The Universal Rumors thread

disney fan 13

Original Poster
The only thing I know is that multiple slides will be relocated to the new waterpark and its budget will well exceed that of Aquatica. But then again who couldn't figure that out, they have been installing easily movable slides at WetnWild for years.

Any timetable's? (or budget)

djlaosc

It would be pretty amusing if they built a water park and included a recreation of Amity, with a beach replacing the ride.

Waterworld though? Blech.

I think it would help to appease some of the disgruntled Jaws ride fans, although probably the only way to do it would be to rebuild the ride (which would differentiate this waterpark from the others.) Can you imagine walking through the entrance and walking into Amity? Maybe they could have the Jaws photo-op from USF beside the wave pool, and have sharks around the lazy river like they have the statues at Blizzard Beach.

I've never seen Waterworld, so have no opinion on it, but I did know that they have the show in the Japan and Hollywood parks, so thought they might have the rights to it. No idea whether it would actually be a good theme or not.

What other water themed film rights do Universal have? (I was thinking that they could have named the ride you go down at WnW that records your speed "Back to the Future", but it wouldn't really fit if you were just using water films.)

scoobygirl39541

I think it would help to appease some of the disgruntled Jaws ride fans, although probably the only way to do it would be to rebuild the ride (which would differentiate this waterpark from the others.) Can you imagine walking through the entrance and walking into Amity? Maybe they could have the Jaws photo-op from USF beside the wave pool, and have sharks around the lazy river like they have the statues at Blizzard Beach.

I've never seen Waterworld, so have no opinion on it, but I did know that they have the show in the Japan and Hollywood parks, so thought they might have the rights to it. No idea whether it would actually be a good theme or not.

What other water themed film rights do Universal have? (I was thinking that they could have named the ride you go down at WnW that records your speed "Back to the Future", but it wouldn't really fit if you were just using water films.)

I would actually love this! I've never been to any of the FL water parks, but this alone would bring me to check out this one!! *still missing the classic ride*

bubbles1812

The only thing I know is that multiple slides will be relocated to the new waterpark and its budget will well exceed that of Aquatica. But then again who couldn't figure that out, they have been installing easily movable slides at WetnWild for years.

What was the budget of Aquatica? And what is Aquatica exactly? No surprised they'll be taking multiple slides from WetnWild. A lot of those are quite good. I'm ok with them taking some old as long as they provide some new. :) Those patents have got me really excited...and this is coming from a gal who isn't the biggest fan of water parks as a whole. I hope the theming is great too.

Love it, cranes been their for over a week btw. As for the scarab scene their does need to be some tweaking which will hopefully come in the final phase of the refurb. Until then just expect mods to projectors, some new cgi, lighting, and vehicle upgrades to include sound upgrades as well as leg ticklers.

What in the world are they doing in the JP area? I wasn't under the impression that JP was going to get anything new or that any refurbs were going to go on, at least at this moment in time anyways.

HTF

What was the budget of Aquatica? And what is Aquatica exactly? No surprised they'll be taking multiple slides from WetnWild. A lot of those are quite good. I'm ok with them taking some old as long as they provide some new. :) Those patents have got me really excited...and this is coming from a gal who isn't the biggest fan of water parks as a whole. I hope the theming is great too.

What in the world are they doing in the JP area? I wasn't under the impression that JP was going to get anything new or that any refurbs were going to go on, at least at this moment in time anyways.

Aquatica cost between 55-60 Million to build but remember they already owned the land. Aquatica is seaworld Orlando's 3rd gate and is a very immersive waterpark. While not on the level of say Blizzard Beach in the theming department it's still very well done. As for the crane, ehh it's nothing regarding any expansion plans.

bubbles1812

Aquatica cost between 55-60 Million to build but remember they already owned the land. Aquatica is seaworld Orlando's 3rd gate and is a very immersive waterpark. While not on the level of say Blizzard Beach in the theming department it's still very well done. As for the crane, ehh it's nothing regarding any expansion plans.

Gotcha. It's been quite a while since I've been to Sea World though I do intend to visit the next time I am there. Do you think that Universal's Park will be more immersive in theming along the lines of BB or closer to Aquatica? I would assume they'd have a bit more room in the budget for theming considering they don't have build every water slide they way they would have to if they were starting from the ground up.

cheezbat

I heard $60 million for Aquatica, and I thought that was on the rather cheap end for a full scale supposed themed waterpark.

In comparison, what was the price tag for Typhoon Lagoon? Blizzard Beach?

How much is Uni looking to spend on this waterpark? I'd assume 'anything less than $100 million wouldn't be enough to combat TL or BB.

disney fan 13

Original Poster
^Mainly just a good cleaning refurb. Though the likelihood of it happening since I posted the rumor has slimed considerably.

cheezbat

I'm really curious too...what upgrades and updates will ET and Terminator be seeing exactly? And when will we know more about Springfield?

And is Lorax a go for 2014?
What about the Fear Factor Live replacement?

disney fan 13

Original Poster
ET-General cleanup/tuneup of effects and AA's.
Terminator-3D upgrades.
Springfield- Still haven't heard anything besides a new restaurant and expanded store, though there may be more.
Lorax-Seems to be a go but things can change.
FFL-Haven't heard anything else.

AswaySuller

Aquatica blows, we get the Orlando flex ticket so can technically visit for free but I've only ever be once...

I would pick BB or TL over it any day. Aquatica was just a slightly nicer version of Knott's soak city!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom