The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

clemmo

As for the not so phase three additions after SWL it sounds like new e ticket, new show replacing BATB, improvements to stage and seating facility, and possible RNRC re-theme. Am I missing anything else? As much as I'd like a new show replacing frozen I doubt anything will go there.

MagicHappens1971

As for the not so phase three additions after SWL it sounds like new e ticket, new show replacing BATB, improvements to stage and seating facility, and possible RNRC re-theme. Am I missing anything else? As much as I'd like a new show replacing frozen I doubt anything will go there.
I believe pretty much that is accurate. Phase 3 was described as "a new attraction and general park upgrades".

DinoInstitute

Perhaps a GMR refurb? Also, I'm still really curious what they want to do with animation courtyard as it seems it will be the last remaining area without any real theme or point in the park. Maybe facade work there to make it blend into Hollywood/Sunset/Echo, with same content on the inside of the buildings.

DHSCM

Perhaps a GMR refurb? Also, I'm still really curious what they want to do with animation courtyard as it seems it will be the last remaining area without any real theme or point in the park. Maybe facade work there to make it blend into Hollywood/Sunset/Echo, with same content on the inside of the buildings.
Personally I would love for them to get rid of Disney junior. Massive sound stage that sticks out and is only open half of the day. I would love for them to demo it and then have a passage that connects from rnrc to animation court yard that way sunset can still have a Hollywood feel with brown derby and starring rolls then maybe we're Disney junior used to be put something else hollywood

DHSCM

What movies do you think they would remove/replace from GMR if they do a refurb?
I'm not sure but as far as I'm concerned due to the new TCM addition last year I believe gmr at least has to be there until 2020-2021 I could be wrong tho. Then I believe after that there might have been talks of getting rid of it

clemmo

Personally I would love for them to get rid of Disney junior. Massive sound stage that sticks out and is only open half of the day. I would love for them to demo it and then have a passage that connects from rnrc to animation court yard that way sunset can still have a Hollywood feel with brown derby and starring rolls then maybe we're Disney junior used to be put something else hollywood
Agreed, if the 3rd ip doesn't go in animation courtyard (which I'm nearly 100% sure it is not) then that area is going to be a complete wasteland once everything is open. That could even attract less people than muppets courtyard as at least there you'll have people go to/from SWL.

Sped2424

Lets see whats a divisive property disney could put in DHS that isn't pixar. Im going to guess something live action that is hit or miss with a lot of people?

Haymarket2008

Apart from the announced Toy Story and Star Wars attractions, the unannounced E-ticket, and possible rethemes/refurbs of existing attractions, will there be any more legit C or D ticket attractions coming to DHS before 2021?

UpAllNight

DHS was such a poor experience during Star Wars weekends. Nowhere near the required capacity, awful queues for everything. My point being is this will become the new normal for DHS. I feel completely underwealmed by what I've been hearing so far about the plans for DHS in that they don't seem to be anywhere near as being ambitious enough to tackle this parks issues.

I fear any capacity benefit from Star Wars land will be offset by a huge attendance increase, meaning we're back to square one (admittedly with 2 new hopefully awesome rides).

Atleast IOA had a mostly built up park to support Potter.

Jones14

DHS was such a poor experience during Star Wars weekends. Nowhere near the required capacity, awful queues for everything. My point being is this will become the new normal for DHS. I feel completely underwealmed by what I've been hearing so far about the plans for DHS in that they don't seem to be anywhere near as being ambitious enough to tackle this parks issues.

I fear any capacity benefit from Star Wars land will be offset by a huge attendance increase, meaning we're back to square one (admittedly with 2 new hopefully awesome rides).

The goal is to hold extra crowds with the new E-ticket and the theatre shows (which almost never run at full capacity on a consistent basis) by swapping them out for some less tired options. If my memory serves me correctly, Voyage and Beast are near-definites at the very least.

Pair those additions/swap-outs with the four new rides and the existing capacity of the remaining attractions (which should still draw people in, particularly the rides, which, thankfully, happen to be near-people eaters) and I don't think DHS will be hurting for things to do; I also don't believe that (with the exception of Star Wars land) queues will be that big of a nightmare, comparatively speaking.

The problem is going to be the paths and restaurants. Know how crowded Sunset gets in the 30 minutes leading up to Fantasmic? Think of that, but everywhere, all day. The park isn't designed to handle the foot-traffic more than anything else, and the Hogsmeade problem will come back to haunt the park it was almost housed in.

J. D.

I'm hoping that Star Wars Weekends come back once the land opens. Bring back the celebrity panels, the 501st, maybe a new show just for the Weekends, and characters to meet that aren't already in Star Wars Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom