The Universal Rumors thread

djlaosc

Put Kidszone down for Summer 2016 at the Studios. Oh and just throwing it out there that HTTYD has a sequel in 2014 and a third installment scheduled for Summer 2016.

Good to know - do you know if they will be planning on using the land behind MIB/Curious George? Will they be removing any of the current attractions?

As for HTTYD - great film, so looking forward to the attraction!

djlaosc

I bet ya HTTYD will replace ET...

Hopefully not - Universal really need to stop replacing attractions - especially when they have the space, and need more attractions in KidZone in order to get away from the "Universal has nothing for my kids" stereotype. And isn't E.T the last opening day attraction?

MK Fantasyland will have 12 attractions (not M&G) when SDMC is finished. KidZone has 6.

Looking at the land behind Curious George/MIB, you could nearly fit KidZone in again if you could use all the land - so if KidZone could get close to 12 attractions as well, then that should go some way to stopping that stereotype (it won't do it completely, but it could put it ahead of the non-MK Disney parks) - that's one of the reasons why I think instead of removing Shrek 4D, they should just move it into KidZone - it's not that large, if they're completely changing the attraction anyway they could possibly reuse the screen/seats - and it adds an extra attraction to the park!)

OFTeric

I bet ya HTTYD will replace ET...

I hope this is not the case. ET is classic, and a wonderful part of Universal's heritage. I want it to remain more than anything else!

I think that they could change the entrance for ET so that you aren't entering through the Kidzone. They could maybe enter from Gardens of Allah area if you changed things up a bit.

twebber55

Hopefully not - Universal really need to stop replacing attractions - especially when they have the space, and need more attractions in KidZone in order to get away from the "Universal has nothing for my kids" stereotype. And isn't E.T the last opening day attraction?

MK Fantasyland will have 12 attractions (not M&G) when SDMC is finished. KidZone has 6.

Looking at the land behind Curious George/MIB, you could nearly fit KidZone in again if you could use all the land - so if KidZone could get close to 12 attractions as well, then that should go some way to stopping that stereotype (it won't do it completely, but it could put it ahead of the non-MK Disney parks) - that's one of the reasons why I think instead of removing Shrek 4D, they should just move it into KidZone - it's not that large, if they're completely changing the attraction anyway they could possibly reuse the screen/seats - and it adds an extra attraction to the park!)
agree..ET is a classic and the queue is incredible

djlaosc

I hope this is not the case. ET is classic, and a wonderful part of Universal's heritage. I want it to remain more than anything else!

I think that they could change the entrance for ET so that you aren't entering through the Kidzone. They could maybe enter from Gardens of Allah area if you changed things up a bit.

E.T takes place in California, so it could fit in Hollywood as well - it needs to remain somehow...

OFTeric

E.T takes place in California, so it could fit in Hollywood as well - it needs to remain somehow...

GRRRREAT point! An even better reason to keep it! Simply move lands to Hollywood! But I know business decisions will be made, and they have to decide if they are going to not retain any of the opening day attractions or if there will be things that are held on to because of nostalgia.

Turtle

GRRRREAT point! An even better reason to keep it! Simply move lands to Hollywood! But I know business decisions will be made, and they have to decide if they are going to not retain any of the opening day attractions or if there will be things that are held on to because of nostalgia.
It isn't even moving. It's reroutig the queue and entrance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom