The Town Center construction

roj2323

I'd love to see portillo's hotdogs (out of Chicago) come to Disney springs or at least the Disney area. The food is awesome and I miss it.

bhg469

The Food Truck park is hardly creepy or desolate.
Really? Then why was it extremely busy 2 weeks ago when I was there and no one was at any if the trucks, the CM'S working in them were all standing around talking to each other. and anywhere that is devoid of people and dark despite thousands walking nearby is in fact creepy.

bhg469

I'd love to see portillo's hotdogs (out of Chicago) come to Disney springs or at least the Disney area. The food is awesome and I miss it.
Hot dogs Are extremely regional. A hot dog in Chicago may be completely unpalatable by someone from Cleveland or ny or where I am, buffalo.

Bolt

Really? Then why was it extremely busy 2 weeks ago when I was there and no one was at any if the trucks, the CM'S working in them were all standing around talking to each other. and anywhere that is devoid of people and dark despite thousands walking nearby is in fact creepy.
Those Cast Members, get them talking and the creepy comes out.

JordanKing

Not that I want a Panda Express, but why would I want the same food as in the parks here? If I want park food, i'll go to the parks (or as stated, the food trucks). More unique/rare quick service locales for the area would be very welcome. Could you imagine if DS opened the first In-n-Out Burger in Florida?

Just an example as I know it's insanely popular in southern Cal, but that's the type of thing i'd like to see. Places that are hard to find anywhere but Disney Springs.

I would lose my mind if Disney opened an In-n-Out. PLEASE. :jawdrop:

Jon81uk

If you don't want to spend 100 plus parking to go to the park? That's a good reason.
The majority of people going to Disney Springs will also be going to the parks at some point. You can eat the park food on another day of the week. Have Wolfgang Puck Express if you want counter service while shopping.

Although I do think they need to add an extra quick service or food court with AirCon seating at DS.

bhg469

The majority of people going to Disney Springs will also be going to the parks at some point. You can eat the park food on another day of the week. Have Wolfgang Puck Express if you want counter service while shopping.

Although I do think they need to add an extra quick service or food court with AirCon seating at DS.
That is a bold statement. Do you have information to back up that claim? Many many locals go there. Not all locals want to enter the parks for a quick bite of their favorite food as well.. also if you're a resort guest you'd be out of your mind to drive there, then why is expanding parking so important? A lot more people there are just going to DTD than you know.

HRHPrincessAriel

Not that I want a Panda Express, but why would I want the same food as in the parks here? If I want park food, i'll go to the parks (or as stated, the food trucks). More unique/rare quick service locales for the area would be very welcome. Could you imagine if DS opened the first In-n-Out Burger in Florida?

Just an example as I know it's insanely popular in southern Cal, but that's the type of thing i'd like to see. Places that are hard to find anywhere but Disney Springs.
This. I don't want something that I can also get right outside my local mall or inside at the malls food court.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

That is a bold statement. Do you have information to back up that claim? Many many locals go there. Not all locals want to enter the parks for a quick bite of their favorite food as well.. also if you're a resort guest you'd be out of your mind to drive there, then why is expanding parking so important? A lot more people there are just going to DTD than you know.

If you are a local making a special trip I expect you will be dining in a full service restaurant not looking for a quick service lunch I expect.

Personally if I am in a Disney hotel or staying offsite but also visitng Disney parks (hence the need for car parks for those staying at international at drive) I know I can get Dole Whip on the day I cisit Magic Kingdom. Why can't they offer specialities of Disney Springs as well? Even if it is an exclusive frozen cocktail or similar

bhg469

If you are a local making a special trip I expect you will be dining in a full service restaurant not looking for a quick service lunch I expect.

Personally if I am in a Disney hotel or staying offsite but also visitng Disney parks (hence the need for car parks for those staying at international at drive) I know I can get Dole Whip on the day I cisit Magic Kingdom. Why can't they offer specialities of Disney Springs as well? Even if it is an exclusive frozen cocktail or similar
Well i agree they should but the quick answer is they won't. At least in park items are somewhat unique but if you look at the bars and restaurants on property, the menus are more homogenized than ever. So far the new Additions to downtown disney are very much anything you can see in any town. I really hope I'm wrong but I expect much more of the same. More flip flops, hats, sunglasses, and cupcakes.

Mouse Detective

I can't be there every moment to see what you saw. When I've been there, there have been people in short lines at the food trucks and people sitting around at the tables eating food truck food. However, maybe the reason they changed the name of the location from Food Truck Park to Exposition Park was because they know the viability of the food trucks is going to be short.

roj2323

Even as a season pass holder there are occasions when I just go to Disney springs. The atmosphere is much better than any shopping mall. I do however wish there were more quick food options. I also wish they would redo the food truck menus too but I digress.

djkidkaz

The food truck parks level of busyness usually correlates to whether or not there is live entertainment going on. If you go early in the day or afternoon, its generally no one there, but if its later in the evening and there is live music its a pretty packed area with all the food trucks getting business.

mm121

wolf gang pick doesn't appeal to everyone

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont have them build a standard indoor food court, that would be stupid and boring, and totally against the theming of "its a town" vs "its a mall"

if your just wanting to hangout and walkaround and visit the shops you dont always want to eat full service.. options are good.

I can't be there every moment to see what you saw. When I've been there, there have been people in short lines at the food trucks and people sitting around at the tables eating food truck food. However, maybe the reason they changed the name of the location from Food Truck Park to Exposition Park was because they know the viability of the food trucks is going to be short.

i doubt them expecting the food trucks to fail was the reason for the name change.

i'm sure it was probably just to be sure they dont limit the options of what they can do there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom