The Town Center construction

WDWGuide

I was, of course, referring to River Country with that comment (the park sadly sits rotting away to this day). However, the water system for the park actually was independent and isolated from Bay Lake. The idea that the place was closed due to risks from lake water is just a myth.

I was there shortly before it closed. The lake had flooded into River Country, which was full of dead fish that kids were throwing at each other. It was not a pleasant visit. I can't say for sure that this was the reason for the closure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it contributed.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Definitely excited about going down. This seems as theough I'll be staying at Disney Springs a little longer. I'm sure that's exactly what they want.

jt04

On our last trip I could not get my family out of Disney Springs; they all loved it. From what I could see over the construction Fences I am really looking forward to the new areas.

And we still have the Observatory, The Edison and many other adds on the way. Hopefully also the Empress upgrades. Beyond my expectations and they were high.

My thought is that charging for parking in the garages is not only justified but may be necessary. IMO.

mm121

And we still have the Observatory, The Edison and many other adds on the way. Hopefully also the Empress upgrades. Beyond my expectations and they were high.

My thought is that charging for parking in the garages is not only justified but may be necessary. IMO.

how is charging for parking justified? when your going there to spend money?

the garages weren't designed for charging, if anything they could scan bands for use of disney transit leaving disney springs, that would be the only way to limit the parking at ds for the parks issue that some believe exists.

Last edited:

JohnD

how is charging for parking justified?
if anything they could scan bands for use of disney transit leaving disney springs, that would be the only way to limit the parking at ds for the parks issue that some believe exists.

And how does that work from driving directly in from I-4?

jt04

it doesnt affect that at all, since parking would be free for anyone going to disney springs and only disney springs

The just need to add drop down gates where you take a ticket or a booth where a ticket is handed to you. You pay on exiting. Surface parking could be free. I just think, even with 2 garages, parking may be difficult on weekends. I could be totally wrong.

mm121

The just need to add drop down gates where you take a ticket or a booth where a ticket is handed to you. You pay on exiting. Surface parking could be free. I just think, even with 2 garages, parking may be difficult on weekends. I could be totally wrong.
anything is possible,

i just know that the department of transportation was super concerned with the possibility of the garage ramp causing traffic to backup onto i-4 at the beginning of the planning process

and there could be legal implications to charging due to the way the garages were funded.

lazyboy97o

Then you need multiple lanes as well as the median for that equipment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom