The Universal Rumors thread

AndyMagic

Better remove Lorax from the Likely column...looks like it's dead in the water. Kong is going through budget cuts but is getting close to moving forward.
That's unfortunate. It would have made a great addition to the park. Any word on the Jurassic Park addition? Is that still moving forward or was it replaced by the Kong attraction?

AndyMagic

JP has already started construction.

The Trikes are being removed for some sort of project but I want to know if the original amber mine train is still a "go" given that the scale of such a ride suggests it would need to be built in the much larger plot of land where Kong is now going.

HTF

I love whylightbulb but he sure has a knack for leaving people hanging...

Their are certain things you can and cannot say. He walks that line closely, as for his credibility yeah it's good. I'm afraid I can't comment on the Lorax though. It's possible it's been scrapped the darn thing has lived and died several times and had 3 seperate early concept presentations. But I personally have not heard its dead in the water. If i do hear that I'll post it.

The one thing that strikes me as odd though is the timing of this. Was something else just signed and deemed a higher priority?

tissandtully

Their are certain things you can and cannot say. He walks that line closely, as for his credibility yeah it's good. I'm afraid I can't comment on the Lorax though. It's possible it's been scrapped the darn thing has lived and died several times and had 3 seperate early concept presentations. But I personally have not heard its dead in the water. If i do hear that I'll post it.

The one thing that strikes me as odd though is the timing of this. Was something else just signed and deemed a higher priority?

I'm guessing issues with the estate signing off?

Jrn14

Seriously???? Omg...i don't know how it could be done... But I bet it could be amazing...but how do the discourage guests from killing each other

HTF

FWIW, Mark Woodbury and Thierry Coup were giving a very in depth tour to several high ups from Seuss Enterprises around Seuss Landing a little over a week ago. With digital cameras and numerous blue prints in hand they walked most of the Island before disappearing backstage. I've held back trying to find out the purpose of their visit but have been unsuccessful in doing so.

A few things of note to keep things calm in the rumor field :D

-While they did have blueprints in hand it very well could of been a check up on the Islands condition.
-The area's they focused on heavily were If I Ran the Zoo, 1F2F, Cat Entrance, Sneetch Beach, and they disappeared into the empty plot backstage.
-I do not think this had anything to do with Grinchmas as no one from A&D was with the group.
-In MY OPINION: I believe this was a walk regarding a heavy amount of work coming to Seuss Landing. I do believe we will see numerous minor projects completed across the island and capping it off with a new family ride in 2017. But again thats just my thoughts.

Jrn14

Lol at going from likely to dead to likely again in less than a week...were the dead in the water claims a tad premature perhaps or was one of the higher ups being dramatic

Disneyhead'71

Lol at going from likely to dead to likely again in less than a week...were the dead in the water claims a tad premature perhaps or was one of the higher ups being dramatic
Comcast has so much on their agenda, they are having conflicting feelings about what should be prioritized. Lorax was never "dead". It just went from fast tracked to "back burner" and then to "in the queue" behind Kong/JP.

It looks like Seuss and KidZone may happen at the same time. It looks like 2016 may be a good year for the ankle bitters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom