The Town Center construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 25. The Disney Springs sign at the intersection of Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Blvd. Tile was installed inside the fountain (which can only be viewed by people on the pedestrian bridge), and final landscaping going in now.

IMG_7939.JPG

A view of the new Disney bus transportation terminal, nearing completion.

IMG_7948.JPG

IMG_7947.JPG

The new stroller and wheelchair rental location (Guest Relations) soon to open at the Disney bus transportation terminal, near the entrance to Disney Springs. Restrooms are located behind this building.

IMG_7949.JPG

halltd

The fountain is super pretty! I hope there are jets that shoot water up above the low wall and next to the words so the water is visible from the road.

Also, a weird aside, but isn't the name of the campground actually "Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground"? If they would put campground on the signs, I think less people would get confused and accidentally get on the wrong bus. We stay at the campground a lot and on every trip there are multiple families that get on the campground bus that meant to go to Wilderness Lodge (and that's not a fun mistake to fix).

JohnWD

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 25. The Disney Springs sign at the intersection of Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Blvd. Tile was installed inside the fountain (which can only be viewed by people on the pedestrian bridge), and final landscaping going in now.

View attachment 143507

A view of the new Disney bus transportation terminal, nearing completion.

View attachment 143508

View attachment 143509

The new stroller and wheelchair rental location (Guest Relations) soon to open at the Disney bus transportation terminal, near the entrance to Disney Springs. Restrooms are located behind this building.

View attachment 143510
Oh no! They must be demoing the Contemporary!!

HiYa Pal

A Lionel store at Disney (and the hope of it being a very over the top themed store) would be amazing, and could tie in to the train back story of Disney Springs. Kinda like when earlier concepts of The Edison space showed it as a train depot, if my memory serves me correctly.....

OvertheHorizon

There is a section of track between where The Edison and STK are located, and there is the tie in with the high line track segments that have been added to the West Side of Disney Springs.

Next Big Thing

Seriously, the center is amazing. Going back tomorrow for a burger.
A lot of people criticize it for looking too generic (and yes, it does look like many outdoor malls when not near the springs), however I think many discount how much this affects peoples trip planning. Do people plan trips around a mall? Nope. Do they plan around a sephora being there? Very likely not. Do they plan around dining? You bet, and Disney Springs has some of the best on-property.

It also just has an indescribable feeling about it. I didn't used to go to DTD much at all. However now with the ease of access with the garages and the laid back feel of the area (and great dining surrounding it), I find myself here much more.

Obobru

Maybe I am reading too much into it because no one has mentioned it but the big wheel behind cirque is interesting. This is where I think the bus stops are which someone mentioned are moving to the old marketplace stops. Could we see a wheel added in the future?

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, May 30. The Disney Springs fountain and welcome sign at the intersection of Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Blvd is working and almost complete.

IMG_7957.JPG

The old Marketplace surface parking lot (behind Basin and the Co-Op) is being cleared of construction materials and readied for valet parking. The new valet parking stand is on the extreme left in the below photo (brick columns).

IMG_7961.JPG

Photos of Town Center abound on various internet sites, but here are close-ups of the paintings at the front entrance, near the Disney bus drop off point, which most people just walk by. The paintings add to the historical perspective of Disney Springs.

IMG_7955.JPG

IMG_7956.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom