The Universal Rumors thread

tissandtully

It's all but a done deal. Only question is how Charter and Comcast are gonna whack up TWC's assets to avoid anti-trust delays.

As long as this doesn't affect Brighthouse, I'm OK with it. I know they used to be one in the same, but just have the same licensing agreements now.

BubbaQuest

Comcast is buying Time Warner Cable.

Source?

I thought Charter was chasing Time Warner. It does sound like things are happening, but I think (hope) antitrust regulation will prevent a Comcast/Time Warner merger.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101220981
Comcast, the parent company of CNBC and NBC, is not in active discussions on deal terms with Time Warner Cable, these sources say, but is asking for guidance on antitrust and telecommunications-related issues. According to people familiar with the matter, TWC has made it clear that if it should sell itself, Comcast would be its preferred buyer.

case88

Thought I would ask here instead of starting a new thread...Are there any rumored reburbs starting after the holiday season rush ends? Headed down in early Feb...and I'm sure a couple of the water rides will be down, but anything else? The official site does not list any scheduled refurbs. Thanks for all the great Uni info!

HTF

Thought I would ask here instead of starting a new thread...Are there any rumored reburbs starting after the holiday season rush ends? Headed down in early Feb...and I'm sure a couple of the water rides will be down, but anything else? The official site does not list any scheduled refurbs. Thanks for all the great Uni info!

No exact dates at the moment but here what I expect to close down from mid January through late May in preparation for the mass crowds descending in for Diagon in June 2014. Again these are not confirmed and no park will close two rides simultaneously. These closures will be spread out.

Disaster-This may be the biggest and longest refurb as a new RV, station, control system, ADA Access have been rumored by me for over a year now.

Dudley-Annual Refurb

Popeye and Bluto-Annual Refurb

JPRA-Annual Refurb

Beetlejuice Show-Closing for new show to premiere in 2014

Poseidon's Fury-Annual Refurb

Ice Dragon-Annual Refurb

Simpsons Ride-Closing to install new ride projectors

I suspect there will be several others doing refurbs to get these parks cleaned up and in top show condition as the worlds eye turns towards them.

the.dreamfinder

Regarding your Lorax v Grinch tweet @HTF , Grinch is clearly the IP that can hold its own alongside Potter. However with Grinch, would they be building a full on Whoville with dark ride or just a dark ride on the scale of what was proposed for Lorax?

Disneyhead'71

No exact dates at the moment but here what I expect to close down from mid January through late May in preparation for the mass crowds descending in for Diagon in June 2014. Again these are not confirmed and no park will close two rides simultaneously. These closures will be spread out.

Disaster-This may be the biggest and longest refurb as a new RV, station, control system, ADA Access have been rumored by me for over a year now.

Dudley-Annual Refurb

Popeye and Bluto-Annual Refurb

JPRA-Annual Refurb

Beetlejuice Show-Closing for new show to premiere in 2014

Poseidon's Fury-Annual Refurb

Ice Dragon-Annual Refurb

Simpsons Ride-Closing to install new ride projectors

I suspect there will be several others doing refurbs to get these parks cleaned up and in top show condition as the worlds eye turns towards them.
I would add in E.T.

whylightbulb

Comcast has so much on their agenda, they are having conflicting feelings about what should be prioritized. Lorax was never "dead". It just went from fast tracked to "back burner" and then to "in the queue" behind Kong/JP.

It looks like Seuss and KidZone may happen at the same time. It looks like 2016 may be a good year for the ankle bitters.
Comcast has so much on their agenda, they are having conflicting feelings about what should be prioritized. Lorax was never "dead". It just went from fast tracked to "back burner" and then to "in the queue" behind Kong/JP.
if Lorax is "in the queue" now then that would have happened just in the last week. I'm not saying that isn't possible considering how fast things are happening but I would be surprised if the decision has been made to move forward again with Lorax considering how marketing felt about it. The entire team was moved to project 340 anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom