The Truth about the Osborne Lights

harryk

I'll take the Lights of Winter anyday over the Osborne Lights. But since so many people enjoy the Osborne Lights I see no reason to do away with them. If they must be moved they could be placed on the buildings leading up to the Tower of Terror....but not on the Tower of Terror. They could be a major feature of the Hollywood Studios by placing them all through the park - not just SoA. :joyfull:

SpectroPhoenix

I'm not sure if it was mentioned already somewhere else in this thread, but would it such a bad idea if they end up getting relocated to Disney Springs? Gives the area a highlight during the holidays, brings people over to go shopping, and we get to keep our lights.

danpam1024

Original Poster
I'm not sure if it was mentioned already somewhere else in this thread, but would it such a bad idea if they end up getting relocated to Disney Springs? Gives the area a highlight during the holidays, brings people over to go shopping, and we get to keep our lights.
maybe when it's finished- that sounds fantastic! For now- parking is already a nightmare.

JimboJones123

I disagree personally. The Lights of Winter, while elegant, were lights over a walkway that grow more nostalgic with each passing year without them. The Osborne lights are a true spectacle unlike anything I've seen elsewhere.

That said,
porque-no-las-dos-o.gif
Nope, those displays can be found everywhere now. The holiday lights at most local zoos are nearly as impressive.

LucyK

Not a bad idea and one more reason for people to go to Disney Springs. You might have something there!

Phonedave

While i know it about as reliable as a bus driver, I did talk to a number of CM's in a number of areas (other parks, resorts, etc) and not one of them has heard anything about this being the last year.

We were this this last Web-Sun for the last weekend of F&W and we did make a special trip over to DHS on Saturday night, "Just in case" (and I did notice the problem with the canopy lights).

I will say, running through them during the F&W half marathon is pretty cool - its nice with no crowds.

-dave

Ignohippo

While i know it about as reliable as a bus driver, I did talk to a number of CM's in a number of areas (other parks, resorts, etc) and not one of them has heard anything about this being the last year.

We were this this last Web-Sun for the last weekend of F&W and we did make a special trip over to DHS on Saturday night, "Just in case" (and I did notice the problem with the canopy lights).

I will say, running through them during the F&W half marathon is pretty cool - its nice with no crowds.

-dave

It was reported a few months ago that Marketing was told that this could very well be the last year so to be careful in doing anything that would market the Osbourne Lights past this year.

Personally, I don't think anything more substantial than a Phase One Star Wars area (Cantina, maybe coaster) will be coming until after Avatar.

I would expect 2015 to be the year when the Osbourne Lights is in serious jeopardy.

bgraham34

Disney would be foolish to remove Osbourne Lights. I know several people who plan their Dec Trips to visit the Studios only for this and mainly Disney World only for the lights. Its a big draw no matter how Disney looks at it. Removing the lights will take away a tradition from many families who make the trip there year after year.

ToTBellHop

Disney would be foolish to remove Osbourne Lights. I know several people who plan their Dec Trips to visit the Studios only for this and mainly Disney World only for the lights. Its a big draw no matter how Disney looks at it. Removing the lights will take away a tradition from many families who make the trip there year after year.
They could always be (easily) moved.

R W B

We are doing this very trip starting tomorrow for that same reason. Also going to try Shades of Green for the first time since its a quick trip to see how we like it. Pretty pumped for the little one to see the Castle all lit up and the Lights in Hollywood Studios. Mom and Dad are looking forward to the Jungle Cruise again since it was closed last time. Can't wait for tomorrow evening to kick off the weekend though.
Very nice! I just started looking into where to stay at today actually. I think we'll just get a condo off site. We did that last Halloween when we went for 3 days, got a very modern 3 bd rm condo for $84/night and it was right on 192 and only a 10-15min drive to the parks. Think that's what we'll do this time also.

I also want to see the jungle cruise since it has a small holiday lay out now and of course the Osborne lights.

CJR

I don't think this will be the last year for the lights.

Given how there's no solid information that something's coming to DHS soon, I think they'll be back at least next year. I won't deny that it's still possible for them to end this year, but with the way Disney does construction, why not delay it a tad and start construction in that area after the holiday season is over?

Then again, SoA may not even be on the chopping block anymore and may not see construction for some time. In my opinion, there's a higher probability of them being back next year in some form than there won't be.

JimboJones123

Wow. Please let us know where these impressiveyou or own home. Not really anything special displays are. Side by side photos will be fun to post.
Oh, and you can buy the programming machine at Lowes now. Or download one off dozens of sites for your home. Not really anything special any more.

Dragonrider1227

I'm not a massive fan of the Orborne lights and I wouldn't be that bothered if they went away permanently, but I don't see the point. Even if they use the SoA space for something else, it would be very simply to put up a fake street somewhere in WDW to host the lights. Furthermore, given the relative lack of things to do in DHS, I don't think it's a good idea to get rid of a very popular attraction there unless it is absolutely necessary.
maybe they could be in Downtown Disney or the upcoming Disney Springs. That possible?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom