The Truth about the Osborne Lights

Cody5242

I know he's probably not the most reliable source but a bartender at the Tune In lounge told me that the lights are safe for at least another 2 years due to the delayed construction for Star Wars. He also said they might do Jabbas Palace instead of the Cantina but I doubt thats true and to his knowledge cars land is dead

stevehousse

I think considering that this year, 100% of the Osborne lights has been upgraded to full led (there is even a sign stating this) , that with money spent like that it would be around for a little longer.

MOXOMUMD

Is your signature new? Schmable, indeed!

Hubby is giving me weird looks wondering why I am laughing so hard.
Yes. Every week or so my daughter will pick a quote from whatever cartoon we happen to be watching and I find humorous. This time it was Gravity Falls. :)

HouCuseChickie

Firstly...I LOVE Osborne Lights. I was familiar with Jennings Osborne and his display (as well as the legal matters) before Disney ever got involved. I think anyone who enjoys overdoing it with their home holiday lighting displays has some love for Mr. Osborne and the lights. To see them go would be absolutely heartbreaking.

As for comparing them to the pro-displays at local attractions/zoos- I personally think you're comparing apples to oranges. I know others would disagree and see them as the same, but it's a similar argument with Lights of Winter. Those displays- like our local displays of that nature- are very nice, but they are a totally different holiday lighting aesthetic/vibe. Those displays are nice- very nice- but they are crisp and professional looking- even in their more whimsical sections. Osborne Lights is the repurposing of someone's home display. It has a hand-done campiness with quirky personal touches that aren't found in things like our local ZooLights or any other local professionally done festival of lights. Maybe it's just because I'm one of those people who puts up a ton of my own quirky lighting aspects and have contemplated hiring an electrician to help rewire our panels so I have dedicated circuits for my lights. Either way- Osborne Lights has the spirit of someone's home display where things like ZooLights are someone's corporate more tasteful interpretation of such a display.

Glasgow

I enjoy the O-lights but I'm more interested in them making DHS into a more consolidated and logical layout. I love a few of the attractions here but the layout and scheduling difficulties are infuriating to manage if you're trying to get to more than one or two shows during the day with your kids. Who knows, maybe the lights will migrate to another part of the park or be blended into the forthcoming SW expansion .. May the Osborne Lights Be With You? .. ;)

Disneydreamer23

Alot of people come to Disney World around Christmas to see the Osborne Lights I know at least 10 people who would probably never go again if they took those away I dont think they will take them away but may be MOVE them

doctornick

I enjoy the O-lights but I'm more interested in them making DHS into a more consolidated and logical layout

To me, DHS' annoying layout is a big reason why it's my least favorite WDW park. It's just annoying to get from place to place.

A big improvement would occur if they made a connection from the deadend of Animation Courtyard to the area of RNR. You'd have to demolish/redo one of the buildings in the courtyard (or at a minimum the CM cafeteria next to Disney Jr) to make it happen, but it would access some new space for potential development and allow an alternate way to Sunset Blvd instead of the generally crowed one street in and out.

MOXOMUMD

To me, DHS' annoying layout is a big reason why it's my least favorite WDW park. It's just annoying to get from place to place.

A big improvement would occur if they made a connection from the deadend of Animation Courtyard to the area of RNR. You'd have to demolish/redo one of the buildings in the courtyard (or at a minimum the CM cafeteria next to Disney Jr) to make it happen, but it would access some new space for potential development and allow an alternate way to Sunset Blvd instead of the generally crowed one street in and out.
That's true. I never really thought about it but it is a one way in and out Blvd.

JimboJones123

20131118_095608.jpg
Sea World...
Those fools...
Still using obsolete lighted archway technology instead of absolutely nothing....

Bunch of hacks.

Biff215

I think considering that this year, 100% of the Osborne lights has been upgraded to full led (there is even a sign stating this) , that with money spent like that it would be around for a little longer.

I thought that was accomplished a few years back. I could be wrong, but I think I remember that sign. Either way, I don't know if recent investments will be enough to save the lights if an expansion gets the green light. I hope they stay or find a new home, but that area is just so pointless the other 10 months of the year.

I loved LoW, but I don't know how you can even compare them to Osbourne. Different league entirely IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom