The Universal Rumors thread

Mike C

Screamscape is reporting that the Jekyll and Hyde club may be coming to Ctywalk in Orlando, which is great news for anyone who liked the Adventurer's Club in PI, since they both had a very similar vibe. Ie, mix haunted mansion and Adventurer's club and that's what you would get. (It existed in New York before the AC, and the AC borrowed a bit from the original idea)

If true, this is pretty great.

StageFrenzy

Screamscape is reporting that the Jekyll and Hyde club may be coming to Ctywalk in Orlando, which is great news for anyone who liked the Adventurer's Club in PI, since they both had a very similar vibe. Ie, mix haunted mansion and Adventurer's club and that's what you would get. (It existed in New York before the AC, and the AC borrowed a bit from the original idea)

Anyone want to guess where it would go, NBA city?

Disneyhead'71

CityWalk:

1. Mexican Restaurant called Antojitos taking over the former Latin Quarter. It will be themed like a Mission.
2. There is also a rumor that Cigars, TBCY, and Katie's Candies will all be closing to make way for a new restaurant.
3. And another rumor that Jekyll & Hyde, an Adventurer's Club-esque club from NYC may be coming to CityWalk. The guys behind Jekyll & Hyde's have another concept called The Slaughtered Lamb Pub. Some may know that The Slaughtered Lamb Pub is from the movie An American Werewolf In London. And was featured in this years American Werewolf In London haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights. I theorize that that may possibly be what is coming to the Cigars/TCBY/Katie's plot.

Diagon Alley:

Just more details of what will be included.

Cabana Bay:

Possibly announcing an expansion already.

Mystery Project:

If I had to guess, I would guess that they may announce the Jurassic Park expansion to open late 2014. I don't believe that they will say anything about Kong at this point.

Last edited:

GLaDOS

I would agree we won't hear about Kong, unless Universal has turned a complete 180 on their secrecy measures.

If they really are opening the Jurassic Park Coaster and enhancements next year, I would think they would need to announce it next week as well.

71jason

Credit where it's due, AdvClub is the original--J&H opened a couple years after, supposedly by a former CM. There were obvious portraits of AdvClub characters in the original J&H.

Kind of meh on it. Far more restaurant than bar, and CityWalk seems maxed out on kitschy table-service restaurants. If you're going to rip off Disney, rip off Trader Sams ... or the original, still beloved Adventurers Club.

rioriz

Dec 12 Announcement

Diagon Alley Expansion

JP Coaster and Family Focused Expansion Area

New IOA Show

New Beetlejuice Show

Cabana Bay

Transformers (Possible Interactive M&G Debut)

Citywalk Additions

Starbucks in IOA and CW

All of this is just speculation from me and nothing is confirmed.

I hope all of this gets announced!!! Looking forward to my 2014 trip!!

Disneyhead'71

I have heard that the Amber Mine is out and that they will be going with something similar to Wooden Warrior with some added terrain rock work and water features.

I have heard that this is so that they can have it open by "Late 2014". I have also heard that there may be a Dino-themed carousel to act as a center piece for the "expansion". They are going for a "Theme Park in a Theme Park" concept.

Last edited:

tissandtully

I have heard that the Amber Mine is out and that they will be going with something similar to Wooden Warrior with some added terrain rock work and water features.

I have heard that this is so that they can have it open by "Late 2014". I have also heard that there may be a Dino-themed carousel to act as a center piece for the "expansion". They are going for a "Theme Park in a Theme Park" concept.

Ok, let the Chester and Hester people get it all out now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom