The strolling, sipping, snacking and snapping somewhat solo trip report!

Hey all! I returned this past Monday from my solo visit to the World. My DH was a peach and didn't mind me leaving him behind with the dogs and the freezing temperatures. He happened to have last week off, so I'm sure his time was spent wisely doing his manly man things, whatever they may be.

The basics of the trip:
When: January 24 - 28, 2013
Where: Pop Century
Who: Mostly just me, Jessica, with some appearances from my dear friend Shalon (wvugeograd) who lives local to WDW. She was a former client of mine before relocating to Florida and we have become such great friends.
Why: Not that there really needs to be a reason to visit WDW, but I was there mainly to increase my picture library. Not that I don't have a lot of pictures, but I needed more. Between the Kingdom Konsultant Blog and our Facebook page, we use a lot of pictures, and sometimes I can never find what I'm looking for. So perfect excuse to visit WDW, right? I thought so!

This trip report will be more photos than words because frankly, I did more snapping than anything. I really only did a few attractions at each park, but it was still a wonderful visit with perfect weather. I couldn't have been happier with the weather. Seriously - mid 70's and sunny every day, and not a drop of rain, how do you beat that?!

I'll really start off the trip report when I get home this evening, but I figured I'd get a head start. Stay tuned...

dkosdros

Disney_Belle first off what an amazing Trip Report. Great Job. I was wondering if you know if those leather bound Walt Disney World books are for sale that you took a picture of and where? I want one so bad and will grab one on my next trip down.

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Disney_Belle first off what an amazing Trip Report. Great Job. I was wondering if you know if those leather bound Walt Disney World books are for sale that you took a picture of and where? I want one so bad and will grab one on my next trip down.

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Photobucket has been giving me a heck of a time today so I've still got the last day to finish.

I believe those books are journals, they have them in the Bonjour gift shop in New Fantasyland!

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Gorgeous Jess!!! sigh.... oreo bon bons.. ugh!!!! I need about 10 of those!

They are so delicious! I think on my next trip I'll be making a run to Beach Club before we head back to our resort one night so I can get some to put in our fridge!

I love MISICI too! I find it very uplifting. I'd love to have the song, but I don't know where to find it.

I laughed at your remark that your hubby never wants to do ETR--things like that make solo trips worth it, eh? :)

Your photos are simply stunning. Is that the moon over Fantasyland? (stupid question, I know) Wow, it was really bright that night!

I wish they sold a soundtrack with that music! I pull up videos of it on YouTube and listen :) And yes, those are the things that make solo trips extra special haha! That is the moon over Fantasyland. It was very bright. When I walked up by Peter Pan's Flight it looked so gorgeous!

Wow I loved your trip report. Your pictures are gorgeous!!! It makes me want to take a solo trip. How nice it would be to do what it wanted when I wanted!! Thank you for sharing your memories

Thank you! If you ever have the opportunity to do a solo trip, be sure to take one. It's so fun :)

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Monday, January 28th

Last day. Boo. I was not looking forward to giving up my sunny 75 degree weather, but I guess I had to go home to DH and the pups sooner or later :)

Before I start on my last day, I have one more photo from my last night at MK that didn't make it to the report yet. It's the Tangled lantern scene during Celebrate the Magic:

J230_zps27a30a78.jpg

Okay, now we're officially on to Monday!

I woke up around 7:00, showered, packed, checked the suitcase with DME and the carry on with luggage services before heading out to Downtown Disney for the morning. I wanted to check out Splitsville and get some pictures of it, as well as do some shopping at DTD Marketplace. I really didn't do much besides those things, so this final installment has more pictures than words.

J232_zps73be394c.jpg

J233_zps29dca553.jpg

J234_zps20074269.jpg

J235_zpsd5949bde.jpg

J236_zps87246de0.jpg

J237_zps77a8b1b6.jpg

J238_zpsd46eee0f.jpg

J239_zps836efed2.jpg

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
I love this check out counter!

J253_zps230a97d1.jpg

J254_zps7c592c6a.jpg

After I did my shopping, it was about 1:00. My rental wasn't due back until 2:30, but I didn't have anything else I really needed to do, so I returned the VW and headed back to Pop for lunch and some rest by the pool until my 4:25 pm DME pickup. While I was sad the trip was over, I was excited to get home and see DH and start working on the plans for our May visit!

Hope you all enjoyed!

PartOfYourWorld

Great trip report Jess!!! I can't believe that our trips are close together! But you know what's funny we live so close to each other that we should meet up sometime!!! :)

Your pictures are gorgeous again and I can't wait to see Splitsville in person! It looks like such a fun place!!!! I love all the different perspectives you take on your pictures as well!

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Great trip report Jess!!! I can't believe that our trips are close together! But you know what's funny we live so close to each other that we should meet up sometime!!! :)

Your pictures are gorgeous again and I can't wait to see Splitsville in person! It looks like such a fun place!!!! I love all the different perspectives you take on your pictures as well!

Thanks, Jess! I know, we're just missing each other! But seeing that we only live about 25 minutes away from one another - yes, we do need to get together!

Splitsville looked great! We're going bowling there on our next trip :)

WishIWasAtWDW

Loved the trip report, Jess! So many beautiful pictures! That's probably the best part about a solo trip is that you don't have to worry about stopping to take as many pictures as you want. Thanks for sharing!

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Loved the trip report, Jess! So many beautiful pictures! That's probably the best part about a solo trip is that you don't have to worry about stopping to take as many pictures as you want. Thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed it, Ashley! And that is the very best part! I didn't care how many rides I got on, I just wanted to snap away :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom