The Tree of Life Awakens

No Name

Inside the Magic has a video with another of the awakening shows following a deer and an eagle on the tree, which is the one from all the teaser videos

Must not be as good at identifying Disney songs. The first bit with the native american campfire is straight out of Pocahontas with "Steady as the Beating Drum", then you have Bambi and Thumper with "Little April Showers", The Jungle Book bit with I Wanna Be Like You, the Nemo bit using the film's main theme, the Circle of Life ending.

I think the only one that isn't tied to any IP is the appearance by the dinosaurs because it doesn't sound like a track from either of the two CG Dinosaur movies.

Because Tarzan was the only song that poster actually caught. They only made the Nemo connection from hearing someone say the words you hear in every aquarium with clownfish in it.
Gee, I didn't kmow it was a competition! No, Two Worlds was not the only song I caught, it just stuck out to me most. Maybe because it's one of my favorites.

I supposed you'd win in that competition, but I could certainly do better than one song and character. I was just giving examples. I see I didn't make that clear.

mm121

what did the tree look like at night before?

do the leaves actually light up now or is all just projections?

what does the tree look like at night when they arent doing a "show"?

the sample looks cool

Marlins1

I think that was the whole point of the "Awakening" part, that the carvings are going to come to life and tell a story. I absolutely love this idea. Something so simple yet amazingly effective. The people running this park get it and I love them for it.
They do - I am mad at myself for ripping them on the ROL delay. They came up with alternatives and the delay happened because the show is innovative. Awakenings and sunset safari look amazing. Harambe expansions and the ROL seating have incredible detail. This park is managed like Classic Disney.

DisneyDebRob

I've seen a few different shows now on here and they look amazing. Does anyone know how many shorts or full shows they are planning? Or is it still a mystery? Steve?

rioriz

Only having it on one side makes sense in my book...cant think if a precedent where they dont have the mapping only on one side.

Even in the case of Spaceship Earth usually any projection is on either side not both

Sandurz

Only having it on one side makes sense in my book...cant think if a precedent where they dont have the mapping only on one side.

Even in the case of Spaceship Earth usually any projection is on either side not both

Just because it hasn't been done isn't any reason not to do it. While this projection does seem to have the upper hand over MK's castle show in clarity and brightness, a wrap-around projection could have been pretty fantastic.

rioriz

The vantage point from the other side is not as good plus it allows for thematic cohesion. When im in Africa or Asia enjoying the sights and sounds i dont want the crowds gathering and messing up flow. Just like in MK and DHS the show needs to be centralized to allow for ease of flow through the other sides of the park.

Nice idea but would be with negatives

cjkeating

I think to have it on one side makes sense as it will help spread people to the front of the park which has recently been expanded additional floor place, enlarged shops, additional food outlets and the new Discovery Island live entertainment. This will help keep the crowds moving around the KS/Everest/RoL as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom