The Town Center construction

bhg469

Excellent. This is the area with the most potential, hopefully it's more Millenia than Florida Mall or Pointe Orlando.
It's bound to be something better. The shops added where pleasure island used to be is not even mall shopping, it's airport terminal shopping. I'm almost expecting a sbarro amd panda express to pop up soon.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, Mar 16. In this view across from Raglan Road restaurant, you can see in the foreground one of the semi-circular Disney Springs river overlooks now has brickwork paving. In the background, work continues to demolish the old Pleasure Island bridge.

IMG_5099.JPG

bhg469

Well that is a huge expansion.. Its so difficult to see how much more is coming when you're on the ground in that rat maze. What goes in that huge expansion is what is most important though.

Jon81uk

via Jeff Lange

Apologies for no really being on topic but that image has got me trying to match things up from the Landing to Pleasure Island. So Comedy Warehouse is completely demolished as is BET Soindstage. 8Trax is still standing and Maniquins is being transformed into Morimoto. The shops and bars going down the hill (including what was once Harley davidson) are now new shops and restrooms. Adventurers club is still standing? I don't remember the bottom corner of PI very well but Beach Club (?) has been demolished to connect the main part of what was PI up with Fultons?

Mouse Detective

Apologies for no really being on topic but that image has got me trying to match things up from the Landing to Pleasure Island. So Comedy Warehouse is completely demolished as is BET Soindstage. 8Trax is still standing and Maniquins is being transformed into Morimoto. The shops and bars going down the hill (including what was once Harley davidson) are now new shops and restrooms. Adventurers club is still standing? I don't remember the bottom corner of PI very well but Beach Club (?) has been demolished to connect the main part of what was PI up with Fultons?
The following former clubs are still standing: Mannequins, 8TRAX, BET Soundstage, Adventurers Club
The following former clubs were demolished: Motion, Rock'n'Roll Beach Club, Comedy Warehouse

Next Big Thing

The following former clubs are still standing: Mannequins, 8TRAX, BET Soundstage, Adventurers Club
The following former clubs were demolished: Motion, Rock'n'Roll Beach Club, Comedy Warehouse
And Mannequins/8TRAX are being used for Morimoto.

It's still unclear exactly what AC and BET will be used for.

djkidkaz

It's bound to be something better. The shops added where pleasure island used to be is not even mall shopping, it's airport terminal shopping. I'm almost expecting a sbarro amd panda express to pop up soon.

Oooh I love Panda Express! Orange Chicken please...

Next Big Thing

But would you rather have panda express or maybe counter service that would reflect some in-park options?
Not that I want a Panda Express, but why would I want the same food as in the parks here? If I want park food, i'll go to the parks (or as stated, the food trucks). More unique/rare quick service locales for the area would be very welcome. Could you imagine if DS opened the first In-n-Out Burger in Florida?

Just an example as I know it's insanely popular in southern Cal, but that's the type of thing i'd like to see. Places that are hard to find anywhere but Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom