The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
My guess is that area is being earmarked for Star Wars expansion in the future -- a similar plot in a similar location is set aside in DL for SW future development.

Granted, that's a pretty sizeable area that could fit a new land, but the guest flow would be pretty tough as it would be essentially a dead end without significant changes to the east (in the area of SoA).

Or could that be backstage?

doctornick

In the mass of posts regarding GotG going to Epcot, I recall a post by @MansionButler84 indicating that an E-ticket is still planned for DHS after TSL and SW.

And @marni1971 said there would not be additional Pixar after TSL. So... since we can reasonably assume that anything that comes to DHS would be an established IP and Pixar is off the table, what could it be? I feel strongly that it would mean that WDW would finally be getting its own Indiana Jones ride, but I guess it could be something from Disney animation or even the live action films.

clemmo

In the mass of posts regarding GotG going to Epcot, I recall a post by @MansionButler84 indicating that an E-ticket is still planned for DHS after TSL and SW.

And @marni1971 said there would not be additional Pixar after TSL. So... since we can reasonably assume that anything that comes to DHS would be an established IP and Pixar is off the table, what could it be? I feel strongly that it would mean that WDW would finally be getting its own Indiana Jones ride, but I guess it could be something from Disney animation or even the live action films.
I'm leaning strongly towards IJ replacing the stunt show. Not sure there's a better fit especially with the fifth movie coming out in 2019 which is potentiality when they could have an attraction by if announced at D23 next year.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Dumbo directed by Tim Burton...........kidding............would love Indiana Jones. Would be a cool area to spend time Ike Star Wars.

Daveeeeed

Pure speculation (towards the end), but I feel like these events will happen based on what has happened. Still...maybe I'm optimistic :)

-2012 Cars Land (Just to have on here)
-2012 New Fantasyland
-2014 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
-2016 Frozen: Ever After
-2016 Disney Springs
-2016 Rivers of Light
-2017 Pandora: The World of Avatar
-Quarter 4 2017- Quarter 1 2018 Toy Story Land
-2018 Guardians of The Galaxy Ride (Epcot or HWS)
-2019 Star Wars Land
-2021 Imagination! (For WDW's 50th)
-2021 Enhancements to MK for the 50th
-2022 New Blizzard Beach Attraction
-2023 Dinoland
-2024 MK Frontierland/Tomorrowland?
-2026 Indiana Jones Land (Depending if the film will be a mega hit or not Think 1.2B+ Globally)
-2026 OR Monstropolis (Probably Disney's second choice to Indy if Indy just does okay in the BO, Indy will do spectacular though if it is fantastic).

Like I said, just guesses for the things that are unannounced. What you guys think?

Last edited:

clemmo

Pure speculation (towards the end), but I feel like these events will happen based on what has happened. Still...maybe I'm optimistic :)

-2012 Cars Land (Just to have on here)
-2012 New Fantasyland
-2014 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
-2016 Frozen: Ever After
-2016 Disney Springs
-2016 Rivers of Light
-2017 Pandora: The World of Avatar
-Quarter 4 2017- Quarter 1 2018 Toy Story Land
-2018 Guardians of The Galaxy Ride (Epcot or HWS)
-2019 Star Wars Land
-2021 Imagination! (For WDW's 50th)
-2024 MK Frontierland/Tomorrowland?
-2026 Indiana Jones Land (Depending if the film will be a mega hit or not Think 1.2B+ Globally)
-2026 Monstropolis (Probably Disney's second choice to Indy if Indy just does okay in the BO, it will do spectacular though if it is fantastic).
Like I said, just guesses for the things that are unannounced. What you guys think?
I'm thinking
2017- avatar/typhoon lagoon slide
2018- TSL
2019- SWL
2020- completion of Epcot enhancement some stuff might open earlier like GOTG phase 1. I'm also thinking a new attraction in WS as well.
2021- new parades, fireworks show, and many DL classic dark enhancements like they got
2022- break year
2023- water parks expansion
2024- tomorrowland revamp
2025- new DAK land either dinoland revamp or new continent
Again as you said 2022-2025 are pretty much just an educated guess based off of how long it's been for an addition to each park

doctornick

In an effort to put the discussion about a possible Phase 3 in a more appropriate place, I thought I'd bring over some notes that appeared in other off-topic threads.....

MK will get updates and a new parade(s?) and fireworks as well and there is another E-ticket headed to DHS.

Aside from current works I'd be surprised to see more Pixar rides at DHS in the near future. Other IPs are currently being considered.

I will say it should be great fun. I can't really say more until it's announced then I think you'll understand.

Could you say if its an IP that's already in the parks?

I can't say more until it's more public. Then you'll understand. Tricky one is this.
So, color me intrigued. I'm still thinking a big Indiana Jones ride, but wonder if it might be directly linked to the upcoming movie in that series and details of the ride might "spoil" some aspect of that film

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom