The Sword in the Stone ceremony returning to the Magic Kingdom?

Slugger

That's funny because I was talking to someone in another thread (I think one of the "how do they do that?" ones) and they swore that MK HAS been doing it daily already (this was several weeks ago). This was from me talking about how when I worked as an Ent Tech, I had one of the guys show me the old console where the tech would release the "brake" on the sword when given the signal and how they had cut the wires so no one could come up there and free it now. They told me they hadn't heard anything about a room with a control thing in it (but as I stated, it's been 4 years since I worked there, so they could've fixed it easily), but now I'm reading it "might be coming back." Guess I wasn't going as crazy as I thought.

I can tell you that the sword and the stone magical moment happens multiple times daily. The Fantasyland Woodwind Society is out daily and they could of just been around the sword and the stone when the magical moment was being performed. One of my friends said today that she crowned a little boy after he pulled the sword out of the stone so maybe there might be more to it. If I find anything out about this I will post it!

MarkTwain

The day Merlin returns to the ceremony, he ought to be dressed as if he was just on a long vacation in Bermuda.

tumblr_kui96m3BwS1qzokhyo1_1280.jpg

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Seems like it might be a (relatively) cheap way of making sure the musicians are being productive for as many hours as they're contracted to.
If they do bring back Merlin, I hope he's doesn't look like a young kid in a bad beard like he used to... :p
Really, Merlin's friends should be older (or at least older-looking) guys, and most of Hatter's friends should be old queens, and I don't mean the Disney variety.

sWANNISAX

I'd love to see this back. I was there two weeks ago with people who had not been in at least 10 years and when we walked by the sword he asked can i still pull it out? I said no they don't do it any more. I hope this is truly changing I remember watching the show when i was a kid but was never picked. It seems to me if Universal can give away one of their $30 wands every 20 minutes in Olivanders Disney can certainly cough up a foam crown or sword to the kid who pulls out the sword in a show.

asianway

I'd love to see this back. I was there two weeks ago with people who had not been in at least 10 years and when we walked by the sword he asked can i still pull it out? I said no they don't do it any more. I hope this is truly changing I remember watching the show when i was a kid but was never picked. It seems to me if Universal can give away one of their $30 wands every 20 minutes in Olivanders Disney can certainly cough up a foam crown or sword to the kid who pulls out the sword in a show.
I didn't think the wand was free-I thought the parents still had to cough up the retail price.

You used to get a free commemorative medallion and signed scroll if you were picked. That probably cost $2.

jt04

Seems perfect for the atmosphere of the new "Courtyard". I expect more stuff like it.

I'd suggest they removed the show so as to eliminate bottlenecks during the FLE construction mess. Some of this is not very hard to figure out really.

bgraham34

Seems perfect for the atmosphere of the new "Courtyard". I expect more stuff like it.

I'd suggest they removed the show so as to eliminate bottlenecks during the FLE construction mess. Some of this is not very hard to figure out really.

It is things like that in which I hope to see. But thing is it might be there for 3-5 years until TDO says ya know what we dont need that anymore.

dreamscometrue

No. An incline would be adding something new. This is just brining things back to the baseline.

It's only an incline if your memory is too short to remember what the baseline is.

I don't disagee with your last statement, but if the slope and length of the incline are exactly the same as that of the decline, we'll be at the same level as before. ;) I do feel, however, that we may have several discussions on here about how much, and what type of, 'inclining' it'll take for that to happen.

The declines (or what people believe are declines) have been well documented by some on here, but there have been changes that could be called inclines as well. These take 3 forms: bringing back things which should have never been gone/broken, improvements to existing attractions, or new items. Examples of those in order, imho, include gysers on BTMRR, water wheel on TSI and at Morocco; new LED lighting and screens on the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights; and Splitsville, FLE, Tangled Courtyard, and MMY. Obviously, there are many more, but I was just illustrating my whole decline/incline point. :)

lebeau

I don't disagee with your last statement, but if the slope and length of the incline are exactly the same as that of the decline, we'll be at the same level as before. ;) I do feel, however, that we may have several discussions on here about how much, and what type of, 'inclining' it'll take for that to happen.

The declines (or what people believe are declines) have been well documented by some on here, but there have been changes that could be called inclines as well. These take 3 forms: bringing back things which should have never been gone/broken, improvements to existing attractions, or new items. Examples of those in order, imho, include gysers on BTMRR, water wheel on TSI and at Morocco; new LED lighting and screens on the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights; and Splitsville, FLE, Tangled Courtyard, and MMY. Obviously, there are many more, but I was just illustrating my whole decline/incline point. :)

I may be splitting hairs here. But I don't consider putting back something that never should have been taken away an incline. It is merely the correction of an error. It brings you back to the baseline.

There are inclines. This just isn't one of them. In fact, until Merlin is brought back, it is still a net decline. Just a smaller decline than previously existed.

Plussing and new attractions are indisputably inclines. Unfortunately, I think the ledger is heavier on the decline side of late.

asianway

I may be splitting hairs here. But I don't consider putting back something that never should have been taken away an incline. It is merely the correction of an error. It brings you back to the baseline.

There are inclines. This just isn't one of them. In fact, until Merlin is brought back, it is still a net decline. Just a smaller decline than previously existed.

Plussing and new attractions are indisputably inclines. Unfortunately, I think the ledger is heavier on the decline side of late.
I remember watching the show from King Stephen's feasting on decent food(Prime Rib and beef barley soup plus Mickey Mouse butter!). Declines all around...

invader

If it's 80 degrees in temperature one day, drops to 74 the next, and the back to 80 the following it's considered an incline. Same concept here.

lebeau

If it's 80 degrees in temperature one day, drops to 74 the next, and the back to 80 the following it's considered an incline. Same concept here.

So you completely re-evaluate the state of the parks on a daily basis forgetting everything that has ever come before? That's A concept. But I think it's a faulty one.

Try this out. If you have $10 and I take $5 and then give you $5 dollars back a year later did you benefit from this transaction? Is that an incline?

(Although to make that analogy truly accurate, I'd need to give you back less that $5. What is Merlin worth? A buck? Two-fifty?)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
So Is this back? That would be amazing. My daughter has recently become interested in Arthurian folklore and when she found out they used to have this ceremony she was super P.O d..."why do they stop doing stuff like this" she asks...I didn't have a real good answer.

It seems to me if Universal can give away one of their $30 wands every 20 minutes in Olivanders Disney can certainly cough up a foam crown or sword to the kid who pulls out the sword in a show.

Hmmm..has this changed? I don't remember them giving away these wands? If they do we got ripped off. My daughter got chosen and we had to buy that bad boy....like we had a choice!???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom