The Ugly Blue Hat

sanctumsolitude

Original Poster
hakunamatata said:
You dont like the hat so you move it to the entrance to the park.....makes no sense.

That hat was quite expensive, I didn't want to just write it off as a loss.

I also realized that once I moved it to the entrance, I enjoyed it a lot more. It just seems to fit so much better there.

On a side note: I have noticed tons of people actually visited my blog. Please feel free to email your opinion of it. So far it is still in the growing stages, but I think I have managed to finalize the design.

sanctumsolitude

Original Poster
Pongo said:
By George! I think you have a point with the Fantasmic! idea. The entrance to the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater sounds like a terrific spot for the hat! I also liked the earlier stated idea of having it over the turnstyles.

It certainly can't be moved easily. It took a while to be built, so I would expect it would take about the same amount of time to (fully) break down.

Add me for to the list of people who approve of the hat AND like it's position.

I actually touched on this in my blog. You have to remember that the hat is 122 ft tall. If it was at the entrance to Fantasmic it could ruin the view of the tower of terror.

Pongo

sanctumsolitude said:
I actually touched on this in my blog. You have to remember that the hat is 122 ft tall. If it was at the entrance to Fantasmic it could ruin the view of the tower of terror.

I meant farther down the pathway to the amphitheater. I actually thought about that, and thought it came across in the post, but I guess not :lol:

By "Entrance of the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater" I actually meant a few feet from the actual seats, not right on the side of Sunset Blvd :)

Merlin

Account Suspended
Kadee said:
DITTO! I HATE it where it is.....but it would be pretty cool somewhere else.

Maybe they could knock down Everest (aka most boring overrated attraction ever) and put the hat in it's place. Would sure be better use of the space!:lol:

SewIn2Disney

Merlin said:
Maybe they could knock down Everest (aka most boring overrated attraction ever) and put the hat in it's place. Would sure be better use of the space!:lol:
Geee...could you tell us your feelings on Everest? Lol :)

Tinkerbell_13

sanctumsolitude said:
I don't like the blue hat. And most of the people I talk to don't either. Therefore, I decided to move it!

Using the aerial photopgrahy provided by Windows Live Local, I went ahead and moved it to the entrance plaza. Personally, I feel that this is actually a rather nice location for it:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6804/2506/1600/newenterance.jpg

Long-time lurker and I just thought I would share it with all of you. Please note it was a 2 minute photoshop job. If anyone cares about how I feel about the hat, I posted my issues with it on my blog (Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy). I will spare you having to actually read my rant unless you want to. The Re-Imagineering blog has a good write-up as well.

I kinda like the hat. I really like it because one of the best shows there is based on the hat. :dazzle:

pintraderpayee

Tinkerbell_13 said:
I kinda like the hat. I really like it because one of the best shows there is based on the hat. :dazzle:

I like the hat, too. Fantasmic! is the best. Hi, Tink!

18 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

SpenceMan01

I've voiced my opinion on the hat before. Lets just say that I hate it and be done with that.

I just wanted to thank the OP for pointing my to the Windows Live Local site where I spent 4 hours at work last night looking at birds-eye views of WDW. I can't believe Microsoft is back in front of Google in the online aerial photo dept.

So, thanks sanctumsolitude, for showing me to that site. I'm now bound to have no life for a while! :wave:

thejohn

wdwmagic said:
I like the Hat as an icon in itself and I think it's nicely executed, what I dont like is the position of it. I agree with the original poster that it would have worked well outside the park.

Iagree

sanctumsolitude

Original Poster
SpenceMan01 said:
I've voiced my opinion on the hat before. Lets just say that I hate it and be done with that.

I just wanted to thank the OP for pointing my to the Windows Live Local site where I spent 4 hours at work last night looking at birds-eye views of WDW. I can't believe Microsoft is back in front of Google in the online aerial photo dept.

So, thanks sanctumsolitude, for showing me to that site. I'm now bound to have no life for a while! :wave:

Don't forget to check out Disneyland too!

Sadly though, it doesn't have aerial photography for the Magic Kingdom. Just Epcot, Disney-MGM and Animal Kingdom (plus Disneyland and DCA).

But it does let you look in all four directions! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom