The Truth about the Osborne Lights

the_claw

the times are a-changing at WDW and whilst I wont be sad to see SOA leave as they serve no purpose to anything anymore, I will miss the lights...however DHS needs all the help it can get to become a whole day park!!

barnett

Friday was my last day of a 7 day trip and I spent time in MK, Epcot and then DHS just for the lights. All day in every park I heard people talking about going to see the lights. Even heard some say that they came just for them. Take them away and money will be lost. Might not be a lot in the grand scheme of things but there will be attendance loss in general.

Buck

I seem like the only one who doesn't really like the Osborne lights. I've never been impressed with them, which is odd because I'm not nearly as negative as 99% of this board. I honestly think part of all the praise for them in this board is because people are seizing upon a potential opportunity to complain since there are rumors of them leaving. Wouldn't surprise me considering how rampant group think of this nature is on this board.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I seem like the only one who doesn't really like the Osborne lights. I've never been impressed with them, which is odd because I'm not nearly as negative as 99% of this board. I honestly think part of all the praise for them in this board is because people are seizing upon a potential opportunity to complain since there are rumors of them leaving. Wouldn't surprise me considering how rampant group think of this nature is on this board.
No, I think you are in the vast minority.

People really do like them, and not just in a please-don't-take-them-away complaining kind of way. You're overthinking it.

doctornick

I'm not a massive fan of the Orborne lights and I wouldn't be that bothered if they went away permanently, but I don't see the point. Even if they use the SoA space for something else, it would be very simply to put up a fake street somewhere in WDW to host the lights. Furthermore, given the relative lack of things to do in DHS, I don't think it's a good idea to get rid of a very popular attraction there unless it is absolutely necessary.

Mukta

my worry is that they won't be there in 2014. Or like many things, they will be a shell of what they once were. And I NEVER use my credit card for anything other than a true emergency (ie-massive car repair, appliance breaking etc) and I am thinking this may just be a TRUE emergency. Maybe we can go up for just a couple of days to see the lights before they're put out for good. But it doesn't sound like they will be "turned off" for at least another year or so.
I panicked and booked a trip this year for the same reason. I'm going to WDW from California for only 3 nights.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The Osbourne Lights are my favorite holiday event in all of WDW, but if they were to get rid of SoA and the lights respectively it would mean that something else spectacular was replacing them, so as to why people would stay after dark whatever they would build in it's place would solve that problem for the entire year rather than just a few weeks a year. However if they were removed I would really hope they added another christmas lights spectacular at the Boardwalk or something like that. (Here's to hoping they stay!)

You are an optimist arent you - As of late DIsney simply removes attractions replacing them with NOTHING.

MOXOMUMD

I know some people are tired of them but I hope they stay for one more year. I've never been to WDW for the Holiday season but I'll next year and my mom really wants to see them!
I think your mom will definitely find them quite enjoyable. :)

tl77

I doubt the Osborne Lights and New York Street are going any where, for the same reason I doubt the Tomorrowland Speedway is ever going away, because they are all low maintenance and low cost attractions, and it's pretty clear that Disney won't spend money on anything new if they don't absolutely have to

ToTBellHop

I would take Lights of Winter over the Osborne Lights every single time.
I disagree personally. The Lights of Winter, while elegant, were lights over a walkway that grow more nostalgic with each passing year without them. The Osborne lights are a true spectacle unlike anything I've seen elsewhere.

That said,
porque-no-las-dos-o.gif

Cousin Huet

I'm trying to make a small trip in December just incase this is the final year of these lights. I figure a Xmas party at magic kingdom and the Osborne lights will be good for a 2 day trip.

We are doing this very trip starting tomorrow for that same reason. Also going to try Shades of Green for the first time since its a quick trip to see how we like it. Pretty pumped for the little one to see the Castle all lit up and the Lights in Hollywood Studios. Mom and Dad are looking forward to the Jungle Cruise again since it was closed last time. Can't wait for tomorrow evening to kick off the weekend though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom