thread

scoobygirl39541

i think it's good... we need more seuss rather than one dark ride, a trolley, and a few carnival-ish things. (Even though its a kids area)

I guess... I've never been much of a Seuss fan though. I'm sure it will be a great addition to that area, but its probably something I won't care to experience. I love the JP franchise and wish they would do something more with it. We'll see though, I could be a pleasantly surprised :)

HTF

I guess... I've never been much of a Seuss fan though. I'm sure it will be a great addition to that area, but its probably something I won't care to experience. I love the JP franchise and wish they would do something more with it. We'll see though, I could be a pleasantly surprised :)

I think it's safe to assume any JP expansion is on hold pending the success or failure of the next movie. As for Lorax and Crumpit, I will say their is a line divided in the sand on this one.

scoobygirl39541

I think it's safe to assume any JP expansion is on hold pending the success or failure of the next movie. As for Lorax and Crumpit, I will say their is a line divided in the sand on this one.

Thank you for the information!! Was a 4th JP officially confirmed? I've been hearing on and off talk of it for years now.

AswaySuller

Isn't the Grinch too seasonal?

Dr Seuss wasn't hugely popular in Europe before the 2000's movies and I think the Lorax did better than the Grinch did...

Those two things combined would make me think they'd rather go for Lorax than anything else. Not that I know anything of course just my logic...

Thrill Seeker

According to an inside source at Universal (mainenence guys) the actual timetable for Transformers/Potter, barring any setbacks:

Transformers: Summer 2013

Harry Potter: London: Late 2013 - Summer 2014.

I think the latter time for Potter seems more likely, but Transformers appears to be a lock for the Summer if all goes well.

JT3000

I've been hearing 2015 for full completion of Potter. I'll be surprised if it opens any earlier than late 2014.

stitch2008

I understand that Lorax has momentary popularity/merch potential, but there's no doubt in my mind that the Grinch is the more iconic of the two.

That's my current beef with Comcast management. Creative has a great idea for a Grinch roller coaster(if they can stop making Premier mad at them) for years now. But management is going oh the Lorax made more money and was more recent; you should do that instead. So they are pushing Creative to do a Lorax ride instead. It's not the first time I have heard of an issue like this since Comcast took over. And it's sad cause the Grinch coaster was supposed to be pretty darn good and Jim Carrey had said that he would come back and supply the voice for Grinch in the attraction. Now I fear it'll be another one of those great Universal concepts that are labeled as "Shoulda, Coulda, Didn't".:(

AswaySuller

Is grinch not too seasonal?
I know some people listen to Xmas music all year round but would it not feel weird for some people to be riding a xmas themed ride on their summer vacation?

Is there a grinch story not set at Xmas and/or am I the only one that thinks that will be an issue.

BigThunderMatt

Is grinch not too seasonal?
I know some people listen to Xmas music all year round but would it not feel weird for some people to be riding a xmas themed ride on their summer vacation?

Is there a grinch story not set at Xmas and/or am I the only one that thinks that will be an issue.

There was a Halloween TV special called Halloween Is Grinch Night. So he's not exclusively Christmas.

ctxak98

I love the idea of a new JP ride because its my favorite movie ever. I think if they choose one they should do the rollercoaster because if its an expedition it will most likely include AA dinosaurs and I don't want it to compete with dinosaur at AK...just my thought though

HTF

Late Summer / Early Fall 2013 on Transformers and Summer 2015 for the Grand Opening of Potter. Mix in an IOA attraction for Summer 2014 as well as a replacement for FFL and Springfield on top of it.

Also don't count out more upgrades to the Mummy, FJ, and I'm starting to hear rumbling coming from CITH as well.

afar28

Late Summer / Early Fall 2013 on Transformers and Summer 2015 for the Grand Opening of Potter. Mix in an IOA attraction for Summer 2014 as well as a replacement for FFL and Springfield on top of it.

Also don't count out more upgrades to the Mummy, FJ, and I'm starting to hear rumbling coming from CITH as well.
I'm sorry for asking, but what does CITH and FFL stand for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom