The Tree of Life Awakens

RSoxNo1

What is the music in the deer and eagle one? I absolutely love it, I think it's really beautiful. Is it newly composed, or is it from some Disney movie or other place?

The video is posted in post #86 of this thread.

I agree that these few quick movements are really neat. I honestly don't see a single thing that I'd change about the awakenings in general.

Perhaps the message needs to be more clear that these are spontaneous and random (and semi-frequent) "awakenings" rather than a major show. That's the absolute only way I could see any disappointment from this.
It sounds a little bit like Can You Feel the Love Tonight

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I sorta agree when it comes to burnout on the issue of projection mapping. However, i feel this is a better use/ more creative use of projection mapping then what will likely appear at DHS or dare I say even on the castle. Simply the idea of bringing the tree of LIFE to life at night is a natural fit. Sure they could use this same tech on SSE and have some cool imagery, but I think here the idea fits probably the best.

MagicHappens1971

I sorta agree when it comes to burnout on the issue of projection mapping. However, i feel this is a better use/ more creative use of projection mapping then what will likely appear at DHS or dare I say even on the castle. Simply the idea of bringing the tree of LIFE to life at night is a natural fit. Sure they could use this same tech on SSE and have some cool imagery, but I think here the idea fits probably the best.
They did use it on SSE temporarily. Until "A Galactic Spectular" debuts DHS is the only park who hasn't had projection mapping done on their icon

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
They did use it on SSE temporarily. Until "A Galactic Spectular" debuts DHS is the only park who hasn't had projection mapping done on their icon

Yes, I forgot about that and when Mike W was on SSE. Nonetheless, I think you get my point. I like the more understated TOL awakenings because it's not projection just because "we can" but it tells a story that isn't as "forced". Hope that makes sense

Zipadeelady

Has anyone seen it live yet? Are you able to see it at different angles in the park or only the area coming out of the Oasis? I'm very excited to see this!!

Next Big Thing

It is only visible from straight on at the front of the park.
Do the 4 different shows always run around the same times/schedule? I know they don't have a set schedule, but I was there both Saturday and Sunday and saw the 11:15 Awakening show and I got the same show both nights (Disney characters).

Not sure if it's a coincidence or if they always show that one at the end of the night as it's the first show after the 10:30 Jungle Book and Disney obviously knows people like/expect characters.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Do the 4 different shows always run around the same times/schedule? I know they don't have a set schedule, but I was there both Saturday and Sunday and saw the 11:15 Awakening show and I got the same show both nights (Disney characters).

Not sure if it's a coincidence or if they always show that one at the end of the night as it's the first show after the 10:30 Jungle Book and Disney obviously knows people like/expect characters.
I don't think they are running on any schedule. It seems to be somewhat variable. Although it hasn't really been running long enough yet to get the full picture.

No Name

Thanks for the video!

I only counted three main awakenings (the kind where the tree explodes), I think you may have played the Disney medley one twice and left out one. Regardless, I hadn't seen a video of the colorful birds one yet, and I also hadn't seen the small "environment" things like the moss growing on the three or what appeared to be snow, so thank you.

It is also my favorite part of AK nighttime stuff. In these times when more of the trip seems to have to be scheduled and there are fewer and fewer "surprises," it's nice to have something random and spontaneous like this.

I wonder if there's a sequence or a list of sequences and times in which they play (obviously not shared with the public), or if they use some algorithm and it's random. Or if there's someone at the control panel who makes the decision.

Anyway, this is very likely the best projection thing I've ever seen. I hope they don't change anything, or that whatever changes or additions they make in the future are just as captivating and spiritual.

doctornick

It is only visible from straight on at the front of the park.

In addition to being able to optimize the show by having one viewing angle, I would think that plan is in place to help with crowd control -- it gets people on that side of the ToL away from other attractions. Also, it prevents people from being in, say, Africa and just suddenly stopping to watch the show and clogging the pathways.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nice video, but you have the tiger awakening twice and the vignette with the Disney animals twice. You're missing the vignette with the Snow Fox.

Thanks for the video!

I only counted three main awakenings (the kind where the tree explodes), I think you may have played the Disney medley one twice and left out one. Regardless, I hadn't seen a video of the colorful birds one yet, and I also hadn't seen the small "environment" things like the moss growing on the three or what appeared to be snow, so thank you.

It is also my favorite part of AK nighttime stuff. In these times when more of the trip seems to have to be scheduled and there are fewer and fewer "surprises," it's nice to have something random and spontaneous like this.

I wonder if there's a sequence or a list of sequences and times in which they play (obviously not shared with the public), or if they use some algorithm and it's random. Or if there's someone at the control panel who makes the decision.

Anyway, this is very likely the best projection thing I've ever seen. I hope they don't change anything, or that whatever changes or additions they make in the future are just as captivating and spiritual.

Here is the corrected video with all four sequences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom