The Town Center construction

WDWtraveler

Portion of Disney Springs map as of Sunday, May 15. The new Disney bus terminal at Town Center is not open yet. Maps say early June. For now, the Marketplace bus terminal is still operational "through early June."

IMG_7919.JPG

jt04

Thought we might get some art glass or stain glass and expensive chandeliers in the covered bazaar but other than that no complaints. All looks great and many surprising details. Looking forward to future adds. And seeing how the place is lighted at night.

Excellent job TDO.

ToTBellHop

Thought we might get some art glass or stain glass and expensive chandeliers in the covered bazaar but other than that no complaints. All looks great and many surprising details. Looking forward to future adds. And seeing how the place is lighted at night.

Excellent job TDO.
Agree with you on this one. Folks may argue about some of the stores themselves, but the space is visually spectacular. The dining at Disney Springs, in general, is the best at WDW. And my wife is happy there is a Sephora, for what it's worth. Yes, we have one at home. But I'm told buying makeup (or anything?) on vacation feels special.

djkidkaz

Why is the guest relations building so large? I was down there a couple hours ago and was surprised at the size of it. It looked like there was even a deck on the back of it.

I liked the food additions as I always wanted more quick service options and that has been rectified. As far as the stores, my wife liked many of them but there wasn't much of anything for me.

The Town Center definitely did not feel like I was in Disney. It's kind of a strange transition of being at Disney, then transitioning to a mall, then back to Disney. The Landing still feels very Disney to me, but seeing all those famous shops in the Town Center definitely takes you out of the Disney bubble.

Just my thoughts and interested to read others opinions.

JustInTime

I stopped keeping up with DTD years ago when I got frustrated. I must say, this is a vast improvement. They have done a fantastic job with it.

Mouse Detective

I was out there today too and it's very impressive. I think the stores are open until midnight but didn't see alot offered after 10 o'clock at night when people aren't shopping anymore. But it's a winner.

epcotfan

I'm really looking forward to visiting Disney Springs after seeing the new photos and video. It looks fantastic and it is nice to have more non-Disney shops to browse.

Luxe

I would be interested in others' thoughts and opinions about this as well. The architectural placemaking looks really nice, but I can see how one might view it as feeling "outside the bubble"/un-Disneylike. Indeed, I have been wondering how this aspect would work out since the project was announced.

Do the retail brand stores/signs prevent Town Center from creating immersive placemaking? Are The Landing and/or Marketplace areas more immersive/Disneylike by comparison (even with the non-Disney stores)?

It's sort of like famous musicians who feel like they must put out the same album over and over because that's what the fans expect from them. Some hardcore Disney fans might not like it at first until they realize it is a step in the right direction.

Luxe

It looks great though. Wonderful atmosphere, visuals and selection of shops. Not many places I would shop in but what they have so far makes plenty of sense. The one complaint I have is that the actual spring could use a bit more lighting. The sections that have underwater lighting look amazing at night but the rest is dark. I get that a real spring wouldn't have underwater lighting but it would add to the visual in my opinion.

nelsonj3

Photo update as of Sunday, May 15, @wdwmagic photos and the video walkthrough are outstanding. Here are a few additions (with commentary) of other details.

Two views from the second story of Zara. The Welcome Center (Guest Relations) is the building on the left with the wraparound porch.

View attachment 142131
Very nice photos as always! How did you get on the second floor of Zara? Did I totally miss the staircase? I took video inside of all of the shops, including Zara, but apparently, I missed the entire second floor. Whoops!

I kept seeing people snapping pictures with very professional looking equipment and wondering if any of them were members here. I probably passed you at some point this morning/afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom