The Universal Rumors thread

HTF

According to an inside source at Universal (mainenence guys) the actual timetable for Transformers/Potter, barring any setbacks:

Transformers: Summer 2013

Harry Potter: London: Late 2013 - Summer 2014.

I think the latter time for Potter seems more likely, but Transformers appears to be a lock for the Summer if all goes well.

Not to call your sources wrong but if anyone in maintenance knew anything about Transformers I assure you their at the top of the pecking order. And remember its not wise to call out sources with Universal's investigators hard at work fixing leaks. You dont want to get anyone in trouble as some of your resident insiders have already found out. Finally to add to it the only clue they would have is when they get sent to Hollywood for training which may not even happen with Spidey next door. The lifts are the only thing that may force some on the job training with such a tight opening window.

Long story short Universal Maitenance = Disney Bus Driver

Oh and it sounds like FFL may be pushed back due to Springfield and their will not be a repeat of the Hollywood facade in Orlando for those who for some reason are still thinking that.

HTF

Hey insiders, I heard on another site that there is a 1.5B-10 year plan for the resort, is there anything to this?

It's legit, that guy has great sources. Pretty crazy to think even after the changes and rushed construction schedule Transformers won't break 55 million. With this type of money though it has to be purposed for land expansion as well as adding a third gate like an on site waterpark. I would also expect major employee services changes as well.

wiigirl

Most likely. The outside should be significantly different, however.

I hope they give it a little upgrade...
75.gif

HTF

Just FYI, a staffer on another board is stating overnight work to Revenge of the Mummy has been underway since close. This should be upgrades to the Treasure Room projector and the finishing touch on the launch projector they have been tinkering with. I expect all to be completed on this round with the turntable being saved for last as an exact fix is still being figured.

disney fan 13

Original Poster
IMO, I think just turning off all the lights and projections in the turntable room would make that room 10 times better. (Think about it, hearing the Mummy's voice and feeling that your turning then heading upwards before being launched into the projection of the Mummy... It would be pretty thrilling)

HTF

They need to do something about the scarab scene. It's way too bright and ruins the effect.

In other news, we have another crane. This one in Jurassic Park.
http://www.orlandoparksnews.blogspot.ca/2012/10/crane-spotted-inside-jurassic-park-at.html

Love it, cranes been their for over a week btw. As for the scarab scene their does need to be some tweaking which will hopefully come in the final phase of the refurb. Until then just expect mods to projectors, some new cgi, lighting, and vehicle upgrades to include sound upgrades as well as leg ticklers.

HTF

The only thing I know is that multiple slides will be relocated to the new waterpark and its budget will well exceed that of Aquatica. But then again who couldn't figure that out, they have been installing easily movable slides at WetnWild for years.

djlaosc

The only thing I know is that multiple slides will be relocated to the new waterpark and its budget will well exceed that of Aquatica. But then again who couldn't figure that out, they have been installing easily movable slides at WetnWild for years.

So, I guess that they would be closing Wet 'n' Wild?

If it has a good budget, is there any chance that it could be "water film" themed? (Jaws, Waterworld, etc.)

It has been said for years that they were installing easily moveable slides at Wet n Wild for whenever they built a waterpark on site. Does anyone know which slides are moveable? (The list below is from Wikipedia). Obviously, they could easily build new volleyball courts.

Wikipedia said:
Thrill rides
  • The Storm – Push yourself down into a steep tunnel that sends you flying down incredibly fast into a giant bowl where you'll find yourself spinning around with mist surrounding in the air as you drop into the pool below. This slide was created by Proslide company, labeled as a 'ProBowl' slide.[3]
  • Mach 5 – Grab a mat and walk your way up a long winding tower to the top where you have three slides to choose from. When told by the lifeguard at top, push yourself down the ride of a twisting, turning, head-first flumes that fall 1,700-foot (520 m) over three different courses.
  • Der Stuka – Push yourself down a six-story speed slide that sends you flying down a 76-foot (23 m), nearly vertical drop that transitions to a 115-foot (35 m) water runway.
  • Bomb Bay – The ride for all dare devils is right here. Go inside the rocket awaiting unknowingly for the trap door to open that sends you down a 76-foot (23 m), nearly vertical slide to the depths below.
  • Knee Ski – A cable-operated ski lets you kneeboard like a pro around a 1/4 mile-long lake.
  • Wake Boarding – Everyone from beginner to expert can show their stuff on the WakeZone Cableway.
  • The Wild One – Two people are pulled by a Jet Ski around the lake on big, bouncy tubes that make for a wild ride.
  • Brain Wash – Lose your grip on reality in Wet 'n Wild's newest thrill ride. This mind blowing hypnotic thrill ride sends you down a steep 53-foot (16 m) drop on a 65-foot (20 m) funnel.
Multi-person rides

• Disco H2O – Start off in a tube traveling through a dark tunnel that sends you down a huge drop, and before you know it you find yourself traveling around a room filled with disco music and lights. This slide was too made from Proslide company as a "BehemothBowl". It replaces the Fountain Pool.[4]
  • The Surge – A 5-story tube ride that carries a 4-passenger tube down 600 feet (180 m) of banked turns, radical twists and diabolical dips. This ride was made by Proslide as a "Mammoth" slide.[5]
  • Bubba Tub – Grab the family and climb aboard one of the four-passenger tubes for a six-story, triple dip drop ride.
  • The Black Hole The Next Generation – 1000 gallons a minute sends a two-person tube rocketing through 500 feet (150 m) of twisting, turning darkness on this space-age thrill ride. The Black Hole currently reopened under the moniker "The Black Hole: The Next Generation" and now features more light effects, fog, and an updated ride boarding area.
  • The Flyer – Travel around in a 4-person raft that sends you on on an exciting, family-fun ride that covers 450 feet (140 m) of hairpin turns and banked curves. It is formerly called Fuji Flyer.
  • The Blast – Take a raging ride along a raptured pipeline that will thrill you to the core and soak you to the bone. It is formerly called Raging Rapids.
Kids rides

• Blastaway Beach – You'll find miniature versions of a lot of the rides and a gigantic bucket that periodically fills with water and splashes into the pool below.
Other activities

• Lazy River – Surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers with old boat docks, rustic billboards, and waterfalls, The Lazy River is a stream in which patrons can rent tubes.
  • Surf Lagoon (also known as The Wave Pool) – The Surf Lagoon contains four-foot waves that roll across the 17,000-square-foot (1,600 m2) pool, surrounded by comfortable seating and punctuated by a dramatic waterfall. Like the Lazy River, you may rent a tube if you wish.
  • Volleyball – There are two volleyball nets open to anyone that wants to start a game on regulation-size volleyball courts on beach sand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom